franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

You both are idiots. OP, you never played the game so how do you know what anyone can block out. 2p your team and fans are as classless as you are. It is against TSSAA rules to blow horns period. Your fans did it against us and probably every one else. You always got the calls and everyone who has been around knows why. Your coaches are classless. They taunted our coaches and our players both times we played . Your team used to have some class, but they are Riverdale trash now. Notice how no one from the region except Riverdale is giving you congrats. It is because they know you won way too many games on CHEAP calls by paying the refs. Was Rankin in the pressbox calling the plays?

The airhorns didn't make procedure penalties, they caused turnovers you moron. It sure wasn't your defense. Smyrna's is much better and faster.

Ignorant post. I'm a Siegel fan but want to offer a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Oakland's team, Coach McDaniel and his staff. You all represented our region well, enjoy your moment, you've earned it!!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a good game... unfortunate that the Rebels had the two miscues in the red zone but that happens some nights.

I thought the D was going to stand tall and get a stop on that last Oakland drive but it wasn't meant to be. The Patriots can run the ball kinda decently. That's old school football right there.

Congratulations to Oakland... and congratulations to the Rebels. I can't wait for the day there's a gold ball in the trophy case, but I'm proud of the silver ones, too.

I happen to know Oakland only paid off the refs in one game this season. They needed help beating CC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Congrats O'land...I predicted OT, but ya'll just had to score and mess that up. Must of paid the ref for the TD call. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> or maybe the airhorn just scared him and he threw his hands up to surrender. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Some people are just idiots...God love 'em /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

do u seriously think oakland has enough money to pay off refs?...

almost all of the schools funds have been cut in half even footballs and we have money to pay refs?..

completely not true your ignorant for thinking that and mad that we won

I was very impressed with both teams.The power game of Oakland vs the very fine Franklin team.These are my thoughts on the game.When Franklin moved the ball down the field and decided to run it three or four times in a row and came away without getting a touchdown on that one drive.I thought it might cost them the game if Oakland was to have the ball late,and they did.

I thought it might cost them the game if Oakland was to have the ball late,and they did.

The amazing thing is that they didn't really get it what I would consider "late." That drive was exactly what a time-killing drive is supposed to do. The guys on the broadcast made an excellent point when Oakland didn't pick up enough yards on second down for a first down... it wasn't the worst thing in the world - they were likely going to get the first anyways.

It was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever seen.

The amazing thing is that they didn't really get it what I would consider "late." That drive was exactly what a time-killing drive is supposed to do. The guys on the broadcast made an excellent point when Oakland didn't pick up enough yards on second down for a first down... it wasn't the worst thing in the world - they were likely going to get the first anyways.

It was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever seen.

Sound like one of Rankins protges took a page right out of his book...I have watched many years when one of our teams had the ball with a 7 point lead or a tie ball game and Rankin would run the same 3 or 4 plays and tell you to stop him and you dont I do not have comcast so i did not see the game but by what i have read and what they did to us in the first game of the year was the same....

good job oakland 3-7 last year to a state championship this year...this makes my job harder lol

I was a liitle bit confused why Franklin didn't try to throw the ball to the center of the field more... The only time they did.. They scored.. doesn't make any sense.. Oakland leaves that part of the field open.. and for Oakland your running game is just ugly... run it down peoples throat..I guess if its not broken don't fix it.... Goood Game

loved the atmosphere and thought it could have been won by either team.. They two best teams played and I was proud to be there to watch Maryville lose and watch a though 5a state championship!!! Good year... time to hit the weight room for next year>> Go Owls

I have not seen 1 Smyrna fan offer congratulations to the Oakland Squad. For that I am sorry. I have been away for some time and I'd like to say "well done" to the Patriots.

I feel the best team won the gold ball this year and for the Williamson county football fans who thought the Championship was won the night Franklin beat Brentwood; you can't deny that the best big school football is played in Rutherford County.

Great job Oakland Patriots.

Look forward to battling the Champs Next year.

The Oakland/Smyrna match ups should be as good or better then this year.

Well, my last game ever sure was an exciting one. I (and the rest of the O-Line) did our job and performed to at least 100%. We tried to get 10 or so yards on that last pass, but didn't realize the refs thought it was all but over. Still that is no excuse we had 2 fumbles and didn't do what we had to to win. As hard as it was, I shook every Oakland players hand. And, I offer them congrats after 3-7 to state champs. I know we could have beaten them, but we didn't and they were a MASSIVE team. MacAdoo (sorry if it's spelled wrong) in my eyes should have gotter the Mr. Football award, but at least he can try another year. I know this was the BEST season of my LIFE, and thanks to everyone in Franklin who supported us.

Gold Ball or not best season EVER!!

6 pts...............you know what that is fballismyhero?? That's how many points Smyrna scored in 8 quarters of regulation play against Oakland's defense.

Look at the video on the DNJ.......look at which team's coaches were on the field between the two teams. Smyrna's coaches were nowhere to be found.

5 for 6...........Hicks, 5 carries for 6 yards after letting everyone know they were going to the "SHIP"

Airhorns my #$%

Get over yourself and get on with your life..........the jewelry salesmen is in M'boro on Monday!!!

You just proved my point, Mr. Get back Coach! Demoted From OC to Get Back Coach and butt wiper! Priceless!

Congrats to the Patriots! I didn't think you could do it but you proved me wrong. Franklin had no hopes of stopping any 3rd down less than 3 yards. Your boys are big!

Bass impressed me more than Valentine, may be Franklin keyed on him and I believe the ankle was bothering him in the 2nd half. You kept Franklin from getting their usual big plays and they killed themselves with turnovers.

On the play of Oakland's 1st score, it was 3rd and 8 and Webb had pretty much the entire D on the line of scrimmage. When Bass broke thru the initial line, there was no one between him and the goal. Why was that D called???

On offense, several times low percentive passes were thrown killing drives. KEYLO was the key to winning which was under utilized. He was effective every time a pass was thrown to him. A game plan of multiple short passes would have given Franklin a much better shot as Oakland's Dline was too good to have the run as the primary play. Ford may have gotten his long runs if the Dline was looking pass. I'm not saying it would definately gotten the win, but Franklin left alot of plays unused.

Congrats to the Rebel players for a fine season, coaching seemed to hurt you. Again, congrats to the Patriots, you seemed to win with much more class than the Bulldogs.