11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

I've been watching this Franklin team all year as well as other district 11-AAA teams and i do not understand why it seems like the Rebels are not as dominate. They pretty much have the same team as last year but without Kegarise and they have Haddix who has stepped up big this year. I still believe Franklin is the best team in this district, but it seems to me that they're getting outcoached some games. Brentwood and King knew everything that Franklin was going to do and it showed during the game. They played no help on Young and were in his face the whole game and played off the non outside shooters like Glover and Pace. Also, I know Franklin got into foul trouble but where was Haddix down the stretch? Independence and Darren Henry also gave Franklin a scare earlier this year and i believe it was because Henry prepared their players for Franklin. However, the Rebels still wound up winning on a last second shot.

I also thought last year that Young was the primary point guard and Henry was more of the shooting guard with Kegarise and backup point guard. It seemed like it worked last year, but i know now that Henry is the point guard and Young runs the wing this year. Also, i've noticed teams in this district run an 8 man roatation and Brentwood had only 7 players play the night against Franklin. It looks to me like the Rebels use about a 12 or 13 man rotation. I don't remember them doing that last year. It just doesn't look like the Rebels can get into a groove with everyone getting subbed in and out all the time. Those are just some things that have stood out to me this year about the Rebels team from last year and the Rebels team from this year. Anyways, i know i'm just a district 11-AAA fan with an opinion but i've been watching all these teams for years and i thought for sure this year Franklin would run away with this district.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told everyone Franklin is overrated, this team is about to fizzle. They don't have the mental toughness to compete with the hardnose teams in the district. Wait till the Eagles make the trip over to Franklin and beat you like Brentwood did. No one is scared of you anymore, they see you are soft. Your fan section is pathetic as well. At least teams like Ravenwood support their school, I guess you guys are too busy with all the out of school activity Franklin is famous for.

I told everyone Franklin is overrated, this team is about to fizzle. They don't have the mental toughness to compete with the hardnose teams in the district. Wait till the Eagles make the trip over to Franklin and beat you like Brentwood did. No one is scared of you anymore, they see you are soft. Your fan section is pathetic as well. At least teams like Ravenwood support their school, I guess you guys are too busy with all the out of school activity Franklin is famous for.

Its people like you who really annoy me. First of all, you don't know anything about the mental toughness of the Franklin team. Young, Glover, and Pace are all probably more mentally tough than any person at Independence High School. You don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe Franklin isn't peaking at the beginning of the district season, so what. In the past, the Rebels have played their best basketball early, and dropped off during the district and region tournaments. This year, they'll probably peak later, which is why everyone should still be scared of the Rebels. I do know one thing, nobody is even close to being scared of playing the Eagles. On another note, the FHS student section was very big on Friday vs. Brentwood. The only reason FHS students don't always attend at Independence or some other schools is because the students know that FHS will win, and it's not worth it. And even further, if you're going to bash the students of Franklin for their "out of school activity," maybe you should look at the academic rankings, or ask anyone in Wilco, that FHS is much better than IHS, and the "out of school activities" that FHS students do more often than IHS students is probably a thing called homework.

You are a complete idiot for writing this kind of post. Franklin is not overrated, they are not playing their best, but it will come. They just have to learn to play all four quarters to go anywhere. They scored 27 points in the 4th quarter against Brentwood. Indy has a hard time scoring 27 points in a half. What do you know about mental toughness? and there are no hardnose teams in this district, besides FHS. You are going to eat your words you make that drive up 31 and gets your butts beat by the Rebels. The only thing soft in this discussion is you and the rest of Independence. When we crush you next time don't be the little wimp you are and go hide.

I've been watching this Franklin team all year as well as other district 11-AAA teams and i do not understand why it seems like the Rebels are not as dominate. They pretty much have the same team as last year but without Kegarise and they have Haddix who has stepped up big this year. I still believe Franklin is the best team in this district, but it seems to me that they're getting outcoached some games. Brentwood and King knew everything that Franklin was going to do and it showed during the game. They played no help on Young and were in his face the whole game and played off the non outside shooters like Glover and Pace. Also, I know Franklin got into foul trouble but where was Haddix down the stretch? Independence and Darren Henry also gave Franklin a scare earlier this year and i believe it was because Henry prepared their players for Franklin. However, the Rebels still wound up winning on a last second shot.

