OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL 2009 AND BEYOND

VOID70

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lovehsfootball, don't worry about me and who I am but the fact is it did happen and Foster was contacted by Tommy Layne after he was contacted by the head coach at Central. Also Ronnie Carter was made aware of the situation. Bottomline is that you have folks at Central in the new principal and coach who are going to fight to keep kids zoned to Central at Central. The school at Central is top of the line and they have the academic scores and graduation rates to prove it. Tell me what faculty, teachers and etc. are moving to Ooltewah? This time a coach at Ooltewah slipped up and got caught. The athletic programs will continue to improve as they keep kids in their schools. Central's football team showed that trend with only 5 seniors on the team. They had a total of 16 upperclassmen Jr. and Sr. Underclassmen on the other hand(Fr. and So.) they had 35. So it seems the tide is turning. No hard feelings just wanted to put the facts out there have a Merry Christmas!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO YOU TOO..all youll get is alump of coal in your stocking for spreading false rumors. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Gatewood is getting a supplement, he was only a volunteer the first year he returned from Velocity. They are already intervueing people for Coach Gatewoods position. Henderson's spot will not be hard to fill either - PE teaching spots will attract lots of attention from football coaches. The interesting thing will be if any of the volunteer coaches follow Gatewood to EHHS. Couch helped him before Benny was at Ooltewah and before he was the Head Coach at David Brainerd. Davis was the Defensive Coord. at Ooltewah when Gatewood was the head coach, neither of them have any ties to Coach Monroe other than the past couple of years.

Coach Davis was the HEAD COACH at Ooltewah in the late 70's and 80's. I believe Coach Henderson will be sorely missed as he made the kids accountable and he could relate to them as he is only 25 or so himself. I will be surprised if Coach Couch returns as he and Gatewood have been close for a long time. If he returns, it might be to simply keep people from having hard feelings.

This is going to be a difficult transition for Gatewood because the administration is going to try to keep the very athletes that Gatewood will need from transfering and if you people don't think this is going to hurt Ooltewah, think again. A lot of the kids that are there for the academics are sick of the crap they have to put up with. What is happening to Ooltewah is what happened to Central when Tyner more or less closed.

If Bennie Monroe remains, which I don't expect after next season, I look for his Ooltewah teams to be very similar in numbers(very small) to his Cleveland teams. I also expect Ooltewah to be a squad of mainly minorities.....not there is anything wrong with that but certainly not represenative of the community. I think the East Brainerd school will be more or less a community school.

I also fully expect Coach Green to become the head coach when Monroe retires. If Foster wants to stem the tide of good kids and athletes leaving, than he needs to take a stand and when these kids get thrown in jail they need to be kicked off the team. It's embarassing to the community when these issues are overlooked and tolerated. If the community is embarrassed and NOT being represented, the funding and support will cease and follow the folks to East Brainerd.

Owlpride, a little sensitive aren't we!! No need to get personal as far as calling the school a joke. I believe the Ooltewah school has seen alot more negative press here the last few years than your counterparts down in Harrison. You just said so yourself in the previous post, about players getting in trouble and not being held accountable. Also the their have been other things such as the threat of gang violence when a majority of the school was absent one day last year as well. Academic problems as Ooltewah did not meet AYP last year. It is hard for you Owl fans to say anything positive about Central just as it is hard for us Central supporters to say anything positive about the neighbors up the road. As far as the schedule goes why would Central want to play a school that has over 900 more students than they do and are not in the same classification? Second, from what I hear, the administration's stance is we will play again once the Owls quit trying to get all the Central zoned athletes. As far as myself being a joke, I like to tell one everynow and then so keep in touch and I might tell ya one sometime!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I am done with this topic so I will finish by saying I have no hard feelings toward you Owl pride all I want is the best for Central. Let Us play with the kids zoned for here and you guys plays with the kids zoned for there. Central does not want the kids that are not zoned for CHS but they do want Ooltewah to leave the kids alone that are not zoned for the "Owlsnest "as you call it. Good luck and have a Happy New Year!!

