New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaylor? really? That one is a shock.

Yesterday I heard that each one that I mentioned had been offered the job, so while the source is pretty good, that obviously didn't happen. Your guess is as good as mine. The sense that I get though, is that our people think that they are close to wrapping this up.

That makes the most sense. I wouldn't give him too much time. I am sick of people turning our job down. Either he wants to be here, or he doesn't. Let's find a proven winner, who wants to be here, and can get our program to a championship level again.

How do you honestly think you will get a championship caliber coach when the school will not allow new coach to bring in any assistants with him. Your expectations do not meet the reality of the situation. I don't care if you hire Bill Parcells, he cannot do it alone!

How do you honestly think you will get a championship caliber coach when the school will not allow new coach to bring in any assistants with him. Your expectations do not meet the reality of the situation. I don't care if you hire Bill Parcells, he cannot do it alone!

The school MUST allow the new coach to bring some assistants. The committment must be made. This program MUST be allowed to turn around.

I agree rallykat, but with the economy and budget cuts as they are, I think it will be awfully tough to bring in a bunch of people.

I agree about a BUNCH of people, but whomever the coach is, he MUST be allowed to bring in 2-3 of his top assistants. I believe that we absolutely have to make that type of committment to get our program back on track. Besides, we need to gut the current staff as much as possible.

I'm in OR once or so a month. Want to grab a beer? Love to meet a rabid OR fan. Still a Ridger. I left OR to make a living and go back to college for a Master's Degree. Both accomplished.

Ole Dad

Just asking Ole Dad, try not to get upset. Say, why did you leave OR anyway, someone just told me the story the other day, what is your version?

Yesterday I heard that each one that I mentioned had been offered the job, so while the source is pretty good, that obviously didn't happen. Your guess is as good as mine. The sense that I get though, is that our people think that they are close to wrapping this up.

The school had a list of coaches they have been offering the job and they keep getting turned down, I don't see a high caliber coach coming without being able to build his staff. It seems maybe the OR football program doesn't have the luster it had in the past, coaches like Gaylor Pemberiton aren't going to leave their good situation for uncertain furtures. OR good offer Pemberiton the job 20 times he has told the people at KC that he is staying, his interest was only for leverage nothing more. Don't worry guys the AD will find someone on his list that wants the job even if they have to resort to offering the job to the least likely one.