Alcoa 2009

BCsportsfan

Alcoa will be playing under the new expanded Z plan, playing 2A regular season and 3A during play-off's.

Alcoa's region will look different, no longer playing Wartburg Central, Oliver Springs, and Sweetwater. The schedule for region teams will add Stone Memorial, Scott Co. Teams remaining in the same region will be Loudon, and CAK.

That give's Alcoa 5 teams within region. Alcoa has scheduled Maryville, Fulton and McMinn Central for out of region games. Two more game need to be scheduled. Rumors have been Knox Catholic and/or Bell co, KY???

Anyone got more info. on schedule possibilities?

Biggest shoes to fill:

IMO, Sam Thompson WR position. I hope that Isom can make big strides for next season.

QB position. I feel Tallent and Sharp compete hard for this position.

Kicker and punter: ??????? Big hole there to fill.

What's everyone's thought?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa will be playing under the new expanded Z plan, playing 2A regular season and 3A during play-off's.

Alcoa's region will look different, no longer playing Wartburg Central, Oliver Springs, and Sweetwater. The schedule for region teams will add Stone Memorial, Scott Co. Teams remaining in the same region will be Loudon, and CAK.

That give's Alcoa 5 teams within region. Alcoa has scheduled Maryville, Fulton and McMinn Central for out of region games. Two more game need to be scheduled. Rumors have been Knox Catholic and/or Bell co, KY???

Anyone got more info. on schedule possibilities?

Biggest shoes to fill:

IMO, Sam Thompson WR position. I hope that Isom can make big strides for next season.

QB position. I feel Tallent and Sharp compete hard for this position.

Kicker and punter: ??????? Big hole there to fill.

What's everyone's thought?

Isom , IMO will be just fine as a shoe in for WR. He has shown great improvent this year and still has 2 more years to come to full potential.

As For whos gonna be behind center, Tallant is great, he truly is , he also , as you could see friday , would be great for us on Defense. Sharp is a great kid, determined, hard worker and work ethic second to none. This will come down to whoever wants it more. Both will do great things for our prgram in coming years.

Kicker and Punting positions, shewww, we got a long ways to go working with roberto. Brodus will be a great loss for his senior season. This is really up in the air for now

Our Offensive and Defensive lines will be in good shape, returning veterans such as Jr's Marsh, Hopky, Walden, KErr, Burchfield and then Sophmores Evans and Stephens will also be returning.

In the backfield we will still be covered when we have Jaron Toney, Herbert, Hambrick, Tyson and Warren back in for their Junior and senior years, with the lone exception of Vee Hambrick , who will be a sophomore.

Of course atTE we will be returning the 6'4 240lb manchild , Mr Football Winner Tyler Robinson , who has one of the greatest sets of hands any of he coaches have ever seen at Alcoa.

This next year wont be a time for the F5 to rebuild, just reload /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Isom , IMO will be just fine as a shoe in for WR. He has shown great improvent this year and still has 2 more years to come to full potential.

As For whos gonna be behind center, Tallant is great, he truly is , he also , as you could see friday , would be great for us on Defense. Sharp is a great kid, determined, hard worker and work ethic second to none. This will come down to whoever wants it more. Both will do great things for our prgram in coming years.

Kicker and Punting positions, shewww, we got a long ways to go working with roberto. Brodus will be a great loss for his senior season. This is really up in the air for now

Our Offensive and Defensive lines will be in good shape, returning veterans such as Jr's Marsh, Hopky, Walden, KErr, Burchfield and then Sophmores Evans and Stephens will also be returning.

In the backfield we will still be covered when we have Jaron Toney, Herbert, Hambrick, Tyson and Warren back in for their Junior and senior years, with the lone exception of Vee Hambrick , who will be a sophomore.

Of course atTE we will be returning the 6'4 240lb manchild , Mr Football Winner Tyler Robinson , who has one of the greatest sets of hands any of he coaches have ever seen at Alcoa.