What,I think is HILARIOUS....is warthead is implying that Ooltewah's sucess and central absolute failure is because OOLTEWAH COACHES(all coaches,incliuding gatewood etc..) have been recruiting all the good players from central zones!!!! because the owls have been winning since before MONROE got there. CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL has been horrible at everything(except baseball as of late) for 30 some odd years. and for some of these so called owl-backers,that think ooltewah will fade away into the once pathetic,embarassing SPORTS program(like central),it used to be....don't worry,the football team will not be all black,the baseball team will not be any less talented in years to come. Everthing will come out in the wash. EAST BRIANERD will do fine maybe?..,..Ooltewah will just fine,no doubt.

I said I was finished with this topic but you guys and your name calling along with the classy posting skills drew me back in. 1st off let me break it down so EVERYONE can understand. I NEVER said Hunter was off limits to Ooltewah! As long as they are talking to Ooltewah zoned students there is NO problem. I know, just like you, it is a split zoned school. The problem is that Ooltewah is not allowed to contact athletes or students not zoned for their school to invite them to workouts and such, when this happens they are in violation of TSSAA rules. Second if 8th graders that are not zoned for your school are participating in workouts then it is in direct violation of TSSAA rules also. Even if a student plans on trying to get a hardship, athletics is NEVER supposed to be one, those are not granted until May or June so the student is considered a Central student until the time it is approved. Now students zoned for the Owls are allowed to workout and can be contacted, as I said earlier no problems there. Finally bipbopzot, as Iwill refer to you by your correct screen name and not resort to the namecalling, I NEVER said that all of the Pounders problems were caused by Ooltewah or however it was worded by you. Have their been players go to other schools that could have helped, yes. Also has Ooltewah benefited from some Central zoned players, yes. I wold correct you that Central football was playing pretty welly in the early 200s and gave Maryville a run for their money in 03. They also Hung 50 something on the Owls as Michael Davenport scored 5 TDs I believe. So to say they have been horrible for 30 something years is a bit of a stretch even for you. On to the Owls future, Coach Gatewood turned that program at Ooltewah into a winner bottomline. Monroe has done nothing more than maintain what Coach Gatewood built. He will be missed whether you believe it or not and I believe he will pull some athletes away from the Owls. Good luck next year and goodnight to all!!

I said I was finished with this topic but you guys and your name calling along with the classy posting skills drew me back in. 1st off let me break it down so EVERYONE can understand. I NEVER said Hunter was off limits to Ooltewah! As long as they are talking to Ooltewah zoned students there is NO problem. I know, just like you, it is a split zoned school. The problem is that Ooltewah is not allowed to contact athletes or students not zoned for their school to invite them to workouts and such, when this happens they are in violation of TSSAA rules. Second if 8th graders that are not zoned for your school are participating in workouts then it is in direct violation of TSSAA rules also. Even if a student plans on trying to get a hardship, athletics is NEVER supposed to be one, those are not granted until May or June so the student is considered a Central student until the time it is approved. Now students zoned for the Owls are allowed to workout and can be contacted, as I said earlier no problems there. Finally bipbopzot, as Iwill refer to you by your correct screen name and not resort to the namecalling, I NEVER said that all of the Pounders problems were caused by Ooltewah or however it was worded by you. Have their been players go to other schools that could have helped, yes. Also has Ooltewah benefited from some Central zoned players, yes. I wold correct you that Central football was playing pretty welly in the early 200s and gave Maryville a run for their money in 03. They also Hung 50 something on the Owls as Michael Davenport scored 5 TDs I believe. So to say they have been horrible for 30 something years is a bit of a stretch even for you. On to the Owls future, Coach Gatewood turned that program at Ooltewah into a winner bottomline. Monroe has done nothing more than maintain what Coach Gatewood built. He will be missed whether you believe it or not and I believe he will pull some athletes away from the Owls. Good luck next year and goodnight to all!!

I do not disagree with anything in this post. Monroe inherited a program like Fulmer did when he replaced Majors. There were a lot of old timers against his hiring because of the reputation of Cleveland and the win at all costs attitude. He lost alot of supporters in '07 after the Ridgeland fiasco. Monroe will be at Ooltewah one more year then he will support Coach Green to become the head coach.