OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL 2009 AND BEYOND

VOID70

How would any coach know they were talking to a "out of zone"kid,if they were talking to a group of kids in gym class...furthermore,CENTRAL has be horrible for 30yrs!!!! The year,YOU speak of.....was no great feat: everybody beat ooltewah(it was a down year for the owls),besides that central won its first 5 games then barely beat 3 PATHETIC teams.....hixson only won 3 games that year,red bank won only 2 games and POWELL(1st round opp) walked in the play-offs with 4 BIG VICTORIES!!!! and as for the maryville game,they won 27/9 hardly giving them everything they wanted...they absolutely whooped the mighty pounders.So if,the one team central had went 8 n 4,played no one except TYNER( who absolutely destroyed central),is all you've got in over 30 yrs....yes central has and will always be terrible,unless they build another school some where else and combine central and tyner.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when an Owl coach calls an 8th graders parent and asks them which school does the parent want their child to attend? That is a whole new set of issues and that, my friend, is the issue that the Dawg is bringing up. If you do not know all the facts then you might not want to resort to the namecalling because that can hurt you in the long run. I have no dog in the fight but I have been informed of some of the issues. I hope BOTH Central and Ooltewah do well. I just want them to do it fair and with hard work!

Wardawg,

I owe you an apology. I found out more about the incident in question today. If the coach that did this had just said when facilities were open in an open meeting type situation, I don't think that there would have been a problem. When someone said that they were not zoned for Ooltewah and the coach mentioned filing a hardship. that's a problem. Once again, I am sorry about not knowing ALL of the facts.

Thanks thorough97 for your post. You, owlpride and hootowlhollow have showed class and respect in your posts. You guys have discussed this issue without throwing mud or name calling and I appreciate that. As I said before I wish NO ill will toward Ooltewah. Just being supportive of my school and it is hard for Coach Barger to build a quality program when the players he is counting on are being asked to file hardships and such. If a kid decides to move to Ooltewah and go to school there fine, but if you are going to live in Central's zone then go to the school you are zoned for. The removal of hardships and the enforcement of schools zones by the HCDE would help relieve the overcrowding in some schools, like Ooltewah. The HCDE is talking cuts and needing to eliminate 20 million dollars yet they have built East Hamilton and Signal Mnt. schools that have and will be staffed. Sounds like that money could have been used in other places but that is an entirely different topic.Bipbopzot, if the coach is going to speak to the football players on behalf of his school then all he has to do is ask the principal to allow him to speak to the players that are zoned for his school only. Finally, talking in gym class to a kid is one thing but calling the kid, and continuing to talk to the parents and kid about a hardship after he has been told the student is zoned for another school is a totally different issue!! Anyway thanks guys for letting me vent my frustration with this issue after I had been informed of it. That issue really fired me up as you could tell. Again Good luck next year to the Owls.

Thanks thorough97 for your post. You, owlpride and hootowlhollow have showed class and respect in your posts. You guys have discussed this issue without throwing mud or name calling and I appreciate that. As I said before I wish NO ill will toward Ooltewah. Just being supportive of my school and it is hard for Coach Barger to build a quality program when the players he is counting on are being asked to file hardships and such. If a kid decides to move to Ooltewah and go to school there fine, but if you are going to live in Central's zone then go to the school you are zoned for. The removal of hardships and the enforcement of schools zones by the HCDE would help relieve the overcrowding in some schools, like Ooltewah. The HCDE is talking cuts and needing to eliminate 20 million dollars yet they have built East Hamilton and Signal Mnt. schools that have and will be staffed. Sounds like that money could have been used in other places but that is an entirely different topic.Bipbopzot, if the coach is going to speak to the football players on behalf of his school then all he has to do is ask the principal to allow him to speak to the players that are zoned for his school only. Finally, talking in gym class to a kid is one thing but calling the kid, and continuing to talk to the parents and kid about a hardship after he has been told the student is zoned for another school is a totally different issue!! Anyway thanks guys for letting me vent my frustration with this issue after I had been informed of it. That issue really fired me up as you could tell. Again Good luck next year to the Owls.

so,Iguessing central will be a threat and a power for years to come,since you have cleared all this mess up? BOTTOM-LINE: central is terrible...not trying to be mean,but they will be terrible for ever,unless they tear ooltewah down and split I-75 half for east hamilton..the other for central.,.that's never going to happen,so central will be the worst team in town forever and always.,.not enough talent on the highway..the talent that is there goes to TYNER(talk about recruiting).....this thread was started for ooltewah football,not stirring up rumors and lies....IT'S YOUR WORD AGAINST ANYBODY ELSES..PERIOD!!! NO PROOF!!! GO OWLS!!!! NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR!!!

bbz.

