Pitcher,3rd base,LF,RF,1st Base

UC21FAN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Knoxville Thunder 18 under teams did noy play either White Lighting or Maryville Majic teams this Summer.Doug Jones coached the 18 under and all but one of his kids signed. Some to UTC and ETSU just to name a few. Thunder Sams 16 under team played both Lighting and Maryville Majic 18under teams.Thunder 16 won both of though games from what I understand. Thunder-Sams 17Gold played 18 Fury Gold at UT Stadium and played to a 0-0 tie after 7 innings.

The Knoxville Lady Eagles 18A has played all the teams listed above except Jones Thunder.. I think The Fury is the best team.IMO. The Fury beat us last fall 3-2..(Waters Pitchedfor Fury & Kara pitched for Eagles) Eagles have beat the Magic,White lighting & Sams Thunder we have only played each team one time.....Dont say alot account teams change from year to year....and all the teams above on any givin day could beat one another....Its not about the name of a team IMO its about the girls getting seen and having a chance to play in College....Also and alot of people on here is going to disagree with me now but their is not a true GOLD team in East Tennessee..egos are to big to put together a gold team.....With that said Kara could be one of the best pitchers to play in the State if she keeps improving She very good now as a upcoming SO.

The Knoxville Lady Eagles 18A has played all the teams listed above except Jones Thunder.. I think The Fury is the best team.IMO. The Fury beat us last fall 3-2..(Waters Pitchedfor Fury & Kara pitched for Eagles) Eagles have beat the Magic,White lighting & Sams Thunder we have only played each team one time.....Dont say alot account teams change from year to year....and all the teams above on any givin day could beat one another....Its not about the name of a team IMO its about the girls getting seen and having a chance to play in College....Also and alot of people on here is going to disagree with me now but their is not a true GOLD team in East Tennessee..egos are to big to put together a gold team.....With that said Kara could be one of the best pitchers to play in the State if she keeps improving She very good now as a upcoming SO.

The egos part is sad but true! (KTA).

The egos part is sad but true! (KTA).

If I am not mistaken the Eagles lost another game this fall in Chattanooga like 5 or 6 -1 to Force I believe.

There are some pretty good teams in TN and yes I agree there is not a true gold team in TN. Some that can compete but not with the heavily populated warm weather city teams.

So you think Xplosion Gold is going to kick butt at 18U gold nationals? It is hard to even get close to qualifing. Gold is a whole other planet.

I never said anything about "kicking butt" at the Gold Nationals. I said they would compete. Someone else said Tn teams could not compete at the Gold Level. Don't put words in my mouth.

Kara needs to send her "resume" to all of the schools she would be willing to attend. Then she needs to enable herself to be seen every weekend by most or all of these schools. The only way to accomplish that is to play Gold. Find a Gold team that will be trying to qualify for Gold nationals. Gold qualifiers are better than exposure tournaments in this area. You would basically be playing in 'good" exposure tournaments "every" weekend. Make sure the team is committed to qualifying for nationals. At least 3-4 qualifiers and 1-2 exposure tournaments. IMO, it does not matter how good the team is........the schools are there to see you they are not looking to sign your team. Don't be "to shy" to promote yourself, it works.

Good luck.......

Kara needs to send her "resume" to all of the schools she would be willing to attend. Then she needs to enable herself to be seen every weekend by most or all of these schools. The only way to accomplish that is to play Gold. Find a Gold team that will be trying to qualify for Gold nationals. Gold qualifiers are better than exposure tournaments in this area. You would basically be playing in 'good" exposure tournaments "every" weekend. Make sure the team is committed to qualifying for nationals. At least 3-4 qualifiers and 1-2 exposure tournaments. IMO, it does not matter how good the team is........the schools are there to see you they are not looking to sign your team. Don't be "to shy" to promote yourself, it works.

Good luck.......

You want to get on a team that can play other top players. Coaches want to see you get a hit off a top pitcher or steal off of a catcher who has excellent pop times. They want to see you perform against others who are playing at the highest level. That is why the Fury or the Cruisers ( coached by Pruitt) may be a good choice. They can get their teams into the top two colorado tournaments ( fireworks or sparkler) , Champions cup , Batbuster and/or other top ones. Here are links to the top tournaments you will want to attend:

http://www. surfcitytourneys.com

www.ocbatbusters.com

www.teamnjsoftball.com

www.ronaldmcdonaldtournament.com

http://www. risingstarsevents.com/risefall

www.eliteshowcase.com

http://www.championscup.org/

You want to get on a team that can play other top players. Coaches want to see you get a hit off a top pitcher or steal off of a catcher who has excellent pop times. They want to see you perform against others who are playing at the highest level. That is why the Fury or the Cruisers ( coached by Pruitt) may be a good choice. They can get their teams into the top two colorado tournaments ( fireworks or sparkler) , Champions cup , Batbuster and/or other top ones. Here are links to the top tournaments you will want to attend:

http://www. surfcitytourneys.com

www.ocbatbusters.com

www.teamnjsoftball.com

www.ronaldmcdonaldtournament.com

http://www. risingstarsevents.com/risefall

www.eliteshowcase.com

http://www.championscup.org/

well I didnt get the link to work correctly but just type in the address...they are good