This next year wont be a time for the F5 to rebuild, just reload /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

iF i KNOW THE COACHING STAFF , THEY GOT SOMEONE IN MIND TO FILL THE KICKING DUTIES ALREADY .

A closer look at the OL shows four of five starters returning: 15-game starters Walden, Evans, and Marsh return. Hopkey returns after sharing starts at tackle with Hickman. Marsh may move to center to fill the loss of Miles. If not, look for JT Rankin to step in at center. I think Magnum or Stevens will step up at guard. Burchfield will be the answer if these two cannot assume the duty. Otherwise, I think Burchfield will be reserved for DT duty only.

Kerr is the lone returning starter at DT. Burchfield who rotated in at DT will be back and should be ready to assume a starting role immediately. Others that could see time or start at DT include Evans and Walden. Of course, Robinson returns at DE and should be joined by Warren on the opposite side.

Bottom line: Both O and D lines will be very large, well experienced, and highly mobile once again! Not to mention another whole year of strength training to even bigger, faster, and stronger. Can't wait!

Bottom line: Both O and D lines will be very large, well experienced, and highly mobile once again! Not to mention another whole year of strength training to even bigger, faster, and stronger. Can't wait!

Got'a love that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What other WR's might see major playing time next year?

I would look for Jared Jett(#24) a tall guy with enough speed, Brendan Rudd(#17)also a quality athelete and Daniel Rockymore(#25) a fairly speedy guy as the the front runners for the #2 reciever spot. A rising sophmore Chaz Vesser(#10) could be in the rotaion, he is not very large but is built well with sure hands and he moves well. With the log jam at the running posistion you may see Hambrick split out wide on a few occasions so that they can get the ball to a very good athelete in the open space similar to how the Saints and USC have used Reggie Bush. If Austin Talent is not at QB I would consider him playing out wide again to get the best atheletes on the field. But with this many players that are pretty equal to each other in talent level we may see a more diverse passing game next season.

What other WR's might see major playing time next year?

This is kind of funny that this question was put on here because I had just asked the wr coach harris who are some the kids he thought may crack the wr rotation. He said he had a couple of players who were pretty much givens and could step out on the field at anytime and be fine and they are tyler robinson at TE, steven isom and daniel robinson. After that he said its going to come down to daniel rockymore, who he said probably had the best last 3 weeks of practice than any wr on the team. Then brenden rudd, jared jett, chaz vesser and jon roy were also names that were mentioned. He then said the one guy who needs to be watched closly is Fr Lejuan Warfield who he said could be better than all the previous names mentioned(exc. Tyler Robinson) and has more physical ability at that age than any other wr hes coached including lanxter, sommer and thompson, which is kinda scary. I also heard a rumor from Darrall Warren (kind of reminds you of another warren) that he may be headed to TE to give alcoa a nice 1-2 TE punch.

As far as the backfield goes, I have really heard that the qb position will mostly be a battle between tallant and another soph tyler hartley, who has been said by qb coach paul talley to throw a better ball than any qb on alcoas roster, including james. Although I believe sharpe will get a fair chance to win the job I expect tallant to start and hartley to be backing him when the season starts. The TB Jaron Toney is back after another great year and with the strides he has made from year to year I would expect to see something special. He will be backed up by another special TB vee hambrick who will remind a lot of people of shiverdecker with the way he cuts and makes people miss. Taharin Tyson will be back at Fb for alcoa after running through and around defenders for close 900 yards as a soph. He will also continue to get better. I expect both toney and tyson to hit 1,000 yards with hamrick not being far behind.

As with any good team, it will all start up front and alcoa returns a load of players who started and played on the offensive line this past season. Starters returning are marsh, walden, hopkey and evans. Then you can add in guys like burchfield, rankin and caleb mangum who all received a significant amount of playing time this season. They will be very good up front again.