It DID happen. Talk to the people in the office at Ooltewah and they will tell you that it happened. I know this thread is to talk about Owl football, but this happened and should be discussed. And IMO, you are wrong about this. If you want to talk to me about this, come see me at a basketball game. I'm not hard at all to find. I'll start wearing my hat I wore during football season to basketball games (just don't try to talk to me during the game, I'm usually busy)

bbz.

It DID happen. Talk to the people in the office at Ooltewah and they will tell you that it happened. I know this thread is to talk about Owl football, but this happened and should be discussed. And IMO, you are wrong about this. If you want to talk to me about this, come see me at a basketball game. I'm not hard at all to find. I'll start wearing my hat I wore during football season to basketball games (just don't try to talk to me during the game, I'm usually busy)

front office? I wouldn't believe anything out of the front office.....with that being said,if you think it happened,I might believe you,but,I'm still not sure anybody knows excatly what happened.Monroe or who ever,I don't think is dumb enough to do something so silly and stupid.Monroe is smarter than that.,.I would think?

bbz.

These coaches would be better served by recruiting the gym classes and halls of Ooltewah High School. If this indeed happened then Central has every right to be upset. When I was in school the roles were reversed because several kids zoned for Ooltewah attended Central. Nobody wanted to attend the so called "hick" school. So, from that standpoint, it's kind of funny.

More on point, I think this shows a skewed since of importance placed on high school athletics. Once you graduate from high school, NOBODY CARES! Rather, once your elgibility ends, NOBODY CARES! I think high school athletics is great as long as it is put in its proper perspective. I have been outspoken in the past about coaches not caring about character and if this is true than in my opinion it is par for the course.

My fear is that my school and my alma mater's reputation is going to be tarnished. Cleveland High was a football factory composed of characters of ill repute....Donte Hickey,Tony Stiles, Parks boys, on and on....

Think so? You may want to research some Cleveland history? Hint: (got bail)

REALLY? I keep hearing about ALL THIS STUFF,but nobody seems to give any proof.......show me and everybody on here, proof.....something anything.............................I'll wait...................................come on SERIOUSLY,SOMEBODY,ANYBODY print out,send out a website,a link to cleveland or bradley police records office,file,something.Get actual names,and people to come on here and tell me and anybody else all this unlawful,rule breaking stuff that went on at cleveland and supposedly at ooltewah NOW!!! I won't beleive it UNTIL,somebody gives me proof. I don't excactly love monroe,but,if this guy was this BAD and CROOKED and such a snake in the grass.,.WHY,would FOSTER n company hire him?WHY would hamilton county let him in the school system? NOW,show me proof and I'll will shut-up and stop defending him and ooltewah,but until then,lay off him and every other coach,until there's proof.

REALLY? I keep hearing about ALL THIS STUFF,but nobody seems to give any proof.......show me and everybody on here, proof.....something anything.............................I'll wait...................................come on SERIOUSLY,SOMEBODY,ANYBODY print out,send out a website,a link to cleveland or bradley police records office,file,something.Get actual names,and people to come on here and tell me and anybody else all this unlawful,rule breaking stuff that went on at cleveland and supposedly at ooltewah NOW!!! I won't beleive it UNTIL,somebody gives me proof. I don't excactly love monroe,but,if this guy was this BAD and CROOKED and such a snake in the grass.,.WHY,would FOSTER n company hire him?WHY would hamilton county let him in the school system? NOW,show me proof and I'll will shut-up and stop defending him and ooltewah,but until then,lay off him and every other coach,until there's proof.

Come on Void...you know better. How is it Monroe's star players like Donte Hickey and Tony Styles were always elgible at Cleveland but could not get into UT? This was during an era when it was much easier than it is now to get into school.

Look at how the Ridgeland situation was handled last season. I suggest you talk to former SRO Easley about how Monroe handled that situation. I'm sure he will be happy to fill you in. Did you see how much smaller the game program was this year?