New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today that Oak Ridge has approached Ron Gray about what kind of staff he could put together. That is a 100% fact. I will be very surprised if he is not the new head coach

GOOD Parents that think taking their kid somewhere else usally aren't good for programs anyway.Programs take commitment from everyone involved and if you don't believe in a coach the best thing to do is leave as you said you will.

I heard today that Oak Ridge has approached Ron Gray about what kind of staff he could put together. That is a 100% fact. I will be very surprised if he is not the new head coach.

The Pemberton situation is a little strange too. He was gung-ho about helping Ron get the OR job a while back and even wrote him a letter of recommendation...then all the sudden he jumped in the mix and then turned it down. I wonder if he was using OR to leverage a better deal from Catholic? Any KC fans here know the story?

You can bet it won't be anyone from Bearden or Karns. Maybe the A.D will work with him.

It's amazing, after 3 months of searching and dozens of applicants for the job the best candidate was right here all along....and it was Mullins best friend. Who would have guessed? If that is the case then OR fans got shafted again and the football program is doomed. It will be a divided town and many quality players won't play. What a shame if this is true.

Ole Dad

You can bet it won't be anyone from Bearden or Karns. Maybe the A.D will work with him.

It's amazing, after 3 months of searching and dozens of applicants for the job the best candidate was right here all along....and it was Mullins best friend. Who would have guessed? If that is the case then OR fans got shafted again and the football program is doomed. It will be a divided town and many quality players won't play. What a shame if this is true.

Ole Dad

Ignorant biased in opinion. Ron will put the 11 best football players on the field...does that mean the 11 best athletes? Does that mean the 11 nicest guys? No it means the 11 best FOOTBALL PLAYERS. We will see an attitude change with the players...there will be leadership, accountability, and hard work. If I'm wrong and things stay the same or get worse, I will come back and eat a truck load of crow....but I'm 100% sure I won't be wrong.

I am a little disappointed in this board. With all of the great minds that know everything that goes on in Oak Ridge, the only reason that is given as to why Ron Gray is a option for the head coach of Oak Ridge is the fact that he and Coach Mullins are friends. Come on there has got to be better reasons.

Lets take alook. Numerous playoff games. Numerous players named for post season awards. Look at the names atop of the record books in Oak Ridge Football in offensive stats and you will probably find guys that played in Grays offense. Porter, McMahon, Booker, Gulmire(sp). Then you look at the number of lineman that won awards Josh Anderson, Jonas Burnam, Micheal Beehan, just to name a few. He is a good coach.

Villeram said that he puts the 11 best football players on the field. that is true. I am a perfect example. I wasnt very athletic but coach gave me a chance. So if you are gonna take your kids away form OR just because of the football coach then we dont want you here anyway.

So people I have a challenge for you . No matter who takes over(whenever that finally comes) lets get back to what we do best. Lets win football games. Lets find the tradition that Oak Ridge is known for.

Lets Roll Wildcats Roll.

I am a little disappointed in this board. With all of the great minds that know everything that goes on in Oak Ridge, the only reason that is given as to why Ron Gray is a option for the head coach of Oak Ridge is the fact that he and Coach Mullins are friends. Come on there has got to be better reasons.

Lets take alook. Numerous playoff games. Numerous players named for post season awards. Look at the names atop of the record books in Oak Ridge Football in offensive stats and you will probably find guys that played in Grays offense. Porter, McMahon, Booker, Gulmire(sp). Then you look at the number of lineman that won awards Josh Anderson, Jonas Burnam, Micheal Beehan, just to name a few. He is a good coach.

Villeram said that he puts the 11 best football players on the field. that is true. I am a perfect example. I wasnt very athletic but coach gave me a chance. So if you are gonna take your kids away form OR just because of the football coach then we dont want you hear anyway.

So people I have a challenge for you . No matter who takes over(whenever that finally comes) lets get back to what we do best. Lets win football games. Lets find the tradition that Oak Ridge is known for.

Lets Roll Wildcats Roll.

Great post!

If a great canidate with head coaching exp had applied, I am sure the board would have hired him.

[has approached Ron Gray about what kind of staff he could put together. That is a 100% fact. I will be very surprised if he is not the new head coach

If that is indeed true then my son will not be attending Oak Ridge High school when it is his time.

" Let me get this straight, you were ok with your son going to OR when SS was the coach ..yet you are offended by Ron Gray?

Wow. What did he do that could even compare to SS?

I will find out where SS is going so you can send your kid there"