unaka basketball

luvsbball

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutnoslack

They will be a young team this season but I promise you that they will be good after Christmas. This team is more athletic that last season but lacks height. But with Coach Ensor's still of play, in your face defense and running the ball up the floor their games will look more like a track meet. Bet the house on Hancock Co. or Cloudland even University High but when the season is over don't be surprised if Unaka is the one left standing.

If the game is at Unaka it might be a decent game. I

will certainly be rooting for the Rangers, but this may not be much of a contest. Temple should be very strong and capable of defending their title. I don't think the Rangers can replace the Seniors of last year (Cole, Collins and Aaron Dugger). Aaron Dugger is one of the better players to play in Northeast Tennessee in the last five years. Some names that come to mind in that list would be Brad Seal ofHancock Co. and Lincoln Memorial University, Ryan Lawson of Cherokee and ETSU, Gabe Story of Greeneville and Motlow State, Rob Love of Science Hill and Winthrop, Eric Coggins of Cosby and Roane State. I personnally think that Aaron Dugger was underated and Cole and Collins will be hard to replace. Last year Chambers and Cody Collins were the role players. Now the weight is on their back. I just don't see them having the bench to contend deep into say a Sub-state round. Although, I really respect the coaching staff starting with coach Ensor. He also has a guy who does a great job with the J.V. I was really impressed with the young kids they have there. I think they will be a year away. I will be pulling for them except against Hancock.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by luvsbball:

Can Unaka make it back to the state tournament next year.

if so whats it gonna take for them to get there again?

Don't count it They just dont have the talent like last year.Maybe the conf. but who knows if they want they can take it.How hungry r u Rangers?

Posted by crystal:

Dugger,Cole,Collins are gone no one there to make the big play sorry boys but watch out for Cloudland. :confused:

Sorry Crystal but I disagree. Last time I checked there were 5 players on the floor. We only lost three and we have more to replace those three. Granted, losing Dugger, Cole, and Collins hurt but I think when it's time to play ball, the Rangers will be ready.

You will be surprised at the progress made when kids live in gym. This group plays every night. They will be much quicker than last season and people might be shocked to see them now as opposed to back in the summer. They have pride in their program and I don't see it falling off that much regardless of who they lost. They have players quiet capable of stepping in and filling the shoes of those that have left. Coach Ensor will adjust his style of play to the talent that they have. Look for Unaka to be a tournament ready team when end of season rolls around. The Rangers don't rebuild up on the creek, they just reload!!!!!

You will be surprised at the progress made when kids live in gym. This group plays every night. They will be much quicker than last season and people might be shocked to see them now as opposed to back in the summer. They have pride in their program and I don't see it falling off that much regardless of who they lost. They have players quiet capable of stepping in and filling the shoes of those that have left. Coach Ensor will adjust his style of play to the talent that they have. Look for Unaka to be a tournament ready team when end of season rolls around. The Rangers don't rebuild up on the creek, they just reload!!!!!

I have to agree with catchdog. Our boys will be ready for this basket ball season. I admit that Dugger, Cole, and Collins were great players and they will be greatly missed by all of us fans but we are still in the game guys. We have some of the greatest players around and they are dedicated to their ball playing. Rusty Chambers is a great player and so is Cody Collins but what about the other players we have. Josh Jones is a stong player and dont forget that our JV team was also great last year. Look for great things to come out of Derek Cline and Daniel McInturff

See all we do here on the creek is RELOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!