OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL 2008

bipbopzot

We had a great year,all things considered (until the owls decided to screw-up in every way possible last night).DEFENSE was all heart last night,played very well considering they were on the feild all night!!! NO-TACKLING on special teams killed us last night and NO-OFFENSE was the back breaker. Overall,what does everyone think? and what about next year? How does everyone think we will do? OWL SENIORS WERE SOME OF THE BEST LEADERS ON AND OFF THE FEILD,I've ever seen.Great kids,great parents for the most part.THANK-YOU ALL!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a great year,all things considered (until the owls decided to screw-up in every way possible last night).DEFENSE was all heart last night,played very well considering they were on the feild all night!!! NO-TACKLING on special teams killed us last night and NO-OFFENSE was the back breaker. Overall,what does everyone think? and what about next year? How does everyone think we will do? OWL SENIORS WERE SOME OF THE BEST LEADERS ON AND OFF THE FEILD,I've ever seen.Great kids,great parents for the most part.THANK-YOU ALL!!

Ooltewah is going to have to find some playmakers next season. It is shocking they made it as far as they did by running one running back 80% of the time. Eric Green should have been lined up in the slot some and he should have gotten more opportunities this season. I think he will be a capable replacement for Polk.

Hopefully, we will be able to help Brady more next season by having receivers on the field that can catch and actually move the chains. I think our coaching staff was so enamored with the speed from the wr's they oftentimes forgot that you have to catch the ball.

The biggest problem will be replacing the offensive line. I look for Jacquez Smith and perhaps #33 to move to the offensive line and they will make darn good linemen. I also expect Ted Gatewood to be named head coach at East Hamilton which means he will likely take a couple of coaches with him....Couch and Henderson. If this occurs, I look for the majority of Ooltewah's freshmen team from this season to show up and play for the Hurricanes next year.

It's way too early to start thinking about next season .

As far as this season is concerned, I believe last night showed that Ooltewah played in a weak region and it also showed that Oakland plays in the toughest region in the state. The two teams we lost against were from middle Tennessee. That ought to tell you something.

I also noticed that Oakland dressed about 90 players. Murfreesboro doesn't have all the tiny private schools, therefore, they have better depth on their football roster. They could have played us ten times and they would have beaten us nine.

I'm not trying to hurt anybodies feelings but it's the truth. They kicked our butts.....

From a fan only point of view, and looking at the program with grade showing beside the players, the Owls strength looks to be uncertain for next season. They will return some GREAT players but they do not have a depth of players in the JR and Sophomore years. Especially the Sophomores. I think the Owls will make the playoffs next year but they are in need of several key position players. First, they need some upperclassman lineman to transfer in. It looks like only one starter returns unless you count the guy who filled in when #65 got hurt. He did a good job but that only makes two lineman with ANY experience. Second, Ooltewah needs a QB competition to make our QB position better. Move #5 to a flanker position. Third, find a way to have a balanced attack and quit throwing the outside - 1 yard route. I cringed in my seat every time we through that pass hoping the other team would not pick it off and take it for a TD.

I hope Gatewood doesn't go to the new school. It will be YEARS before that school will be competitive. He needs to stay where he is and take back the head coaching job once Benny decides to retire.

A question for a former or current player. We have won the FRESHMAN Championship for the last three years, so where have all the players gone and why? Farragut remains big and balanced in Sr., Jr., and So., so why does Ooltewah not have more players stay and play in their final years of high school? I just don't get it, unless it is because their is no JV games to keep these players game active. And I have heard all the comments about you get better practicing the starters and I will agree. But you also want a chance to play and see how much you have improved from week to week.

Great job to this years Owls team and thanks to all seniors who gave me and many others many great Friday night memories and good luck with your future endeavors. I will be back next year to cheer you on.

From a fan only point of view, and looking at the program with grade showing beside the players, the Owls strength looks to be uncertain for next season. They will return some GREAT players but they do not have a depth of players in the JR and Sophomore years. Especially the Sophomores. I think the Owls will make the playoffs next year but they are in need of several key position players. First, they need some upperclassman lineman to transfer in. It looks like only one starter returns unless you count the guy who filled in when #65 got hurt. He did a good job but that only makes two lineman with ANY experience. Second, Ooltewah needs a QB competition to make our QB position better. Move #5 to a flanker position. Third, find a way to have a balanced attack and quit throwing the outside - 1 yard route. I cringed in my seat every time we through that pass hoping the other team would not pick it off and take it for a TD.

I hope Gatewood doesn't go to the new school. It will be YEARS before that school will be competitive. He needs to stay where he is and take back the head coaching job once Benny decides to retire.

A question for a former or current player. We have won the FRESHMAN Championship for the last three years, so where have all the players gone and why? Farragut remains big and balanced in Sr., Jr., and So., so why does Ooltewah not have more players stay and play in their final years of high school? I just don't get it, unless it is because their is no JV games to keep these players game active. And I have heard all the comments about you get better practicing the starters and I will agree. But you also want a chance to play and see how much you have improved from week to week.

Great job to this years Owls team and thanks to all seniors who gave me and many others many great Friday night memories and good luck with your future endeavors. I will be back next year to cheer you on.

GOOD LORD,YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT!!!! YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

Does anyone know the Owls schedule for next year? I would not be too worried about Gatewood leaving yet. The rumours I have heard is that with the $20 million deficit they may not open the new school next year.

Go Owls

That is 100% incorrect...School opens on schedule. Coaches announcement to be made Dec. 13 from 2-4 at Chili's on Gunbarrel....big event.

That is 100% incorrect...School opens on schedule. Coaches announcement to be made Dec. 13 from 2-4 at Chili's on Gunbarrel....big event.

As I said it was just a rumour. Typical Hamilton County. We cannot pay for the schools and teachers we have so now they are going to open a new school. Makes perfect sense to me.

Go Owls

As I said it was just a rumour. Typical Hamilton County. We cannot pay for the schools and teachers we have so now they are going to open a new school. Makes perfect sense to me.

Go Owls

Since when has Hamilton Co. ever done anything right??? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Money could have been put into improving/enlarging the schools we already have. RUMOUR has it that many teachers will be unemployed next year. How sad is that?

Heard on the radio that the Owls still lack 3 games next year. What a pity that we can not get games scheduled. I love Owls football and would love to see 10 games on the schedule next year.

Since when has Hamilton Co. ever done anything right??? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Money could have been put into improving/enlarging the schools we already have. RUMOUR has it that many teachers will be unemployed next year. How sad is that?

Heard on the radio that the Owls still lack 3 games next year. What a pity that we can not get games scheduled. I love Owls football and would love to see 10 games on the schedule next year.

I know coach has been busy, but I too hope for a full 10 game schedule. Hopefully we can pick up a home/away with some teams that will test our weaknesses.

Go Owls

We need to schedule a game every year with a team from region 4 to see what we need to improve on... They have shown us and every one else that reg.4 is very good. why not go play the best... This will help us next year and years to come in the play-offs....

NOT A BAD IDEA..but probably will not happen. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />