11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Nice to see your back PhillyFan! Had to be a tough weekend for you with the Rebels losing and the Birds going down today too.

Who does Franklin have next week?

Yeah BigPoppa, it was a tough weekend. Franklin will bounce back, Brentwood just wanted this a little more.

FHS plays Hillsboro and Centennial this week

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the passion of high school sports. Guess that justifies a grandfather calling a teenager an idiot and a wimp.....

Well, the only people who know I am a grandfather are Franklin supporters. Please don't call yourself a FHS supporter, you must agree with what Indy09 said. Believe me, I am saving that post for when Indy comes calling. I am supporting my boys and will support them in any occasion. You think you know who I am? Come see me face-to-face so I can call you classless to your face, or maybe deal with things the old fashion way. Anybody who is going to bring the grandfather thing into this forum is a classless little jerk. Again, come see me so I can tell you that to your face, PLEASE!!!!

You won't though!!

I agree with the franklin fans. Michael Young and company are as mentally tough as it gets. They will bounce back and start dominating games like they should. And as far as the Franklin - Brentwood game, i dont want to hear about foul trouble or a bad shooting night. It was identical for both teams. I look forward to Feb. 6th. Rebels come to the Bruins home court for round 2. It should be a great game to watch.

I agree with you one thing you said brentwoodking, the officials were bad for both teams, I mean really bad. We did shoot poorly, part of that was due to Brentwood's game plan. I give Brentwood a lot of credit. They wanted this game more than the Rebels did. The Rebels realized things and put in a very solid foruth quarter out scoring BHS 27-20.

After talking to several FHS players, this will be a wake up call for them. You will see a different team tomorrow night against Hillsboro.

I agree with you one thing you said brentwoodking, the officials were bad for both teams, I mean really bad. We did shoot poorly, part of that was due to Brentwood's game plan. I give Brentwood a lot of credit. They wanted this game more than the Rebels did. The Rebels realized things and put in a very solid foruth quarter out scoring BHS 27-20.

After talking to several FHS players, this will be a wake up call for them. You will see a different team tomorrow night against Hillsboro.

Yeah, I watched that game on the local channel in WilCo and you are right, bad bad crew for a game of that magnitude with very quick whistles to begin the game.

It looked like Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Mr. Magoo all working on the same crew!

I'M BACK!!

in response to all this, I believe that Franklin still is the best team in the district, but as it stands the district is wide open. Every single team is capable this year and that's what makes it so much more competitive. I believe Franklin's loss to the Bruins will only help them and make them stronger in their road to the district championship.

As far as Indy talk goes, I don't think they have what it takes to continue their run to the end of district play. I see them getting passed up by a number of teams. Even teams such as Centennial and Ravenwood cannot be counted out. Centennial's win over RHS does give them a step above the Raptors, but it seems many of district 11-AAA losses have been in 7 or less margins which makes for a very very competitive second half of district play.

Tonight 1/20/09

Centennial @ Brentwood

Overton @ Indy

Hillsboro @ Franklin

Ravenwood @ Hillwood

Friday 1/23/09

Ravenwood @ Brentwood

Hillsboro @ Indy

Centennial @ Franklin

Hillwood @ Overton

I told everyone Franklin is overrated, this team is about to fizzle. They don't have the mental toughness to compete with the hardnose teams in the district. Wait till the Eagles make the trip over to Franklin and beat you like Brentwood did. No one is scared of you anymore, they see you are soft. Your fan section is pathetic as well. At least teams like Ravenwood support their school, I guess you guys are too busy with all the out of school activity Franklin is famous for.

Let me get this straight, Franklin loses one district game, their first regular season district loss in close to 4 years, and all of a sudden they become a team about to collapse? Give me a break. When I look at this, all I see is one loss, against a solid Brentwood team, in the middle of a season. Yes, considering the district dominance of FHS over the past few years this loss does send a bit of a shockwave through the District. But bottom line, its only one loss.

What has impressed me most about this FHS program over the years is their ability to win games by several different means. They can beat you with sheer power down low, athleticism with drives to the basket and strong cuts, or lights out shooting. They've always brought so much depth and so many different style players that its nearly impossible for teams to match up with them for a full 32. Every year, we hear about Franklin losing key guys or being weaker than the year before. And yet, they still manage to come out and be the class of the District year after year. And maybe its just me, but I dont see that trend ending anytime soon.

As for the rest of District, theres still alot of basketball left to be played. There seems to be alot of inconsistent play from alot of teams this year, so whoever gets a good run at the end of the year could be looking at a good chance at the title.

Last but not least: Go Cougars! From the sounds of things its been rough so far, but like I said, still alot of time.

I told everyone Franklin is overrated, this team is about to fizzle. They don't have the mental toughness to compete with the hardnose teams in the district. Wait till the Eagles make the trip over to Franklin and beat you like Brentwood did. No one is scared of you anymore, they see you are soft. Your fan section is pathetic as well. At least teams like Ravenwood support their school, I guess you guys are too busy with all the out of school activity Franklin is famous for.

Indy fan quit making ridiclious statements FHS lost to a very good Brentwood team. Look at Brentwood's record most of their loses have been very close. We just did not play up to our potential. But i'm not one to make excuses Brentwood deserves credit for a well played and coached game. Looking forward to the rest of the district scheudle guess you have say the district race is wide open now. I still expect FHS to bounce back and win the district and region...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Franklin, Indy, Brentwood, and Hillsboro are setting themselves above the rest of the district. However there is still a lot of basketball left to be played.

Well, don't forget about Centennial. With a Drew Kelly, you always have to put them in there. Especially with Bristow coming soon. I believe someone told me he will be eligible sometime in February. He is the trasfer from BGA. Any word when he will start playing.

Any word on the Hillwood/Ravenwood game. I believe it was at Hillwood and they don't keep an official home book, so it wasn't reported to the Tennessean.

Well, don't forget about Centennial. With a Drew Kelly, you always have to put them in there. Especially with Bristow coming soon. I believe someone told me he will be eligible sometime in February. He is the trasfer from BGA. Any word when he will start playing.

Any word on the Hillwood/Ravenwood game. I believe it was at Hillwood and they don't keep an official home book, so it wasn't reported to the Tennessean.

What kind of crap is that? No home book? You know, I haven't seen many Hillwood scores in the paper this year maybe that's why.....

The Bristol kid will really help them but not as much a one good guard though.