Sullivan Central vs. Sullivan South

sports08mania

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South's shots were falling tonight, Central's were not. That's all there is to it.

I figured the DeVault's dunk would get the Cougars motivated in the 4th quater but I guess I was wrong. Brown had a great game, coming back off an ankle injury. Hyden played well, while he was in, which I'm still not understanding why Vaughn doesn't play him often. He's dominate in the paint and outside. Roberts played very well, considering he had a virus. Vannoy started to play team ball and had a pretty good all around game.

...I will have to say, the Cougars need to step it up.

It's going to be a long season for the cougars /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I agree with you cougarfan, until:

1) Vannoy realizes he's hurting his team or Coach Vaughn realizes it.

2) The Brown kid gets over his ankle injury, looked pretty good last night but still has a walking boot.

3) Roberts gets healthy again, has a stomach virus.

4) Coach Vaughn realizes that HYDEN CAN help this team and give him more minutes.

5) They get more production off the bench, Winchell has looked good at times as well as Harmon, Sturgill did his job vs. DB but needs to be more consistent. Hyden has looked good on the boards but is hesitant on his shot, shoot it, if Coach pulls you out because you miss a shot then he should NEVER play Vannoy, ever he's really hurting this team.

If you read the post on big9basketball thread, rebelrebelman nailed it. Vannoy is ruining the year for these Seniors. Something needs to be done whether by the Seniors or by Coach Vaughn. Don't set back and let him make your FINAL year of basketball a disaster.

I agree with you cougarfan, until:

1) Vannoy realizes he's hurting his team or Coach Vaughn realizes it.

2) The Brown kid gets over his ankle injury, looked pretty good last night but still has a walking boot.

3) Roberts gets healthy again, has a stomach virus.

4) Coach Vaughn realizes that HYDEN CAN help this team and give him more minutes.

5) They get more production off the bench, Winchell has looked good at times as well as Harmon, Sturgill did his job vs. DB but needs to be more consistent. Hyden has looked good on the boards but is hesitant on his shot, shoot it, if Coach pulls you out because you miss a shot then he should NEVER play Vannoy, ever he's really hurting this team.

If you read the post on big9basketball thread, rebelrebelman nailed it. Vannoy is ruining the year for these Seniors. Something needs to be done whether by the Seniors or by Coach Vaughn. Don't set back and let him make your FINAL year of basketball a disaster.

we can only hope that the right people read all of these comments. We could get Coach V's phone number for ya...Better yet email him

I figured the DeVault's dunk would get the Cougars motivated in the 4th quater but I guess I was wrong.

A basic dunk may motivate the Cougars another night, but it really means very little to the Rebels to see it from an opponent. With, hands down, the top dunker in East Tennessee, in Andrew Pickwell, a simple dunk will not impress the Rebels nor change the momentum of one of their games. You'd really be amazed the kind of NBA calibur dunks the Rebels see from Pickwell every day. I personally haven't seen anyone who can elevate and put it down like that since ETSU's Calvin Talford. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

A basic dunk may motivate the Cougars another night, but it really means very little to the Rebels to see it from an opponent. With, hands down, the top dunker in East Tennessee, in Andrew Pickwell, a simple dunk will not impress the Rebels nor change the momentum of one of their games. You'd really be amazed the kind of NBA calibur dunks the Rebels see from Pickwell every day. I personally haven't seen anyone who can elevate and put it down like that since ETSU's Calvin Talford. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

The kid does have hops in a dunk contest but what else can he do? A dunk by another team is not intended to mean anything to you or to impress you, only to the team the dunk is for. Basic or not a dunk is a dunk is a dunk. Central does not see it very often and when they do they should get excited about it. IMO the game at South will be totally different. The Roberts kid hopefully will be 100% along with Brown, Albright should be in shape by then also.