6-5a All Region Team

dwg03

Chaz Scales is a "joke" to say the best. Yeah, he had a lot to do with CHS being 8-4, be he made them "8-4" against the shrimp of the division. Centennial should expect to beat Clarksville, Columbia, and Dickson Co. Centennial & Chaz won 8 games against "nobody", but lost to anybody that mattered. Maybe you could compare Chaz to Tim "Superman" Tebow if he delivered an historical win against Brentwood or Franklin, plus not only did he NOT deliver, he made the mistakes that eventually lost CHS the game against BHS & FHS... Therefore at the end of the day, he failed just like every other Centennial looser before him. Graham Nichols threw the ball 250+ times and only threw 2 interceptions, and he delivered against Hillsboro, McCallie, Brentwood, White Station, Hendersonville, and Hunters Lane. Alex Ford posted insane numbers, and he ran the ball hard regardless of who was across the line of scrimmage. Chaz Scales "choked" in every definition of the word whenever the opponent was competitive and the spotlight was on his precious Centennial Cougars.

Didn't Chaz lead to wins over Independence, Ravenwood, Siegel and Gallatin? Oh, but those are all shrimps. Hmm.

Furthermore, to say he "failed" is to state that everyone who didn't win the state championship failed, which includes Brentwood and Franklin. The definition of failure is relative to each team, based on their past, as well as the team they have in front of them.

By the standards of Centennial's football history, this was far from a failing season. Centennial was not projected to even make the playoffs, and yet we qualified with our highest seeding in school history. True, we don't have the prestige of other programs, but not every high school can claim the high standards that you seem to enjoy.

Oh, and two other things: It's "loser", and if Chaz "Choked" in every definition of the word, does that include the definition: To interfere with the respiration of by compression or obstruction of the larynx or trachea? Please don't make statements that, in retrospect, make no sense whatsoever.

Let me make this clear for you: You are not clever, you are not funny, and you are not correct.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaz Scales is a "joke" to say the best. Yeah, he had a lot to do with CHS being 8-4, be he made them "8-4" against the shrimp of the division. Centennial should expect to beat Clarksville, Columbia, and Dickson Co. Centennial & Chaz won 8 games against "nobody", but lost to anybody that mattered. Maybe you could compare Chaz to Tim "Superman" Tebow if he delivered an historical win against Brentwood or Franklin, plus not only did he NOT deliver, he made the mistakes that eventually lost CHS the game against BHS & FHS... Therefore at the end of the day, he failed just like every other Centennial looser before him. Graham Nichols threw the ball 250+ times and only threw 2 interceptions, and he delivered against Hillsboro, McCallie, Brentwood, White Station, Hendersonville, and Hunters Lane. Alex Ford posted insane numbers, and he ran the ball hard regardless of who was across the line of scrimmage. Chaz Scales "choked" in every definition of the word whenever the opponent was competitive and the spotlight was on his precious Centennial Cougars.

So I guess the conference COACHES who made these selections don't know what they're doing?

If 8-4, with 1 play-off win is Centennial's version of success, that clearly shows you the state of horrible dis-repair that CHS football is in. If you want to crown a kid who could not win when it mattered, over the kids at Franklin & Brentwood that is fine with me. I just find it very odd how INDY won the region last year, and also won every single region award, and this year Brentwood & Franklin are undoubtedly two of the best teams in the state and they pick up a few awards. Chaz Scales does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as Krow (BHS), Mason (BHS), Nichols (FHS), ot Ford (FHS). MVPs don not fumble against Brentwood and shift the entire game in their direction, MVPs do not throw INTs and other various turnovers against Franklin with a chance to make history. They also do not repeat the same type of fumbles against a Brentwood team to once again allow victory to slip from CHS's grasp. Chaz Scales belongs in one category...The Centennial's "Almosts" along with all the other "stars" that schools excuse of a program has squandered away

If 8-4, with 1 play-off win is Centennial's version of success, that clearly shows you the state of horrible dis-repair that CHS football is in. If you want to crown a kid who could not win when it mattered, over the kids at Franklin & Brentwood that is fine with me. I just find it very odd how INDY won the region last year, and also won every single region award, and this year Brentwood & Franklin are undoubtedly two of the best teams in the state and they pick up a few awards. Chaz Scales does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as Krow (BHS), Mason (BHS), Nichols (FHS), ot Ford (FHS). MVPs don not fumble against Brentwood and shift the entire game in their direction, MVPs do not throw INTs and other various turnovers against Franklin with a chance to make history. They also do not repeat the same type of fumbles against a Brentwood team to once again allow victory to slip from CHS's grasp. Chaz Scales belongs in one category...The Centennial's "Almosts" along with all the other "stars" that schools excuse of a program has squandered away

...Or it shows that we're still a relatively young program who had a crappy coach for a decade. But thanks for playing.

