2009 ASA Berths

statman3

I noticed on the ASA district 10 web site that the council meeting this year adopted changes to the way berths are given. It states that TN will receive 4 berths in each age group. I am assuming that this impacts 2009.

Does anyone have information on when and where the tournaments giving out these TN berths will be held?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed on the ASA district 10 web site that the council meeting this year adopted changes to the way berths are given. It states that TN will receive 4 berths in each age group. I am assuming that this impacts 2008.

Does anyone have information on when and where the tournaments giving out these TN berths will be held?

Don't you mean 2009? 2008 is done.

I noticed on the ASA district 10 web site that the council meeting this year adopted changes to the way berths are given. It states that TN will receive 4 berths in each age group. I am assuming that this impacts 2008.

I am going off memory here, but will poast the dates later when I get to my home pc... Chattanooga will award 3 berths (including 1 at the State Tournament) at 3 different tournaments in 2009 at the new park near Hamiltonplace Mall and Hendersonville will award 1 berth (date and complex yet to be released)

Chattanooga will award a 16 and 18 berth May 29-30. 1 berth in each age group over Memorial weekend. Another berth for each geoup will be awarded at the State Tournament in mid July. 14u only will recieve a berth at a seperate tournament the following weekend. Im not sure about the date on the other 10 and 12u berth....

Dates may be off some but I will correct and poast the exzact dates later.

I am going off memory here, but will poast the dates later when I get to my home pc... Chattanooga will award 3 berths (including 1 at the State Tournament) at 3 different tournaments in 2009 at the new park near Hamiltonplace Mall and Hendersonville will award 1 berth (date and complex yet to be released)

Chattanooga will award a 16 and 18 berth May 29-30. 1 berth in each age group over Memorial weekend. Another berth for each geoup will be awarded at the State Tournament in mid July. 14u only will recieve a berth at a seperate tournament the following weekend. Im not sure about the date on the other 10 and 12u berth....

Dates may be off some but I will correct and poast the exzact dates later.

My understanding:

Apr 3-5 ASA Berth to 10U and 12U in Chattanooga Warner Park

May 22-24 ASA Berth 10-18 Hendersonville

May 29-31 ASA Berth 10-18 Chatt Warner park

June 26-28 ASA Berth 14U,16U,18U New Summit Park near mall

July 10-12 ASA Berth 10-18 (State Tournament)

4 berths per age group

Here is the info for 2009 ASA berths in Chattanooga.

April 4-6 -- 1 berth (10u & 12u only) at Warner Park

May 29-31 -- 1 berth (all age groups) at Warner Park

June 26-28 -- 1 berth (14u, 16u & 18u) at Warner Park or the new Summit of Softball Complex

July 10-12 -- 1 berth (all age groups) ASA "A" State Tournament at the new Summit of Softball Complex

July 17-19 -- 1 berth (14u only)

Hendersonville will award one berth in all age groups as well. Location & dates are yet to be released.

Other notes of interest....

Steal Cleats & 43' did NOT pass for 16u

Teams participating in Championship play must have at least one coach that is ACE Certified

Coaches of teams participating in Championship play must have Background checks

All teams participating in any "A" qualifying tournament must have the ASA ID Cards.

My understanding:

4 berths per age group

Also 1 more National Qualifying berth in 14U in Chattanooga July 17-19

My understanding:

4 berths per age group

Thanks for the info. I like to see the extra berths this year, but how did they re-structure to get that many state berths. Are there still 2 regional berths and are there still 16 national qualifiers like in years past?

Also, does anyone know dates and locations for the GOLD berths available to TN teams?

Thanks for the info. I like to see the extra berths this year, but how did they re-structure to get that many state berths. Are there still 2 regional berths and are there still 16 national qualifiers like in years past?

Also, does anyone know dates and locations for the GOLD berths available to TN teams?

No Gold TN Berths alone. If TN has Gold Berths would have to be National, Territory and Region Berths

where did you get the info on the Hendersonville Tournament? I dont think High School ball will be over for all team then. Will it? I sure would hate to have to decide between a HS State appearance or ASA National Qualifier.

I was shocked by how early it was as well. The TN HS State ends that Friday night before Hendersonville unless they change it. You can conceivably play HS Fri night then next day play qualifier. I bet it will be changed. Kind of unfair