As far as alcoas defense goes I think the two obvious players you have to replace are thompson and hickman. Coach Nix said in the paper that hickman was the most dominant D-Lineman hes ever coached. Thompson was just that steady hand you could count on game in and game out. One wild card with the defense could be tyler mcglothlin who was very active in practices and jv games. He had to sit out last season as a transfer. Hes a DT who goes about 6'3 215-220 pounds and he won the line 40 yd dash at the jamboree this past year.

I think alcoa will be in a great position to do some good things next season. They have a number of good players coming back mixed in the with a great coaching staff. they should be hard to beat if they continue to put in the work that past alcoa teams have and theres no doubt in my mind they will do that.

This is kind of funny that this question was put on here because I had just asked the wr coach harris who are some the kids he thought may crack the wr rotation. He said he had a couple of players who were pretty much givens and could step out on the field at anytime and be fine and they are tyler robinson at TE, steven isom and daniel robinson. After that he said its going to come down to daniel rockymore, who he said probably had the best last 3 weeks of practice than any wr on the team. Then brenden rudd, jared jett, chaz vesser and jon roy were also names that were mentioned. He then said the one guy who needs to be watched closly is Fr Lejuan Warfield who he said could be better than all the previous names mentioned(exc. Tyler Robinson) and has more physical ability at that age than any other wr hes coached including lanxter, sommer and thompson, which is kinda scary. I also heard a rumor from Darrall Warren (kind of reminds you of another warren) that he may be headed to TE to give alcoa a nice 1-2 TE punch.

As far as the backfield goes, I have really heard that the qb position will mostly be a battle between tallant and another soph tyler hartley, who has been said by qb coach paul talley to throw a better ball than any qb on alcoas roster, including james. Although I believe sharpe will get a fair chance to win the job I expect tallant to start and hartley to be backing him when the season starts. The TB Jaron Toney is back after another great year and with the strides he has made from year to year I would expect to see something special. He will be backed up by another special TB vee hambrick who will remind a lot of people of shiverdecker with the way he cuts and makes people miss. Taharin Tyson will be back at Fb for alcoa after running through and around defenders for close 900 yards as a soph. He will also continue to get better. I expect both toney and tyson to hit 1,000 yards with hamrick not being far behind.

As with any good team, it will all start up front and alcoa returns a load of players who started and played on the offensive line this past season. Starters returning are marsh, walden, hopkey and evans. Then you can add in guys like burchfield, rankin and caleb mangum who all received a significant amount of playing time this season. They will be very good up front again.

As far as alcoas defense goes I think the two obvious players you have to replace are thompson and hickman. Coach Nix said in the paper that hickman was the most dominant D-Lineman hes ever coached. Thompson was just that steady hand you could count on game in and game out. One wild card with the defense could be tyler mcglothlin who was very active in practices and jv games. He had to sit out last season as a transfer. Hes a DT who goes about 6'3 215-220 pounds and he won the line 40 yd dash at the jamboree this past year.

I think alcoa will be in a great position to do some good things next season. They have a number of good players coming back mixed in the with a great coaching staff. they should be hard to beat if they continue to put in the work that past alcoa teams have and theres no doubt in my mind they will do that.

Great breakdown!

QB- I think Tallant is a shoe-in. I've heard from a reliable source that he probably would've beaten Chase out this year if not for Chase being a senior and Tallant getting injured in pre-season. Also heard that he threw 5 TD's in a scrimmage (Oak Ridge maybe). I think we're set at this position.

Starter: Tallant Reserve: Sharpe, Hartley

RB- Jaron Toney is solid and is developing into one of the better backs in east Tennessee. He has amazing speed, agility, character, and strength. Vee Hambrick will be great, and I think he'll just keep showing that potential next year. Darryl Warren, IMO, is a solid back, but I think his talents should be showcased elsewhere on offense. Also, don't be surprised if rising freshmen Ezekial Koko and Jarod Crenshaw make an impact. Koko is an ultra-talented physical specimen, and Crenshaw is a load. However, I've heard rumors that neither may be at Alcoa next fall.