Obviously, the coaches of some of the aforementioned programs you listed disagree with you. You know better, though, right?

It's cute how you continue to use the same, stale argument that has been defused by multiple users in this forum. Face it, champ, you're wrong. Incorrect. etc. Accept it and move on.

It's cute how you continue to use the same, stale argument that has been defused by multiple users in this forum. Face it, champ, you're wrong. Incorrect. etc. Accept it and move on.

I would not exactly say anyone has fully "defused" my case. You all have just ignored it. I know you all at Centennial are frustrated because you have to live in "big brother's" Shadow (Franklin & Brentwood). But just for once give me a logical argument why anyone at CHS deserves anything over the leaders of Brentwood & Franklin.

I would not exactly say anyone has fully "defused" my case. You all have just ignored it. I know you all at Centennial are frustrated because you have to live in "big brother's" Shadow (Franklin & Brentwood). But just for once give me a logical argument why anyone at CHS deserves anything over the leaders of Brentwood & Franklin.

CHS has mabye what... three good players when franklin and brentwood enter every season with solid teams top to bottom. Ever since his soph. year he has been a contibuting factor for his team and has improved every year. No doubt nichols, krow, and others are good players but which one was most valuable to their team?

Before these awards came out I would of bet alot of money that scales would be MVP, an offensive player from franklin would be offensive mvp and a player from brentwood would win deffensive MVP. Anyone with any sort of football intelligence would understand.

So go back and continue kissing the feet of your 2009 rebels because ever since this season started you have sounded like an idiot.

I have no problem stating that Brentwood and Franklin have superior programs.

And here is my argument. MVP means Most Valuable Player, and in relations to the team a player plays on, no player has meant more to his team than Chaz Scales. That's what the award is, the technical definition. Both Franklin and Brentwood had multiple players that were very crucial to their runs. For Centennial, the buck began and stopped with Mr. Scales.

Is that "logical" enough for you? Do you know what logical means? Can you bring up a point that doesn't involve kissing the tails of either Brentwood or Franklin?

Hey huskergymnast33 you keep saying franklin is superior but arnt you guys just the same as centenial, ravenwood, indy or all the other programs your nothin. brentwood is region champs its someting and dont come back and say wemade it to the ship cause NO oNe ever remebers the runner ups in those games. so just calm down and let chaz have the glory he deserves/

Hey huskergymnast33 you keep saying franklin is superior but arnt you guys just the same as centenial, ravenwood, indy or all the other programs your nothin. brentwood is region champs its someting and dont come back and say wemade it to the ship cause NO oNe ever remebers the runner ups in those games. so just calm down and let chaz have the glory he deserves/

lol wow if you think anyone doesn't remember the state runner ups, who would remember region champs. that lost to someone in their region when it mattered

Brentwood Bruin All Region Players

Victor Barnes

Jeremy Coffey

Robby Dupuis

Reggie Farmer

Alex Guth

A.J. Krow

Cameron Mason

Cole Tischer

and of course Coach of the Year - Ron Crawford

If my list is inaccurate I apoligize, it is what I have been told

Like so many fans of their schools, there are other players I am surprise did not get this honor, but I am sure the coaches do their best. I know there were many more Bruin players that I will remember having great games and who made huge plays that led to the teams success. I do not believe I have ever seen more of a "team" be responsible for success(and I am pretty old). Just seemed like every game it was someone different making plays to win.

To all the 2008 Bruin Players, Coaches, Cheerleaders, Band and parents thanks for a great year of memories.

Also, I do not know of any group better than the Brentwood Choir in singing the National Anthem, I wish the Titans would get them to perform sometime. Definitely All-State!!

The fact that he won the "Offensive Lineman of the Year" award is testament to how massively flawed and ridiculous the Region awards/ team selection truly is. How does that excuse become labled as the best offensive lineman and Connor Walkup gets left behind. Anyone who thinks that Logan Massengill deserves that award needs to go watch the Franklin vs Ravenwood film, and then re-think their position. He went up against Cole Nathan all night and he did not get close to Nathan one time...How does that deserve "Best Offensive Lineman of the Year"

Chaz Scales??? Really??? Did Chaz Scales really win MVP??? Would someone please explain to me how he deserves that award. When I think of an MVP I think of a difference maker, but a difference maker in Big Games. The only difference he made in Big Games was he always found away to fumble the ball or throw it to the other team (Brentwood twice & Franklin). MVPs win games...Not lose them.

im going to have to agreed that this one is flawed... connor walkup was definately the best o lineman in the region no questions asked.. honestly i think they just didnt want to give another award to a franklin player... they already had like 4 so they just thought they would share the wealth with another team.. but still he deserved this award way more than massengill or any other... its horrible to think that they would do this but i cant find any other reason.. im pretty sure massengill gave up more sacks in the franklin game then connor gave up all year.. but whatever i guess.. flawed or not c walk deserved this award