4A Dream Team

Shortstop15

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the thread get back on track. Please refer back to my original disclaimer of subjectivity and statement of limited perspective in making dream team picks. Let's keep it real.

Responding to the quarterback conversation and my statement about not seeing a lot of great talent in 4A this year.... Admittedly my perspective here is skewed. We currently have 4 QB alums playing college ball so to say we are spoiled at Maryville is to admit the obvious. That said, I didn't see much QB play at that caliber this year. In fact, Reese Browning at Farragut (5A) in August scrimmage was the only one I can think of. Knox West has probably been the program on our end of the state that has emerged the past 3-4 years as a QB developer in 4A. Kier Houson (Powell)has been mentioned. He is very athletic, but when our linebackers denied him the corner and made him one dimensional - the numbers speak for themselves.

As far as the NET QB's mentioned....sorry Greenville's was hurt by the time we played in the semis. Can't speak to that one. A general word about the others. While the playoffs alone should not dictate placing on these mythic teams, it does give a more trustworthy perspective about caliber of competition. Marvyille could have filled the record book with player accomplishments in the last decade, but chose instead to go the player development route when games have already been decided. All I'm saying is that stats have to get balanced by level of competition and the nature of the platform the game is played on. That is an imprecise thing, but it has to be in the equation.

Everybody only played the first half until playoffs...including Davenport, Kitzmiller, and Fletcher. So find another reason.

Mr. Football 4A back, Gatorade-ESPN Rise TN State Player of the Year, Offensive MVP East-West game, offers from Florida(solid verbal commitment), Alabama, Tennessee, Miami, Michigan, Ga. Tech, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Stanford, Duke,4.0 GPA and hopefully you get the idea. I'm not taking anything away from these other QB's because they are good. However, they aren't in the same league athletically as Teague. I know everyone loves their player but come on guys lets be real!

I agree. He only played in the first half of most games and he had to share the ball with 2 runnin backs.

Agreed, and they are both D-1 RB's. One is going to LSU & the other is JR. that has already been contacted by Clemson & Missouri.

Mr. Football 4A back, Gatorade-ESPN Rise TN State Player of the Year, Offensive MVP East-West game, offers from Florida(solid verbal commitment), Alabama, Tennessee, Miami, Michigan, Ga. Tech, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Stanford, Duke,4.0 GPA and hopefully you get the idea. I'm not taking anything away from these other QB's because they are good. However, they aren't in the same league athletically as Teague. I know everyone loves their player but come on guys lets be real!

Agreed, and they are both D-1 RB's. One is going to LSU & the other is JR. that has already been contacted by Clemson & Missouri.

I would never deny the legitimacy of Teague. I studied his form on the YouTube clips at length. Yes, much different from watching him in person...especially probably the speed. In fact, no one can ignore Teague. I was merely saying that here in NET we don't get much attention and our coach also used second half game time to develop underclassmen and we still rolled up 50ish points. I don't feel Henry County's conference is any more demanding than Region I. However, I will concede that Davenport did not look "DI" in the east/west game. He is however, one of the top 5 QB's in the state. Many will agree that, for example, if Curt Phillips were a Nashville QB he would have gone to an SEC school. West TN may not get the attention that Middle TN does but it's close. Good coaches can change these preconcieved notions but it takes time and consistant trips to the high levels of state playoff competition. A few more years and we will be a household name.

Please explain how Fillers shouldn't be in the same breath as kitzmiller? People from your own school nominated him not me......he had 118 yards and 3 TD's alone against South. He finished the year with 751 yards on 48 receptions and 14 Td's. I played against Both Kitzmiller brothers and there both good but Fillers is just as good if not better than both.

simply because kitz had 958 and no disrespect im just sayin 958 is is 207 yards better and personally i dont think you can say they are better maybe as good but not better

simply because kitz had 958 and no disrespect im just sayin 958 is is 207 yards better and personally i dont think you can say they are better maybe as good but not better

Kitz also had 10 more receptions than Fillers not to mention when Greeneville lost Greenway we stopped throwing the ball half as much. Everyone knew that Hall wasn't a QB bust just an Athlete, who had shoulder problems and could barely throw the ball 10 yards. Fillers also didn't play 2 games because of a High Ankle sprain and the Catches he made against South in the Quarter Finals in the back of the endzone when everyone in the stands knew thats were the ball was going is why i believe he is better than Kitz. You say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath in you first post and now you say he maybe is as good?

Kitz also had 10 more receptions than Fillers not to mention when Greeneville lost Greenway we stopped throwing the ball half as much. Everyone knew that Hall wasn't a QB bust just an Athlete, who had shoulder problems and could barely throw the ball 10 yards. Fillers also didn't play 2 games because of a High Ankle sprain and the Catches he made against South in the Quarter Finals in the back of the endzone when everyone in the stands knew thats were the ball was going is why i believe he is better than Kitz. You say he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath in you first post and now you say he maybe is as good?

Not my debate Ryan but KK made those kinds of catches all year. At least one per game. His signature catch...and Bradley's signature throw is straight up over the head. He is the master of it. Personally, I think Fillers is a fine WR and your thought on him loosing out when Jordan left is well taken.

Which do you value more the coaches poll or the AP.

Agree with you on the playoffs, but would argue that

nothing is going to change until NET gets to state.

Being among the top QBs in TN means virtually nothing.

Tennessee is not known as a great QB or DI state

for high school athletes.

Curt Phillips had the choice of playing in the SEC and

chose Wisconsin. He got plently of recognition, and

most of the awards mean almost nothing. Most of the

people voting across the state have never seen the

athletes they vote for.

College scouts find the athletes -- wherever they are.

I would never deny the legitimacy of Teague. I studied his form on the YouTube clips at length. Yes, much different from watching him in person...especially probably the speed. In fact, no one can ignore Teague. I was merely saying that here in NET we don't get much attention and our coach also used second half game time to develop underclassmen and we still rolled up 50ish points. I don't feel Henry County's conference is any more demanding than Region I. However, I will concede that Davenport did not look "DI" in the east/west game. He is however, one of the top 5 QB's in the state. Many will agree that, for example, if Curt Phillips were a Nashville QB he would have gone to an SEC school. West TN may not get the attention that Middle TN does but it's close. Good coaches can change these preconcieved notions but it takes time and consistant trips to the high levels of state playoff competition. A few more years and we will be a household name.

Not my debate Ryan but KK made those kinds of catches all year. At least one per game. His signature catch...and Bradley's signature throw is straight up over the head. He is the master of it. Personally, I think Fillers is a fine WR and your thought on him loosing out when Jordan left is well taken.

Which do you value more the coaches poll or the AP.

My point was that when the games is on the line he comes up big and deserves to be all-state. I know Kitzmiller is a great WR because i covered him some last year when he played Greeneville and covered his brother when i was a sophmore. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but to say he should be in the same breath as Kitz isn't true. To be ownest i value the coaches poll more than the AP just because the AP is all about politics like most things associated with the press.