Manassas Basketball

Legend

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manassas nor Humboldt will go undefeated. Manassas won't go undefeated because they play in Memphis. Humboldt won't go undefeated because Lake Co. will get them atlest once and also their coaching isn't good enough to do what Union City did.

Even though you say Humboldt coaching is not that good, I still think one of them will go un-defeated. I do agree that the game with Lake county tuesday will determine if they have a shot at going un-defeated. Manassas still has some big tournaments to play in but looking at their schedule, I don't think a Memphis team will beat them. G.W. Carver might have a chance since the last game went to the wire.

What is the purpose of argueing about last years game, this is a new year and whether Manassas is better than Humboldt will be settled on the court. Everybody is talking about what the other is going to do( as fans) but the players are the ones that will play the game. Who knows what will happen but anything can happen on any given night with that said, let's not talk about the players on either team. I think this season is going to be a very interesting year, either Manassas or Humboldt will go undefeated this year & win the gold ball.( MARK MY WORDS)

If someone going undefeated its Humboldt!!! Manassas will not go undefeated with that schedule!!! Humboldt schedule very soft!!!

Even though you say Humboldt coaching is not that good, I still think one of them will go un-defeated. I do agree that the game with Lake county tuesday will determine if they have a shot at going un-defeated. Manassas still has some big tournaments to play in but looking at their schedule, I don't think a Memphis team will beat them. G.W. Carver might have a chance since the last game went to the wire.

Manassas got Ridgeway, Hamilton, Craigmont and Play 3 BIG out of town games!!!!

you really have nothing better to do than to talk trash on the internet do you?

what a loser

thats why youre riding Buckner as long as you can

because after him you will have no sense of accomplishment

youre just another memphis high school graduate (if that)

to make a complete waste of your life

so you try to make yourself feel better by talking on the internet

how pathetic

1st thing I'm not taking a shot at those kids I'm taking shots at the dummies!!! 2nd thing I'm a fan saying my team is better than yours!!! 3rd thing stuff you say sounds dumb!!!! Last U not the 1st or the last person who will have a problem with me on here!!!! lol!!!

If someone going undefeated its Humboldt!!! Manassas will not go undefeated with that schedule!!! Humboldt schedule very soft!!!

Manassas got Ridgeway, Hamilton, Craigmont and Play 3 BIG out of town games!!!!

That's exactly what I was getting at with him. Playing in Memphis every night and in rural West TN is 2 different levels of play. I don't even think Humboldt will go undefeated. Someone will catch them on a bad night.

A GOOD rural West TN team, such as last years DC team or last years UC team would come out of Memphis with alot more losses than what they received.

People figure "Oh, Ridgeway (or Craigmont or Hamilton) is down this year they, ain't going back to state, they ain't no good" but yet those teams are ALOT better than people think and most of those Memphis teams would destroy rural West TN teams. Not too often does rural West TN see a team the caliber of last year's Ridgeway team or this year's Briarcrest and White Station teams.

Yes, Humboldt is good this year, but let them play a weekend tournament down in Memphis against the better Memphis teams and I'll bet they'll be asking Coach Boykins to get them back to Humboldt quickly.

A GOOD rural West TN team, such as last years DC team or last years UC team would come out of Memphis with alot more losses than what they received.

People figure "Oh, Ridgeway (or Craigmont or Hamilton) is down this year they, ain't going back to state, they ain't no good" but yet those teams are ALOT better than people think and most of those Memphis teams would destroy rural West TN teams. Not too often does rural West TN see a team the caliber of last year's Ridgeway team or this year's Briarcrest and White Station teams.

Yes, Humboldt is good this year, but let them play a weekend tournament down in Memphis against the better Memphis teams and I'll bet they'll be asking Coach Boykins to get them back to Humboldt quickly.

GC I totally agree. You can catch an average team like Oakhaven or Kingsbury or Whitehaven that will run you out of the gym if you're not ready. Their is good basketball being played all over the state, but sometimes when I'm at the state tourney and I read the media guide I see records like 35-1, and then actually see the teams play. I'm puzzled to the point like who did they beat to get here...nobody

GC I totally agree. You can catch an average team like Oakhaven or Kingsbury or Whitehaven that will run you out of the gym if you're not ready. Their is good basketball being played all over the state, but sometimes when I'm at the state tourney and I read the media guide I see records like 35-1, and then actually see the teams play. I'm puzzled to the point like who did they beat to get here...nobody

I've learned that over the years as I've watched. Your second sentence is what I was trying to get at. That also shows why Memphis wins alot at the state tournaments. State is normally a cakewalk for some of the Memphis teams. For instance, I was at state last year watching the Ridgeway/White Station game. Some guy told me they were not far from each other at all and were in the same Region and that was like the 4th or 5th time they had played each last season and then they play each other for a state championship. Single A, Manassas steam rolled to the finals until they played UC. AA, Mitchell cruised to the finals to get beaten by a more disciplined Knox Fulton team that was loaded with players.

I've learned that over the years as I've watched. Your second sentence is what I was trying to get at. That also shows why Memphis wins alot at the state tournaments. State is normally a cakewalk for some of the Memphis teams. For instance, I was at state last year watching the Ridgeway/White Station game. Some guy told me they were not far from each other at all and were in the same Region and that was like the 4th or 5th time they had played each last season and then they play each other for a state championship. Single A, Manassas steam rolled to the finals until they played UC. AA, Mitchell cruised to the finals to get beaten by a more disciplined Knox Fulton team that was loaded with players.

Yep about 8 minutes apart...

Guest snakedriver

You just might be surprised of his knowledge of basketball if you actually knew who he was. That, itself, has prevented me from arguing with Legend, lol.

Well Im sure there are alot of peeps from Memphis who "know" Bball but are still idiot thugs.....legend sounds like one of those to me.....just my opinion though.......

Well Im sure there are alot of peeps from Memphis who "know" Bball but are still idiot thugs.....legend sounds like one of those to me.....just my opinion though.......

Nah...Legend isn't bad...gotta understand when he got on here touting Mannassas last year he was slammed all the time. Heck for I while there I even thought he might be a little loco /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....then I saw them play /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Should have read some of the UC/Manassas threads last year....WHOA!!!!!!!!!