Best Gym!

beavo5

David Lipscomb's gym isn't that great overall, but I love how they have a row of stands right behind one of the baskets. It is usually packed with students and I guarantee that most opposing team's free throw percentage is much worse on that basket than the other thanks to the giant spinning spiral wheel that they always have held up right behind the glass. I wish that more schools had a setup like this, it really gets the students into the game and closer to the action.

MBA has the same kind of setup but Lipscomb's gym is terrible that one part of the gym makes it a little better

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial, but I like Columbia Central's gym, The Lion's Den. It's nostalgic and has balcony seating on 3 sides and the wooden dome that was added a few years ago. That gym was built in 1962 and I think we alumni would vote on tearing down everything around it for a new school so long as the gym stayed.

Central's gym is awful. The seating is awful because 3/4 of the gym are "reserved". I do not look forward to going back there this year.

Central's gym is awful. The seating is awful because 3/4 of the gym are "reserved". I do not look forward to going back there this year.

But.........you've never sat in the reserved section. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I like the roof structure and the balcony behind one goal and all those district championships on the banner by the radio guys. For a 46 year old gym, it's got a lot of character and tradition. I would say there are a lot of visiting teams that don't look forward to traveling to the Lion's Den. That's part of what makes it so cool.

You know, I've always liked the top-loaders. So, I really like Gibson County and Martin Westview. Believe it or not, I've never been inside "Central Station" home of the Obion County Central Rebels.

If you cross the state line into extreme western Kentucky, you'll find that Marshall County, Graves County and Mayfield all have nice arenas with plenty of seating. ... In fact, why don't you get on up to Graves this weekend for the 2-day 3-session, 10-game First Kentucky Bank Shootout. Westview's boys and girls, Manassas, Briarcrest and Maplewood will all be there. See, even in the Bluegrass, they know where REAL basketball is played. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK, back to the topic. Gibson County and Westview, and I like Trenton, too.

i agree w/ dyer county and obion... westview has a nice one as well with the big score board in the center

DC's gym is great!!!! Loads of seating. Agree with Obion also. Westview's is nice....but last time I was there I felt like I was being cooked alive /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> it was so hot. Do they not have ac???

no contest....hands down.....the best public school gym anywhere in middle tennessee is Hickman County's J.E. Sisco Gymnasium.....maybe the entire state.....there are some colleges who do not have gyms this nice and it was built way over 20 years ago.....if you have not ever been there, come check it out.....will be a great tournament there during the Christmas break....several kids playing who have already signed letters of intent

no contest....hands down.....the best public school gym anywhere in middle tennessee is Hickman County's J.E. Sisco Gymnasium.....maybe the entire state.....there are some colleges who do not have gyms this nice and it was built way over 20 years ago.....if you have not ever been there, come check it out.....will be a great tournament there during the Christmas break....several kids playing who have already signed letters of intent

I like their gym but I think Lawrence County's is better