Worst Gym Setup

ttubandit

I agree that Unaka is not set up real well but you must have never played at Cloudland! That gym up there makes Unaka look like Thompson Bowling Arena!!

I agree, Cloudland is a horrible place to play. There is only one side of seats so fans from rival teams are right beside each other and it always seems like its about 110 degrees in there by the time the varsity games start and if your not there by the time the boys jv game is over you will be standing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHEATHAM COUNTY SUPER SMALL..

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Cheatham County's got balcony seating on 2 sides plus seating on the floor. If anything the big stage behind one goal makes it seem like the goal is out in space. I wouldn't characterize their gym as small.

Dickson County is awful. A gym where the players can only sit on the first row of bleachers and there is no bench is terrible. Also all of the seats for fans are way above the court which makes it difficult to watch the game

Shoot! I like Dickson County's gym too. I think it's neat the way they hang their advertising from the rafters and there is seating on the floor on the home side as I recall. I like some of those types of nuances that make a gym unique. It's the baseline against the wall and inadequate seating that gets me. The old Harpeth High which is now Harpeth Middle has seating on one side and most of it is balcony level. It's an awful place to watch a basketball game and then..........they repeat the design at Sycamore Middle and then...........they hire the same dang architects to build the Harpeth and Sycamore gyms and they're inadequate. In those cases, it's clearly a design problem.

Dickson County is awful. A gym where the players can only sit on the first row of bleachers and there is no bench is terrible. Also all of the seats for fans are way above the court which makes it difficult to watch the game

umm i dont think dickson county basketball setup is horrible yea players got to sit on the 1st row of bleachers y have a bench for that gets in the way of the fans watching the game.. players cant stand up and play around they play ball wit class. and as far as bleachers go you can sit anywhere in the room and have a great veiw of the game.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Cheatham County's got balcony seating on 2 sides plus seating on the floor. If anything the big stage behind one goal makes it seem like the goal is out in space. I wouldn't characterize their gym as small.

nad not only is it small for basketball it is small for wrestling to 2 or 3 years ago they held region 9 wreslting tourny there and think about 9-11 wrestling teams and the fans all trying to sit in that lil gym and the wrestling mats there were only like four three on the court and one in the very back where the stage is i believe...

Has Cheatham County ever seating on the floor? The last time I went there (which was a long time ago) they didn't. I don't remember their gym as being small.

I don't really care for gyms that have only balcony seating. A good example is Greenbrier.

I have to second the notion on Walker Valley's gym. It's big and seems to have a good set up, but when you cram up all those people in there, there really isn't alot of space. The visitors' side is very small and you could tell because I believe Cleveland's student section just seemed to pour out onto the court. For a school as big as Walker Valley you would think they would have alot of space or at least the space would be very well organized.

MLK has the worst gym that I've ever been in. Horrible seating arrangement and locker room placement, not to mention the lights that have to be damaging to anyone's eyes.

Unless things have changed in 8 years. which i doubt they have a really nice set up. Maybe your team always loses there and thats why you don't like it.