Unaka Vs. Cosby

creekerballer

Jordan's a great kid, and if he decides to come back to basketball or not, he'll do great in whatever it is he decides to do... Who knows, maybe he can go to collage playing on the diamond one day... Same thing worked for Chad Lewis a few years back.

I know the family well particularly his mother, and according to them, sports is just something to do between 3 and bedtime. They constantly remind people that studying is what is gonna get Jordan and most athletes around HERE places, and he does make great grades; his parents are both teachers, dad a principal, so Jordan knows the priorites in life. As the commercial with NCAA says, we are athletes who will be professionals in something else one day....how true. Kids need to know that the school business is the first business. They also need to know how to act. Jordans parents have done an excellent job in that area as well. He is a tremedous kid.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the family well particularly his mother, and according to them, sports is just something to do between 3 and bedtime. They constantly remind people that studying is what is gonna get Jordan and most athletes around HERE places, and he does make great grades; his parents are both teachers, dad a principal, so Jordan knows the priorites in life. As the commercial with NCAA says, we are athletes who will be professionals in something else one day....how true. Kids need to know that the school business is the first business. They also need to know how to act. Jordans parents have done an excellent job in that area as well. He is a tremedous kid.

This is so true. If every parent could comprehend this, athletes and schools would be so much better as a whole. Quitting is not the answer, but if it is to work on academics, then so be it for whoever decides to do so. A good education will take many people in Carter Co. farther than athletics does. Very few move on to do something else in athletics, particularly at Unaka (Aaron Dugger, Chad Lewis, Rusty Chambers, John Minton, Mike Ensor, Donald Ensor, Eddie Holly, and I'm sure there are others not mentioned).

Whatever Jordans reason for quitting was I am sure it was thought about in the best manner for his benefit.. I had the opportunity of coaching Jordan coming up through 8th grade baseball and not only is he a good kid but has a very good family and is a very respectable student as well.

I think the more Jordan works on whatever he think's will best benefit him he will have no problem at succeeding.

You gotta look at it this way and this is coming from being in the same situation when playing for coach Ensor at a young age as a Freshman and Sophmore.. There is going to be so many things go through your head when adversity hits you luckily I was thrown into the fire early so I could see what was in store in the long run.

There was times being at that age of kids like Jordan and Dylan that I had so many things going through my head from transferring to quitting that it had me pretty much tore up. Luckily I had 3 good coaches that pushed me every day and I realized that it was not only to make me a better player but a better person.

Thanks to them the first thing I always stress to the kids I coach @ the Junior High is adversity, And just letting them know that things are going to be tough having that be in athletics or in life and regardless you are going to have to face it sooner or later.

But like I said previously I know that Jordan and Dylan are not only both good athletes but great kids as well and hope for the best in whatever they do and hope that both of them come back and play because they both have the ability to make each team better in the future.

Coach RC