OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL 2009 AND BEYOND

VOID70

Come on Void...you know better. How is it Monroe's star players like Donte Hickey and Tony Styles were always elgible at Cleveland but could not get into UT? This was during an era when it was much easier than it is now to get into school.

Look at how the Ridgeland situation was handled last season. I suggest you talk to former SRO Easley about how Monroe handled that situation. I'm sure he will be happy to fill you in. Did you see how much smaller the game program was this year?

What? Proof...give me proof. SO let me get this straight,when someone is hired as the head football coach,THEY(headcoach) automatically becomes the "GODFATHER",he controls the grades,the halls,the community,all the staff and administrators......always a secret conspricey.Come on pride..you know some players don't THINK past high school and they take certian courses just to get by a semester.,.then when its time to play college ball,they don't care or are so far behind,its pointless. And how do you know all this? And the ridgeland situation?..what about it? NOBODY from ooltewah hit anybody or broke any law,don't rehash this again,please.So no-one can go outside the school grounds and do anything,because when your in highschool remember the highschool OWNS YOU,right? I don't care what any SRO has to say about incident,unless HE WAS THERE at ridgeland..and he wasn't.,.and it isn't any of his business what they(school) does anyway...the sro has one job take care of what happens on school grounds that involve him,thats it.The sro is not an administrator. Yeah,I saw how many kids where on the team...SO WHAT? every year is different,what's your point? AGAIN,I suggest this either give some legitimate proof..not rumor,not hear-say,proof.Nobody can,so..I'll ask again,WHAT ABOUT OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL next year(players,coaches,college prospects,other than smith),any new comers? rising stars..etc......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Proof...give me proof. SO let me get this straight,when someone is hired as the head football coach,THEY(headcoach) automatically becomes the "GODFATHER",he controls the grades,the halls,the community,all the staff and administrators......always a secret conspricey.Come on pride..you know some players don't THINK past high school and they take certian courses just to get by a semester.,.then when its time to play college ball,they don't care or are so far behind,its pointless. And how do you know all this? And the ridgeland situation?..what about it? NOBODY from ooltewah hit anybody or broke any law,don't rehash this again,please.So no-one can go outside the school grounds and do anything,because when your in highschool remember the highschool OWNS YOU,right? I don't care what any SRO has to say about incident,unless HE WAS THERE at ridgeland..and he wasn't.,.and it isn't any of his business what they(school) does anyway...the sro has one job take care of what happens on school grounds that involve him,thats it.The sro is not an administrator. Yeah,I saw how many kids where on the team...SO WHAT? every year is different,what's your point? AGAIN,I suggest this either give some legitimate proof..not rumor,not hear-say,proof.Nobody can,so..I'll ask again,WHAT ABOUT OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL next year(players,coaches,college prospects,other than smith),any new comers? rising stars..etc......

I hear Delaney,Putnam, and Reed are being recruited fairly hard. I'm hearing Bruell and Paty to the o-line with an outside shot of Jacques also moving to o-line but he will likely remain at TE. I'm hearing a couple of linemen may return but can you count on them? I'm hearing we may run some version of the veer to take advantage of our qbs running skills. Good nucleus returning on defense...the key will be rebuilding the offensive line and finding some playmakers on offense. I think you'll see Brady to Jacquez a lot and the tb will be Eric ?. There doesn't appear to be a lot of depth.

Owlpride has been on the smear Monroe campaign all along. I for one am SICK to death of it. You mean to tell me that you are stupid enough to think all kids that go to high school and play football automatically have to grades to go to a div 1 school?? You are such an idiot OWLPRIDE. Are you stupid enough to believe that as successful as Monroe has been that all his haters would have busted him GOD knows they want to?? The STADIUM is named after him at CLEVELAND. YOU obviously have a personal problem with him. First you were saying he couldn't coach...couldn't call plays...now you are accusing him of illegal activities. I personally would like you to SHUT UP. Many great players became great men that played for Coach Monroe. Doug Green being one of many. The Cobb Twins are now teachers and coaches..Mike Jenne is a successful lawyer..the Calfees are sucessful doctors and businessmen. I have a degree in business mangement. You need to SHUT up and change your screen name. Did you want Coach Monroe to throw all those kids under the bus in the Ridgeland incident??? No he wasn't at RIDGELAND he was at the Farragut Bearden game scouting. He is close to his players and to this day past players go by and see him. Not every kid has the best opportunties in life. Coach tries to help those players as well. Go ask his players. He doesn't care if you are black, white, green or pink rich or poor or who your Daddy is.. if you are the best player at that position you will play. He cares about you as a person. I KNOW I PLAYED FOR HIM. He is a great coach a good person. If you don't stop getting on here and slamming him I am going to call up eveyone that I know that played for him and get them on here. Meet me in person and talk this crap. I would love to!