Starter: Toney Reserve: Hambrick

FB- Taharin will more than likely be the best fullback in the state the next two years....enough said. Dee Herbert may get some carries, but I think sophmore Austin Chapman will be the leading canidate to step in when Taharin needs a break.

Starter: Tyson Reserve: Chapman

WR- IMO, our biggest ?, well maybe besides special teams. I think Isom looked very good towards the end of the year, and should definitely be our leader from this position. D. Robinson has displayed a good set of hands, and I think he can develop into a solid possession receiver. Rudd and Rockymore have shown athleticism, but can they show dependable sets of hands? Jett has shown me good hands and size, but he has hardly no game experience. I've heard nothing but good things about freshmen Chaz Vesser and LaJuan Warfield, I think they can lend us a big hand. And finally DarryL Warren should be moved to receiver. Imagine a CB lined up across from the ever-physical, 6'2, 215 lb. Warren. He's got good enough speed and athleticism, and would be an absolute matchup nightmare....just a thought though.

Starters: Isom, D. Robinson Reserves: Rockymore, Rudd, Jett, Vesser, Warfield, Warren??

TE- We have the best TE in the state, I don't care what anybody says

Starter: T. Robison Reserve: J. Cooper

OL- Should be one of the biggest O-line's the Tornadoes have put on the field in recent years. Walden is going at about 6'4, 280 and still has another year left, Evans is just a sophmore and he's gotta be around 6'3, 260, and Hopkey is our biggest lineman since Martin White at around 310. Justin Marsh will be bringing back 2 years of starting experience to our talented O-line as well. Losing Connor's leadership could hurt, but I believe J.T. Rankin will fill in just fine. Stephens and Mangum will see considerable time as well.

Starters: Walden, Evans, Rankin, Marsh, Hopkey Reserves: Stephens, Mangum, Burchfield, Midkiff, Sudderth

DL- Tyler will be Tyler, only a lot better next year I'm sure. Darryl's motor, athleticism, and tenacity reminds me more and more like that other Warren they played at Alcoa from the DE position everytime I see him, I think his future is there. Darwin Kerr has given us 2 years of starting experience and should have a fine senior season. Jon Burchfield is huge, he should plug up the middle admirably. Jonivan Henry and Joe Cooper will be counted on to give Tyler and Darryl breaks, and I believe they'll do so sufficiently. Unless, we start developing some other DT's, we may very well be thin at that position next year, but apparently Derek and Marcel may see some time there according to Iluvsports. Tyler McGlothlin is pretty special from what I've heard.

Starters: Warren, Burchfield, Kerr, Robinson Reserves: Henry, Evans?, Walden?, McGlothlin, Cooper

LB- Return a lot of experience, speed, and skill. Veterans Dee Herbert and Nathaniel Robinson will be counted on heavily, and I expect big years out of them from their posts at the Sam and Will backers. I believe that Austin Chapman will get the nod in the middle next year. Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of Bart Hicks? Everytime I've seen him in he's always around the ball, and when he wraps someone up they go down. Georgio Coffin and Tahrin will be counted on to provide back-up.

Starters: Herbert, Chapman, N. Robinson Reserves: Coffin and Tyson

DB- Jaron will be a solid corner for us next year, and I believe D. Robinson and Hambrick will duke it out for the other corner spot. Isom should have one safety spot down after seeing starting time there this past season, and Tallant will be a great free safety, kind of in the mold of Johnathan Meschendorf. Logan Sharpe may also see some time at safety, but besides these guys I haven't really seen much more as far as potential canidates for this position.

Starters: Toney, Hambrick, Isom, Tallant Reserves: D.Robinson, Sharpe, Rudd?, Rockymore?

Special Teams- Yikes!!!

I don't see 3A slowing this team down, I believe we'll be holding up that 6th gold ball in a row this time next year.