Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me who will be playing both ways on each respective team? If so, do they play a significant number of plays (70%)? I know in the past it seems Alcoa has more players playing offense and defense.

In the 2006 game (17-10), I think Cobb, Lanxter, Hodge, Thompson and others played both ways. I believe it showed in the 4th quarter when Maryville had a 6:42 drive that went 69 yards and ended the game.

It appears to me Maryville coaches try not to have their guys play both ways, especially the linemen, even if it means not putting their best eleven on the field. Just look at the 4th quarter of the Halls game last year. If Alcoa can’t do this too (with about 80 or 90 out for football), then I am assuming Maryville has the talent more evenly distributed so fatigue and depth is not as critical a factor. If this is the numbers that Rankin is talking about, I quess I understand.

If I am Rankin, I do not want to go into the 4th quarter with the game close. I respect Alcoa’s coaches and their talent on the field. I see more discipline on the team than in the past (2005).

This is a great rivalry because of the mutual respect the players have for each other and the commitment to excellence exhibited by both programs. This is why I love living here and I have no idea who to pick! I think I’ll just enjoy the game!

Alcoa will have some skill players go both ways. Most of the linemen don't this year. Even with the player that play both ways , they are rotated quite often. Depth will not be a big fact this year, unless more players get sick..........

Thoughts for my fans;

Every Team just plays who is placed in front of them.

There are many reasons why Alcoa is not scheduled by other teams, but fear is not one of them.

Winning a championship at any level is an great accomplishment, but all roads don’t lead through the toughest route.

If your team gets 70-100 players out it means your team has been successful. Some 5A/6A schools might only get 35-40 players out. (Check Success)

Talking to coaches does not mean your team could beat anyone on any given night and saying you can beat the same teams another has does not make it so. Especially when you can rarely beat one of those teams who beats the other teams regulary.

To be equal to another team you should be able to beat that team at least 50% of the time and maybe win 60 or 70 games in a row me thinks.

Hey anyone notice it is raining? AGAIN?

Thoughts for my fans;

Every Team just plays who is placed in front of them.

There are many reasons why Alcoa is not scheduled by other teams, but fear is not one of them.

Winning a championship at any level is an great accomplishment, but all roads don’t lead through the toughest route.

If your team gets 70-100 players out it means your team has been successful. Some 5A/6A schools might only get 35-40 players out. (Check Success)

Talking to coaches does not mean your team could beat anyone on any given night and saying you can beat the same teams another has does not make it so. Especially when you can rarely beat one of those teams who beats the other teams regulary.

To be equal to another team you should be able to beat that team at least 50% of the time and maybe win 60 or 70 games in a row me thinks.

Hey anyone notice it is raining? AGAIN?

Family_Guy_Stewie_Chat_Total_Idiot_Black_Shirt.jpg

Alcoa / Maryville mud bowl!

mud-football_802473i.jpg:unsure:

I love that picture BeeCee. What it doesn't show is the crowd. I took this photo on the way in. It shows Bladerunner in his "Oak Ridge We Were Good Along Time Ago" T-shirt with his good buddy Grey Rider. Don't let the banter fool you. Those two are really good buddies, and love to fool people with their inside jokes. Don't get me wrong, they fight like brothers, but when push comes to shove they are there for each other.

mullet.jpg

Also: Bladerunner is psychic. No! I didn't say psychotic. No! I didn't say a sidekick (ie: Barney Fife, Robin, Festus) He is really a psychic. How did he pick a screen name with the OR coaches name in it, years before he was hired.