11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Maybe you didn't read these:

I have no problem with the fans booing Young. My point was just that it can get into some players heads and was one more obstacle that the team had to overcome in addition to the others ones I listed. And apparently, although Young made a few more turnovers than is normal for him, it didn't really bother him either. He had 17.

And:

I had no criticisms about Independence other than the coach's behavior. It was a great atmosphere otherwise.

Sorry I misinterpreted your words. It was a fun game for us students who were cheering unlike the ones who were all the way at the top. Dr. Campbell did get the crowd there with the "get in free with your student pass" gimmick. It won't be like that for the rest of the year unfortunetly.

And to get things straight with the whole Henrie shoving Mitchell situation; Henrie merely didn't know the play was going on when he was talking to Mitchell about the turnover he made. It was a oh no the game's going on shove, not a what the heck is your problem shove. A questionable reaction none-the-less but it was done in the heat of the moment.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as your explanation of the coach pushing the player....I'm gonna have to call BS on that!!

Just what I've heard. On another note tough game for Independence tonight against upstart Overton team. Indy lost to Columbia last night. Very dissapointing from what I heard. Only 32 points for the Eagles, no one in double digits.

Just what I've heard. On another note tough game for Independence tonight against upstart Overton team. Indy lost to Columbia last night. Very dissapointing from what I heard. Only 32 points for the Eagles, no one in double digits.

Indy may not have played well last night but the absolutely shot the lights out tonight against Overton. Carden and the rest couldn't miss during the second half, think he recovered from his 2 point outing last night with 29 tonight, 77-65 Indy.

Good road win for Indy, tough home loss for Overton.

The Franklin win over Columbia tells us a couple of things. First, the Rebels are getting better. After squeaking by Independence on Tuesday, some thought the Rebels had taken a few steps back since their dominating performances down in Panama City. Secondly, a blowout win @ Hillsboro on Friday combined with a gutsy 53-48 win over 3rd ranked Columbia proves that this Franklin squad can get the job done against good competition. Most who were at the tournament in PCB tell me the competition was comparable to the Columbia team Franklin has split closely with this year. At 15-3, some continue to doubt the Rebels, but this team has not even played their best ball yet! James Haddix, has made an incredible transformation into a dominating presence in the paint. Peyton Henry is more than likely the districts best pure (PG). Throw in seniors Young, Miller-McLemore, Starnes, Glover, and Lindsey: You've got senior leadeship all the way around! District play is now full steam ahead!

Watched all of the Rebs games this year except Fl tourney. I will say this team is starting to play very well.

I stand by preditions at the beginning of season. Rebs will not be seriously challanged this year in district play. The big win over Hillsboro and the win over Columbia show coach Johnson has Young and company going in the right direction. As for the rest of the district. Indy has been a surprize they are playing better than anyone expected.

Our Big man is starting to play very well. This team can scary if they keep improving...

This is how I see it

1. Rebs

2. Hillsboro

3. Indy

4. Brentwood - Centennial

6. Ravenwood

7. Hillwood

The Franklin win over Columbia tells us a couple of things. First, the Rebels are getting better. After squeaking by Independence on Tuesday, some thought the Rebels had taken a few steps back since their dominating performances down in Panama City. Secondly, a blowout win @ Hillsboro on Friday combined with a gutsy 53-48 win over 3rd ranked Columbia proves that this Franklin squad can get the job done against good competition. Most who were at the tournament in PCB tell me the competition was comparable to the Columbia team Franklin has split closely with this year. At 15-3, some continue to doubt the Rebels, but this team has not even played their best ball yet! James Haddix, has made an incredible transformation into a dominating presence in the paint. Peyton Henry is more than likely the districts best pure (PG). Throw in seniors Young, Miller-McLemore, Starnes, Glover, and Lindsey: You've got senior leadeship all the way around! District play is now full steam ahead!

I have seen this Franklin team play a few times this year and I have come away impressed each time. Appear to be a very complete unit: Big Man, Point Guard, Shooters, Defenders, Rebounders, Deep Bench, Good Coaching and unselfish. I would rank Ensworth, Siegel, and Franklin as the top 3 teams in MidTN, and expect to see all three go deep into State tourney. I believe Gallatin, Beech, and Maplewood are in the next tier of 3, but certainly capable of beating anyone. Overall, defense is the common denominator with these teams and it makes for some intense high school basketball. Fun stuff.