I also thought last year that Young was the primary point guard and Henry was more of the shooting guard with Kegarise and backup point guard. It seemed like it worked last year, but i know now that Henry is the point guard and Young runs the wing this year. Also, i've noticed teams in this district run an 8 man roatation and Brentwood had only 7 players play the night against Franklin. It looks to me like the Rebels use about a 12 or 13 man rotation. I don't remember them doing that last year. It just doesn't look like the Rebels can get into a groove with everyone getting subbed in and out all the time. Those are just some things that have stood out to me this year about the Rebels team from last year and the Rebels team from this year. Anyways, i know i'm just a district 11-AAA fan with an opinion but i've been watching all these teams for years and i thought for sure this year Franklin would run away with this district.

Well, you have part of it right and part of it wrong. King does a great job scouting opponents. Through the horrible shooting FHS had, they still about came back in this game. The part of Darren Henri prparing his players well is wrong. FHS had 2 main players out of that game and had 3 more sitting out in foul trouble. Indy should have been up by 15 at half, but was only up 4.

Last year Peyton Henry didn't even start. When he came in, he came in at usually the point. Kegarise played the 2 and Miller-Mac played the 3. Everything is going to be fine. All this means is we are tied with Brentwood for first place and will need to beat them at their place on Feb 6 and take care of business they rest of the way. Everybody thinks because we lose a district game, things are going to fall apart and the world is coming to an end. Franklin does need to change a few things, and they will. I look for a totally different team in the weeks to come. Anybody who knows these kids will agree with me.

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment with exception to the pathetic fan section. Franklin is still tops in the district until someone takes them down. However they are very beatable and the Bruins proved it. Indy almost did it as well but came up short at the end.

On another note, the FHS student section was very big on Friday vs. Brentwood. The only reason FHS students don't always attend at Independence or some other schools is because the students know that FHS will win, and it's not worth it.

I will be the first to call you out and say that's a horrible attitude to have. I was at the Indy Franklin game earlier this season and the Franklin student section stood about 20 at best and that's including a certain, someone's father yelling and screaming like he always does. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If it takes your biggest rival game to have a student section at all then just go ahead and pack it up. It makes the games much more enjoyable to go to when both school's student sections are loud and rowdy.

You are a complete idiot for writing this kind of post. Franklin is not overrated, they are not playing their best, but it will come. They just have to learn to play all four quarters to go anywhere. They scored 27 points in the 4th quarter against Brentwood. Indy has a hard time scoring 27 points in a half. What do you know about mental toughness? and there are no hardnose teams in this district, besides FHS. You are going to eat your words you make that drive up 31 and gets your butts beat by the Rebels. The only thing soft in this discussion is you and the rest of Independence. When we crush you next time don't be the little wimp you are and go hide.

Oh, the passion of high school sports. Guess that justifies a grandfather calling a teenager an idiot and a wimp.....

I thought this was a basketball thread? Why are grandfathers being mentioned? What's that all about? Franklin got beat bottom line. They waited too long to turn it on. I was talking to someone and I think this is Jay Johnson's first loss to Brentwood, coach Jay J has been at FHS like 5 or 6 years, so get off his back for losing 1 reg season district game in the last 2 years. I'd like to see other district 11 records vs Franklin since Jay J has been at FHS.

I am as disappointed as any Franklin supporter over the loss to Brentwood. I'm sure the coaching staff is disappointed; I'm also sure that the players are disappointed. That being said, there is a ton of basketball to be played.

Yes, Franklin has been at the top like 5 years in a row. Yes, this is Franklins' first loss to Brentwood in like 6 years. You can only hope as a Franklin fan that the Rebels will improve and learn from this past Friday night.

After an early loss to Columbia, Franklin paid them back the second time. I have no doubt that Franklin can and will get better.

On a positive note, Brentwood winning spices up the REBEL/BRUIN series!!!!!

I agree with the franklin fans. Michael Young and company are as mentally tough as it gets. They will bounce back and start dominating games like they should. And as far as the Franklin - Brentwood game, i dont want to hear about foul trouble or a bad shooting night. It was identical for both teams. I look forward to Feb. 6th. Rebels come to the Bruins home court for round 2. It should be a great game to watch.