best players in middle tennessee

jaydem57

Other than the Clarksville NE game you are spot on about this LA team. I really think that first game was the closest this team has come to playing to their potential. Don't get me wrong, they are very good and have had their moments, but like you said, inconsistent. JMO. I also think they will get it together and when they do.......The skies the limit for this crew!

Sorry to get off topic!

Yes. I forgot about the Clarksville NE game. They played extremely well that night. Played like a potential championship team. But ever since, its been good quarter bad quarter and so on. But I completly agree that they will get it together really soon and I dont think there will be anyone on our schedule that will be able to slow them down. Cant wait for that. Hopefully they'll get it together and not be to tired Saturday at Ensworth. Heard they got some good players out that way. Hopefully it'll be a good one. After this Saturday the Clarksville game @ Cookeville the 18th is possibly the only challenge that lay ahead of our team. With the exception of the Florida tournament and maybe the upperman rivalry.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I forgot about the Clarksville NE game. They played extremely well that night. Played like a potential championship team. But ever since, its been good quarter bad quarter and so on. But I completly agree that they will get it together really soon and I dont think there will be anyone on our schedule that will be able to slow them down. Cant wait for that. Hopefully they'll get it together and not be to tired Saturday at Ensworth. Heard they got some good players out that way. Hopefully it'll be a good one. After this Saturday the Clarksville game @ Cookeville the 18th is possibly the only challenge that lay ahead of our team. With the exception of the Florida tournament and maybe the upperman rivalry.

I've watched basketball for about 25 years and I have found that inconsistency is part of the package especially with teenage kids. No team is going to play well every night. It just doesn't happen. Maybe in Livingston's case they lose a little focus once they get the big leads. Kids will try to do things they wouldn't do if the game was close. Just a thought. I do know playing "up to your potential" every night just isn't possible no matter how good or bad the team might be.

I've watched basketball for about 25 years and I have found that inconsistency is part of the package especially with teenage kids. No team is going to play well every night. It just doesn't happen. Maybe in Livingston's case they lose a little focus once they get the big leads. Kids will try to do things they wouldn't do if the game was close. Just a thought. I do know playing "up to your potential" every night just isn't possible no matter how good or bad the team might be.

Do you have a theory as to why LA has had an explosive 3rd quarter in almost all of their games this year?

There are many of us who have been around the game 25, 30+ years. While I agree that inconsistency is part of the package as you put it, there is no way that this team has come close to playing "up to their potential" except once and that was the HOF game with North East. Dunn (which by the way I love this kid) is playing with "senioritis" or something, but he's not playing to what I have been accustomed to seeing the previous three seasons. Ramsey should be tearing people up but hasn't. Peterman has stepped up his game, I'll give him that. West has been a "no show" much of the early season offensively and has not been the defensive machine he was a year ago. T.J. Smith is lighting up the open jumpers but seems skiddish to take to the hole, and you can't find him on the defensive end. Poston, Jackson, both Meltons, Key (freshman), Wilson are doing well off the the bench. But this team is a far cry from where it could or even should be. Not trying to be a downer here but I see much more than whats lying on the surface at this point in the season. We are no where near tournament ready. This team can play "up to their potential" more than they are doing.