Players who play like Ben Wallace

Hey Guru... I don't mean to offend anyone, but your statement about Ben Wallace being lucky is comical at best. Just because Ben Wallace is not an offensive person doesn't mean he isn't valuable. Could the Bulls have won three of six championships without Dennis Rodman, even though I don't care for him? My point is, you must get in a program and learn your "ROLE". Good teams play offensive. Championship teams have role players that know their role and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the team. Ben wallace knows his limitations and is great at what detroit needs him to do.

Hey Stokmo, I gave you a good mark for that post..That is so right, sometimes people get caught up in the stars and dont realize that every good championship caliber team must have "Role" players that arent always gonna score that many points. Look at the Lakers, they have two stars but they have Robert Horry, Derek Fisher that take up the slack and knock down the open shots.

Ben Wallace didnt have a lucky season, for crying out loud he only averaged 7 points a game but he average 13 points. It doesnt take talent to rebound it takes DESIRE and Will Power. I'm sure he wont average 13 rebounds again just because other teams will focus and try to do a better job of boxing him out but he'll be right up there again..I say that and realize sometimes when you put your mind to things theres just no stoping some people. Look at Dennis Rodman who game after game went out and grab 10-15 boards a night and people knew he was only out there to rebound and bring energy. Ben Wallace does a good job of bringing energy to a team that lacks that "SUPERSTAR" most other teams have.

Not only does he rebound, but he's one of the best at throwing people's shots all over the gym, and if not that, he at least alters shots and makes people think twice about driving to the hole. He plays as hard as anyone, so I guess a better question would be:"Who wouldn't want to play like Ben Wallace?"

Oliver Springs had a kid named White a few years ago that epitomized a WARRIOR spirit. OS won 30 something games that year and he was the unsung hero of many. He was around 6/1, but he absolutely dominated the glass. He was a master of leverage and positioning, and he got more over the back calls then should be allowed. He guarded guys twice his size and still got his share of swats. And he loved breaking a team's heart with a timely three. He was not one of the guys who got all the press, but he definitely was the leader .......

Thanks for the gesture and one good vote back at ya. I just wish some people would realize that it doesn't matter how many points someone scores or who the STAR player is. Almost every year, I have the top players from east TN. Some players I pick up at 8th or 9th grade because I se the potential in them and let them play 16's & 17's. The one thing that I do is implement team ball and defense. I have had 4-5 players average double figures every year. Three of those years, including this year, I had six average souble figures. That means someone is coming off the bench and scoring double figures. The point I'm making is that our defense creates a lot of points and it's not the STAR player scoring 25-30 points every game.

It is great to have guys like Ben Wallace on a team, because they do their job and let you do yours.

Like in football, sometimes you don't want that flashly fullback who can run a 4.6 and bench 300...you want the guy that will hit someone in the face and get the job done, he might not score a touchdown or be an offensive threat, but he picks up his blocks, and knows the plays and is always a threat, even if it is a small one.