Cheatom Co.

Guest bigsports

Guest bigsports

Who is the new coach @ Ch. CO??

Whats his status/background

I know the team there had a tough year last year.

What can we expect from them in the comeing years?

Cheatham Co hired former Clarksville Academy standout player and coach Johnny Jackson. Coach Jackson comes from the Don Meyer system at Lipscomb so he has a great knowledge for the game of basketball. In a two months time, he has already worked some magic and done good things with them. They played really well at Belmont and Austin Peay Camps. Jackson has that program headed in the right direction, so with some support of the staff and parents they should be ok in the next few years. This could be a good year as well. He has a few young players that will be asked to lead a very patient offense. They're really mothocial on offense, so they'll try to use a lot of clock on the offense end. They'll shoot prolly 15-25 threes a game maybe more but thats mainly because they're best players are on the perimeter. They will zone and trap on offense to get lots of turnovers then slow it back down on offense..Cheatham Co will play with a lot of confidence and swagger, that will be a characteristic from their head coach though.

Look for Cheatham to improve on the 1 win season and win close to 10 ball games and be in all of them. They may take their beatings here and there or early but during tournament time they'll be a team to watch out for.

Posted by bigsports:

Who is the new coach @ Ch. CO??

Whats his status/background

I know the team there had a tough year last year.

What can we expect from them in the comeing years?

I agree Cheatham was much improved from last year. I saw them play the last 2 years @ belmont.

Yes, they beat Strateford but their best player wasnt even playing..Henry Harris..and trust me he would have made a big big difference in the outcome..But not to take away from Cheatham Co. Thats a start because strateford still has a good team without harris but he makes everything click.

If you would have read the post carefully, you would have notice that I said that since Coach Jackson has arrived he will have his players playing with more confidence and a lil swagger..The swagger is because thats how he played and how he now coaches so obiviously his personality will rubb off on the players..Theres nothing wrong with believing they can win especially when you've been through some of the things that program has. I think its great for Cheatham Co, they arent the most talented but beleiving you can WIN is a great start for a program like that.