Owlpride has been on the smear Monroe campaign all along. I for one am SICK to death of it. You mean to tell me that you are stupid enough to think all kids that go to high school and play football automatically have to grades to go to a div 1 school?? You are such an idiot OWLPRIDE. Are you stupid enough to believe that as successful as Monroe has been that all his haters would have busted him GOD knows they want to?? The STADIUM is named after him at CLEVELAND. YOU obviously have a personal problem with him. First you were saying he couldn't coach...couldn't call plays...now you are accusing him of illegal activities. I personally would like you to SHUT UP. Many great players became great men that played for Coach Monroe. Doug Green being one of many. The Cobb Twins are now teachers and coaches..Mike Jenne is a successful lawyer..the Calfees are sucessful doctors and businessmen. I have a degree in business mangement. You need to SHUT up and change your screen name. Did you want Coach Monroe to throw all those kids under the bus in the Ridgeland incident??? No he wasn't at RIDGELAND he was at the Farragut Bearden game scouting. He is close to his players and to this day past players go by and see him. Not every kid has the best opportunties in life. Coach tries to help those players as well. Go ask his players. He doesn't care if you are black, white, green or pink rich or poor or who your Daddy is.. if you are the best player at that position you will play. He cares about you as a person. I KNOW I PLAYED FOR HIM. He is a great coach a good person. If you don't stop getting on here and slamming him I am going to call up eveyone that I know that played for him and get them on here. Meet me in person and talk this crap. I would love to!

Let me tell you something LovesHS, I don't give two hoots about Cleveland,Tn! My school, my alma mater is Ooltewah High!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be @ Ooltewah High School watching the Owls long after Bennie Monroe and you are gone. Let me get this straight, you think it's ok to belittle a 17 year old qb but the coach is off limits? That's kind of sick. I'm not the only one that was disgusted with the way the Ridgeland incident was handled. Back off!

Let me tell you something LovesHS, I don't give two hoots about Cleveland,Tn! My school, my alma mater is Ooltewah High!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be @ Ooltewah High School watching the Owls long after Bennie Monroe and you are gone. Let me get this straight, you think it's ok to belittle a 17 year old qb but the coach is off limits? That's kind of sick. I'm not the only one that was disgusted with the way the Ridgeland incident was handled. Back off!

Back off you?? Not a chance. I never belittled anyone..I never attacked his character just discussing the topic.That is sick? Youre gonna tell me I am SICK. I bet i am not the only one that thought that the QB play was in question...just talking about the football play. NOT THE KID...You on the other hand...have not one clue what you are talking about. I invite you to go back and read my previous post. Show me where I BELITTLED ANYONE. Did I comment on the weak QB play? YEP and in your WORDs.. IAM NOT THE ONLY ONE..believe that. Who do you think will be running the VEER you are talkin about? God help us all if it is not who you think should be. Where you get all this INFO is beyond me. I am done with you on here cause if you were the BIG Ooltewah ALUM and supporteryou say you are you wouldn't be talkin all this BULL..how is all the crap you are spewing helping the program ..HOW??? Oh yeah and by the way..I don't give two HOOTS or even three about YOU. If you weren't such an Idiot you wouldn't spend all you time stirring up trouble and support the current program...cause ultimately the COACHES, ADMINISTRATION, FANS or Players dont' need all your negativity or your HOOTS. GO OWLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow... I have been gone for the holidays and come back to hear a whole lot of bickering but not a lot about football. I think the Owls have a lot of depth in the running back and receiving departments but will be really thin in the linemen positions. With that said, I think putting Jordan Paty on the offensive line will help the offense but will make him a little less effective on defense because of wearing down. That is two though positions to go both ways. But if they can give him a breather every now and then, he will do fine. I hope they leave Brandon Bruell at full back and give him more carries. He was very impressive this year. I also like it when we use him as a lead blocker to help give the RB a quick boost through the holes.

Who are the back up players from this years team that will step in to give the needed boost? And does anyone know the OHS 2009 Football Schedule?

Looking forward to seeing the Owls play basketball Tuesday night. I hear several of the football players have really given the basketball team a good boost. And just for the record... I think Kevin Adams and Bubba Haney (Soddy) got the shaft from the Best of Preps selection. Kevin on any other area team looks like King Of The Mountain, but being at OHS he was over shadowed by Jaques. And Bubba... well let's just say I am glad he is graduating because he was THE Soddy threat on both sides of the ball.

Go owls and I hope to see a lot of you at the basketball game Tuesday night. I hear Walker Valley is tough and will need all of our voices to help boost the Owls!

I dont know who wardawg is or any of the other people on here are that have defeneded Central. But after reading all of these posts it seems to me that ya'll all think Monroe?? is a lame duck and Gatewood was the programs road map. If that was truely the case why in the world would someone as good as gatewood leave and much more why would he decide to come back and work for such a sorry coach as ya'll describe monroe on this site. I dont understand?? gateood was obviously good to get the program where it was, but surely Monroe isnt that bad I mean he is like a legand.

By the way i came from college at MTSU to watch that 03 game and if the davenport kid is the same one that wore #6 he scored 6 td's that night and could have had as many as he wanted.

From what I have been told the Central coaches should stop worrying about the Hunter kids so much and do like my old coach and get the kids that are on his campus at Brown?? to stay and play and not go else wher.

Just a silent observer but does the present head coach at central even have a relationship with his kids at brown????

The answer 2 your question Macontiger4ever would be I am sure he does but if you would like to know why don't you call and ask him. I am not saying Monroe is not a good coach or even a legend as you state it but that he took over an established program that gatewood had built. He HAS maintained the program and kept them competitive but has not moved them to the next level as of yet. He may in the future. Maybe you guys up in Macon can find a coach that will build a program, how about bringing your former coach back? Just an outsiders view. Good luck in your coaching search.