Manassas Basketball

Legend

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to tell me about Buckner. I have played him. He is huge, quick, and will send your shot into the top row. He is quite good at dunking on, over, and through people as well. He dunked on me and jumped over a 6 foot tall guard on our team last year and didn't even touch him. Idk if he is the best in the state, but he is certainly the best i have seen and played.

For those of us in NW Tennessee that don't venture into Memphis to watch basketball games all that often there is an opportunity to catch this kid in action...The Manassas Tigers will play Hopkinsville, KY. in the First Bank Shootout at The Eagles Nest on the campus of Graves County High School...It's an easy place to get to...It's right off the Purchase Parkway, you can see it from the road....It's about 35 minutes north of Union City....Huge gym, plenty of parking....

The game is Friday Dec.12th @ 7:00 p.m.

Briarcrest will play @ 8:30 p.m. the same night against Daviess County, KY....

Wish I could make it but I have a prior engagement in Troy that night.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

http://www.gravescountyeagles.net/index.ph...&news_id=85

Take it from someone who knows a little about the Graves gym and school: Purple's right. Get there if you can. Stay for the whole event in fact. Two days of pretty good basketball, but certainly get there to watch Manassas. And, come down and say "Hi!" to me. I'll be the big, tall guy with the camera.

Take it from someone who knows a little about the Graves gym and school: Purple's right. Get there if you can. Stay for the whole event in fact. Two days of pretty good basketball, but certainly get there to watch Manassas. And, come down and say "Hi!" to me. I'll be the big, tall guy with the camera.

Is the Graves County Gym as impressive as the one at Marshall County?

Is the Graves County Gym as impressive as the one at Marshall County?

Graves people will tell you flat out, YES!!....Marshall people will tell you, well the Eagles Nest has never been featured as one of the premier places to watch high school basketball in the United States by the USA Today....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/baske...ops-other_x.htm

Both gyms are about the same size..The Eagles Nest is a few years newer..It wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles Nest is a little bit larger just because Graves wanted something bigger than Marshall..They are bitter rivals..Both schools have an enrollment of up around 1700 kids...I've heard the Eagles Nest referred to as "The Taj Mahal" by people up there..

I work in Mayfield, KY and have co-workers that are supporters of both schools AND Mayfield so I hear how great everything is up in Kentucky ALL THE TIME....

The Eagles Nest has a big "jumbo-tron" that they tried to use to show replays and such but the KHSSA shut that down saying that wasn't a real good thing for the refs....

Legend,

what does the rest of manassas look like?

everyone knows about Buckner but whats the rest of the starting roster?

and their class?

There's a little about them on page 1 of this post..I saw that Manassas beat Carver ,I believe by 1 point..Melrose had beaten that same Carver team by 15 points or a little more...Going to be a tough job for a Single A team to maybe beat Manassas..but Humboldt does have the size to match up with them from what I saw on their roser..!

There's a little about them on page 1 of this post..I saw that Manassas beat Carver ,I believe by 1 point..Melrose had beaten that same Carver team by 15 points or a little more...Going to be a tough job for a Single A team to maybe beat Manassas..but Humboldt does have the size to match up with them from what I saw on their roser..!

size maybe but not the talent!!!!