Sullivan Central vs. Sullivan South

sports08mania

I attended the Sullivan Central game against Sullivan East on Friday. Sullivan Central didn't play as good as they could but I would plan on seeing Central come out fired up tonight against South. Although, I will mention some more about the East game. When a team can make 20 3's in a game, it means Mr. Tony Vaughn needs to make some changes on the defensive end of the court. I would expect the Cougars to be playing in your face defense tonight like they did against DB.

DeVault didn't play as good as he should've but Hyden stepped up and made things happen in the paint. As I continued to watch this game, I noticed Vaughn taking Hyden out. I'm not really sure as to why he would do that. If I'm not mistaking, Hyden had 8 rebounds and 8 points in about 4 minutes. Hello, Tony Vaughn? I'd like to know what's going on in that mans head. Obviously, something isn't right about it. I will also mention Vannoy. He rushes too many things as he's playing. He needs to slow down his game and make smart decisions. For example, Roberts; if he isn't shooting well, he doesn't keep shooting. He figures out what he's doing wrong and fixes it. I would say he may be one the best gaurds in the Big 9. Furthermore, I will be attending the game tonight at the Cougar Den expecting the Cougars to dominate down low with DeVault and Hyden. I also believe Brown will be back this game making a big contribution to the Cougar offense.

What's everyones thought on the game tonight?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the Sullivan Central game against Sullivan East on Friday. Sullivan Central didn't play as good as they could but I would plan on seeing Central come out fired up tonight against South. Although, I will mention some more about the East game. When a team can make 20 3's in a game, it means Mr. Tony Vaughn needs to make some changes on the defensive end of the court. I would expect the Cougars to be playing in your face defense tonight like they did against DB.

DeVault didn't play as good as he should've but Hyden stepped up and made things happen in the paint. As I continued to watch this game, I noticed Vaughn taking Hyden out. I'm not really sure as to why he would do that. If I'm not mistaking, Hyden had 8 rebounds and 8 points in about 4 minutes. Hello, Tony Vaughn? I'd like to know what's going on in that mans head. Obviously, something isn't right about it. I will also mention Vannoy. He rushes too many things as he's playing. He needs to slow down his game and make smart decisions. For example, Roberts; if he isn't shooting well, he doesn't keep shooting. He figures out what he's doing wrong and fixes it. I would say he may be one the best gaurds in the Big 9. Furthermore, I will be attending the game tonight at the Cougar Den expecting the Cougars to dominate down low with DeVault and Hyden. I also believe Brown will be back this game making a big contribution to the Cougar offense.

The Cougars need to be playing team ball tonight if they expect a win. They can't keep relying on Roberts to hit the 3. Need to start utilizing the post players more.

i ha ve seen and seen this too much " 20 3's " that was combined 3's east with 11 and central with 9 ok now 11x3=33 but lets not get into that because you wasnt the one who said that was the diff in this game good luck to both teams tonight

Good point. I change my mind. Webels by twelve! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

IF the Cougars don't change thier game, it could be a long season. Vannoy needs to understand that if he's not hitting he needs to PASS it. The post players need to get touches, not just Devault but all of them. If they can't score inside then they can kick it back out for a shot. I'm not sure but I would say the posts didn't get 10 touches coombined at EAST, and Vannoy wasn't hitting either. Yes he scored 11 pts. but how many shots did he take? Vaughn needs to pull back the reigns on him a little bit before he gets out of control and loses alot of games for Central. Roberts needs to keep shooting if he's on, but he didn't distribute the ball very well at East. Hopefully Brown will be back tonite and show them how to get the ball downlow. Good luck to both teams.

Central folks shouldn't worry. They are still a very dangerous team, Brown is their glue man, their MVP in my opinion. I didn't say most outstanding, but I do think they're most valuable, he calms everyone down and helps them get into their sets. I understand Vannoy has taken alot of shots, but he is a shooter, he has to have a short memory, these rough couple of games will lead to his shot coming around. He would not have such a green light if he wasn't a good player. Along with that, the majority of his shots are within the offense, granted, there are a few times he may dribble a bit too much, but I don't think he deserves too much criticism. Central will get better, their showing against DB proved how good they can be, and now that Albright is back, they will have 4 post players who are strong and know their roles. (Devault-scorer, Sturgill-physical,Winchell-Hustle,Albright-Athlete). I am not saying all 4 do not have other strengths, but that is the best thing they bring to the table. Its early, Central will be in the top 5 and that is key, hopefully they can jump into the top 3 because this year the difference between a 3-6 matchup and a 4-5 matchup is HUGE!

I'll say Central by 10. However, 3 of the last 5 matchups between Central and South at Central have had insane endings, the Brown Half court shot, the Crowe half court shot, and the Roberts lay-up last year. Maybe this year will be crazy again!

Stay injury free!