Pitcher,3rd base,LF,RF,1st Base

UC21FAN

Not sure where you got your information, but I can only guess that it was from Leonard's "Jethro Bodine math", but the Magic beat the Thunder 2 out of 3 times that they played in the '07 fall league at Eagleton. They did not play each other during the summer or fall of '08.

OK....let's get some good information on here.

Maryville League Fall '07:

9/8/07 Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (6) Maryville Magic - 18U (0)

9/29/07 Maryville Magic - 18U (2) Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (1)

Halloween Havoc Fall '07:

10/20/07 Maryville Magic 18U Defeated Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (score unknown)

Southeastern Exposure (Summer '08):

6/7/08 Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (2) Maryville Magic - 18U (1)

Not sure if Magic actually faced Thunder 18U during that time frame.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....let's get some good information on here.

Maryville League Fall '07:

9/8/07 Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (6) Maryville Magic - 18U (0)

9/29/07 Maryville Magic - 18U (2) Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (1)

Halloween Havoc Fall '07:

10/20/07 Maryville Magic 18U Defeated Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (score unknown)

Southeastern Exposure (Summer '08):

6/7/08 Knoxville Thunder - Sams 16U (2) Maryville Magic - 18U (1)

Not sure if Magic actually faced Thunder 18U during that time frame.

Thank you Statman3 for supplying the information.

Wow. I was told that I and my team was on this board. Kara ,this is Leonard Sams of the 17 under Thunder team.I know looking for a new team to play for sometimes is very diffficult. Players are told so much information about what teams they should or should not play for during the summer,and what age group they should play for 16yr old or 18yr old.Most players end up not knowing what to beleive because of all the negativity out there with teams talking about other teams ,mostly parents.The best way I think that you could find the best fit for you is to ask the teams you are interested in to come to a practice session with them or at lease talk with the coach with your parents.Know what the teams have done in the past and what they are planning on doing the next summer.Thunder,Magic,and White Lighting usually travel to 18 under college exposures tournaments.The college exposure tournaments are good but there were limited amount of coaches there.We used them last year to get ready for 16 under nationals where most major college coaches were at.Example, most college recruiting tournaments have around 30 college coaches at them and thats good,however at the 16 under nationals we averaged 20 or so college coaches every game.When we played the California 16 under state champs (so I was told later) there were 28 D-1 University coaches there at that one game not to mention the other college coaches. That one game helped Whitney Gilbert get signed as we won 3-0.I just think that the 16 under Nationals is a great place for all players to get noticed.Also, remember this is not a job,its to have FUN. You have your whole life to work so make sure you enjoy playing with the teams your with. Im sorry this became a board about Thunder, some things you cant help. If you or your parents want to talk about this please e-mail me at [email protected]

Sounds like a little jealousy towards Fred Fekete's Magic team.

You are correct that his name does get him into most exposure tournaments, but that has more to do with his longevity in going to these types of tournaments and the class that he and his team conducts themselves with. The other thing Fekete has is a pipeline to many, many college coaches. Just go to any exposure tournament and see how many college coaches come up to him just to say "hello". College coaches could care less about the winners and loosers in exposure tournaments. They want to see individual kids and how they compete against other players at the elite level.

Coach Fekete and Coach Moyer understand that and that is why they are successful in getting their players to the next level.

Before you ask, YES, I have had a daughter to play on the Magic team in the past. It just pains me when people make posts on ASSumptions and not for personal experience.

batboy1

You may be making ASSumptions or speaking from personal experiences but so am I. Take the chip off your shoulder. I have the upmost respect for Fred but the facts are there in plain sight.