Pitcher,3rd base,LF,RF,1st Base

UC21FAN

Hello My Name is Kara Woods. I am in search of a Quality College Exposure Team after the H.S. season is complete. Am willing to travel up to 3 to 4 hrs for the Best! Birth date is 6/21/93 Have pitched successfully at 43 feet in in other exposure tournaments. You can contact me for tryouts @ Dads e-mail barry.woods1@us.army.mil

Thank you for your time and possible interest.

Kara Woods #25

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello My Name is Kara Woods. I am in search of a Quality College Exposure Team after the H.S. season is complete. Am willing to travel up to 3 to 4 hrs for the Best! Birth date is 6/21/93 Have pitched successfully at 43 feet in in other exposure tournaments. You can contact me for tryouts @ Dads e-mail barry.woods1@us.army.mil

Thank you for your time and possible interest.

Kara Woods #25

The best college exposure team is the Fury based out of Chattanooga. However, you would have travel to play. They play top teams as far away as California. If you can make the team it is worth it as the main manager, Pat Moyer, knows how to work the recruiting system. He has a direct bee line to the top D-I, D-II and NAIA coaches all over the country. He has their email addresses and cells and frequently contacts them with where his teams are playing. He will tell you what to say, do ectt...and he will promote your strengths to these coaches.

The best college exposure team is the Fury based out of Chattanooga. However, you would have travel to play. They play top teams as far away as California. If you can make the team it is worth it as the main manager, Pat Moyer, knows how to work the recruiting system. He has a direct bee line to the top D-I, D-II and NAIA coaches all over the country. He has their email addresses and cells and frequently contacts them with where his teams are playing. He will tell you what to say, do ectt...and he will promote your strengths to these coaches.

Thank You Best for the information, Yes I have seen them in the Last Tournament I played in Chattanooga,I was playing for the Lady Eagles out of Knoxville. We finished second to get a berth to the National. Unfortunately I broke my thumb sliding into second head first In another tournament, and the team decided not to go. Do you have some insight on how would I get a hold of Coach Moyer, to check with him on any possible openings and maybe a try out.

Thank You Best for the information, Yes I have seen them in the Last Tournament I played in Chattanooga,I was playing for the Lady Eagles out of Knoxville. We finished second to get a berth to the National. Unfortunately I broke my thumb sliding into second head first In another tournament, and the team decided not to go. Do you have some insight on how would I get a hold of Coach Moyer, to check with him on any possible openings and maybe a try out.

www.furyfastpitch.net

I think they have contact numbers on that web site.

There are a number of good teams that do a good job with helping their players as well. Coaches that help their players with how to approach the recruiting process, write letters and what to say. To mention a few, there are the Knoxville Thunder, Nashville Nighthawks, Frost Falcons, Germantown Red Devils, Chattanooga Force and TN Xplosion as well as Fury. I would say none of these are any better than any other. Coaches from the above teams also contact coaches for their players and speak to them by cell, email etc... to keep them updated. The best thing to do is to find the right fit for your situation by speaking to all of them. There may be some closer to home as well as there are some good VA programs as well. Look for someone who has your interests in mind not just the travel coaches agenda. Some players are truly D1 and some are DII or NAIA. Some coaches believe what is right for them is right for the player and this is not the case. Some travel the southeast and some spend a lot of extra money travelling the entire country. None is wrong just depends on your situation.

Chattanooga Fury & Coach Moyer is a good choice for Exposure Tournaments. However there 18u/16u teams are usually made up of athletes that are already on the fast track to being signed or have committed already. Other teams you might want to look into are Knoxville Thunder & Fred Fekete's Magic team. The Thunder has contacts with many collage coaches & they have been attending higher level Exposure tournaments these past few years. Fred's last name alone gets his Magic team into most any Exposure tournament he wants but the quality of his teams has diminished some over the past few years. TN Xplosion is another team / organization that has a good feel for the recruiting process.

Good luck in your search!

Thank you everyone for all the uplifting insight and possibilities. I have played travel ball for the past 5 yrs, 3 with the Smokey Mountain Sting, out of Waynesville N.C.,2 yrs with the Scorpions of Black Mountain N.C. and some select tournaments with the Knoxville Lady Eagles 18U. A Couple with the Unicoi County Royals 18U. I've also pitched against Riverdale H.S. cant remember the pitchers name Big Blond hair Girl that broke her ankle last season she pitched against us. We lost 1-0 had 9 k's Best talent and a real H.S. Team.

