Best Gym!

beavo5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial, but I like Columbia Central's gym, The Lion's Den. It's nostalgic and has balcony seating on 3 sides and the wooden dome that was added a few years ago. That gym was built in 1962 and I think we alumni would vote on tearing down everything around it for a new school so long as the gym stayed.

Unicoi County has a very nice gym that not many people win in besides the Blue Devils. I don??™t think they have lost a conference game in ???the devils den??? in two or three years. The student section is behind one of the back boards so it makes it really hard to shoot there if you??™re not used to it. The gym also has plenty of seating for fans. Definitely one of the better gyms in this area.

I agree, Unicoi really has a nice gym! I don't think most opposing players like it very much though. The gym is bigger than most gyms they are used to playing in and makes it hard to shoot because of the different depth perception!

I agree, Unicoi really has a nice gym! I don't think most opposing players like it very much though. The gym is bigger than most gyms they are used to playing in and makes it hard to shoot because of the different depth perception!

True Unicoi has a very NICE gym and facilities, but I don't really enjoy going there to watch a game. Gyms like that one and Chuckey-Doak and Sullivan South, gyms that are just a rectangle cinder-block building painted flat white with sjy high ceilings more seating than they could ever fill just aren't that fun to go watch a game in. They are just very.. I guess the best word would be inpersonal. But thats just my opinion.

David Lipscomb's gym isn't that great overall, but I love how they have a row of stands right behind one of the baskets. It is usually packed with students and I guarantee that most opposing team's free throw percentage is much worse on that basket than the other thanks to the giant spinning spiral wheel that they always have held up right behind the glass. I wish that more schools had a setup like this, it really gets the students into the game and closer to the action.