Thanks again for your help

Kara Woods

Thank you everyone for all the uplifting insight and possibilities. I have played travel ball for the past 5 yrs, 3 with the Smokey Mountain Sting, out of Waynesville N.C.,2 yrs with the Scorpions of Black Mountain N.C. and some select tournaments with the Knoxville Lady Eagles 18U. A Couple with the Unicoi County Royals 18U. I've also pitched against Riverdale H.S. cant remember the pitchers name Big Blond hair Girl that broke her ankle last season she pitched against us. We lost 1-0 had 9 k's Best talent and a real H.S. Team.

Thanks again for your help

Kara Woods

Well that blonde hair girl would be Cat Hosfield, she pitches for the University of Tennessee now. Another girl on that team , who is a senior this year is going to the University of Kentucky next year and still another is going to MTSU . All on softball scholarships. I would contact Pat Moyer ,of the FURY, if his team is full ask him for help and get his opinion of the best team next year. Also ask him for help with your recruiting. HE is without mistake the MOST connected coach in the state. All his players get signed!! He will help you even if you are not on his team.

Other teams you might want to look into are Knoxville Thunder & Fred Fekete's Magic team. The Thunder has contacts with many collage coaches & they have been attending higher level Exposure tournaments these past few years. Fred's last name alone gets his Magic team into most any Exposure tournament he wants but the quality of his teams has diminished some over the past few years.

Good luck in your search!

IMO Thunder and Magic is not the best team in The Knox Area in 18A.... The White Lighting quailified for the 18A ASA Nationals last year...and didnt know it til reading this post looks like the Knox Eagles qualified also but not sure. Who does the Thunder have contacts with....and wich Thunder you talking about....The one Monday Coached the one Green Coached They both had numerous kids go to college...but I dont think either is coaching for the Thunder anymore...not 100% sure on that though.

IMO Thunder and Magic is not the best team in The Knox Area in 18A.... The White Lighting quailified for the 18A ASA Nationals last year...and didnt know it til reading this post looks like the Knox Eagles qualified also but not sure.

In 2008 I don't think Thunder had a team trying to qualify for 18A Nationals, but im not sure of that. White Lightning did qualify & play in the 18A Nationals. They finished tied for 97th place with 24 other teams out of 97 total teams. The Knox Lady Eagles (18u), Chattanooga Force (16u) & Knox Thunder 93 (14u) all won there berth to Nationals at the Memorial qualifier in Chattanooga.

Who does the Thunder have contacts with....and wich Thunder you talking about....The one Monday Coached the one Green Coached They both had numerous kids go to college...but I dont think either is coaching for the Thunder anymore...not 100% sure on that though.

I couldn't tell you 100% what collage coaches the Thunder have contacts with but the Weekly's have been to a few of there practices to evaluate players, offer insight / direction, which only broadened there contacts. And the Thunder-Sams team played Chattanooga Fury after UT's alumni game. The Thunder-Sams team or Thunder 93 team was actually the teams I was talking about. Both teams are well coached, qualified for Nationals & represented TN well this past year. Coach Green is still involved with the Thunder but I am unsure if he or Coach Monday will be coaching a team this coming year.

In 2008 I don't think Thunder had a team trying to qualify for 18A Nationals, but im not sure of that. White Lightning did qualify & play in the 18A Nationals. They finished tied for 97th place with 24 other teams out of 97 total teams. The Knox Lady Eagles (18u), Chattanooga Force (16u) & Knox Thunder 93 (14u) all won there berth to Nationals at the Memorial qualifier in Chattanooga.

I couldn't tell you 100% what collage coaches the Thunder have contacts with but the Weekly's have been to a few of there practices to evaluate players, offer insight / direction, which only broadened there contacts. And the Thunder-Sams team played Chattanooga Fury after UT's alumni game. The Thunder-Sams team or Thunder 93 team was actually the teams I was talking about. Both teams are well coached, qualified for Nationals & represented TN well this past year. Coach Green is still involved with the Thunder but I am unsure if he or Coach Monday will be coaching a team this coming year.

Who off a Thunder- Sams coached team has signed to play college...

Where did the Fury and Thunder-Sams theam qualify at?

Who off a Thunder- Sams coached team has signed to play college...

Where did the Fury and Thunder-Sams theam qualify at?

The 16 U Fury has qualified for the 2009 ASA 16U Championship in Sioux Falls, South Dakaota.

They qualified by winning the 16U ASA Southern Nationals in Florida! This past summer!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />