Clay Co. @ Pickett Co.

7asuperfan

Who wins this one? I haven't seen Clay Co. play this season? Are they similar to they were last year? I think this game is ultimately gonna come down to which PC team shows up. If the PC team that played against Clarkrange shows up, then this should be 10 or 15 points, if its the team that played Monterey, then it could be a 20 point swing the other way. I'm excited to watch this one. Also, Tarah Garner is gonna be back in her first game since breaking her wrist, this should give the Lady Cats a big boost, both offensively and defensively.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAME OF THE YEAR?????? Pickett Co. girls are really good, especially with Kayla Gibson and now Garner coming back, Celina also good. Should be a good game to watch...this one could be OT....2OT....or more. RBS game was OT win for both, Celina by 2 and PC by 10 both in OT. Gonna be a fun game to watch I say PCHS by 5 in OT.

Well by 2 or by 5 points, there is one think we have to remember, they've been playing every game up to this point without Garner. She is extremely important to this team, her and Gibson are 1 and 1a to this team's success. You will see a big difference in this Lady Bobcat team in the next couple of months. Here's some reasoning for that:

1) Size. Garner gives Gibson another taller person @ the guard position, which to this point has been a problem. It gives them another taller guard to make those post entry passes and can see the floor better than the smaller guards we currently have.

2) Scoring. Up to this point, Kayla Gibson has had the scoring weight completely on her shoulders. By the fourth quarter you can see she is very tired. Garner has the ability to score 20-30 points a game, which will take a lot of pressure off of Kayla.

3) Defense. This defense has been a bright spot for the most part, but anytime you can get more size on defense you take it. Garner can defend the forwards or guards.

I think this game can be 10 points or more if thats how PC wants to make it.

This one was a CCHS win dominantly pretty much! Not that they dominated but they were never in jeopardy of losing the game really. PC tied it up a couple of times but continually shot themselves in the foot via turnovers and TERRIBLE shot selection. Kayla Gibson being in foul trouble hurt PC ALOT....more than I can describe on here. Nice to see Tarah Garner back in uniform...big lift from her tonight. Takes some weight off of Kayla's shoulders and when they get back in rhythm after the break here this will be one FUN team to watch. Nice job for Garner dropping either 19 or 21 one. Also good job by Kayla Kimes in this one...no telling how many she had..15 free ones I bet. Sydney Roach also played well in limited minutes..if I seen it right it was 5 pts in about 10 minutes of time.......Not bad for a freshman! Good luck to both teams from here on..

I'm discussed with our girls this season. They under achieve every year, so maybe now they will understand why I don't get to their games until half time. This team was supposed to challenge Jackson Co. for the #2 spot in the district, Instead, they had to take RBS to over time to win, lost at an awful Monterey, played hard but lost big to JC and Clarkrange, and then come out and simply stink against Clay Co. Way too many three point attempts in the 1st half, way too many turnovers for a team that doesn't create a lot of them. This team had/has a chance to be a substate or state tournament team, but they are underachieving something awful. Lindsey Owen couldn't stand up tonight, everytime she got a rebound or a pass, she fell to her knees, she just has no strength what so ever. Garrett couldn't hit the broad side of the barn until the second half, and Gibson was in foul trouble. Good thing Garner was back because if she wasn't this one would have been even worse. These girls better wake up or they are gonna be hurting for wins going into district tournament play. Wake up girls! and congrats to Clay Co. for winning this one, ya did what ya had to.

I think Kimes showed up and played a heck of a game!!! She had 16pts!!! Garner and Garrett for PC did good. I think Ogletree and Watson needs to step up. I can not believe how much Kirk has improved she gets better every game!!! I hope to see Clay coutny ranked number 2 in the district tourny!!

CC and PC and JC are not that much different. I think JC has to RELY ALOT on Leonard, whereas PC and CC has multiple scorers. I honestly thought that PC has more big play players than CC does, especially with Gibson, Garret, and now Garner, but they sure did not play like it. I agree with the earlier post if these girls do not wake up it will just be another dissappointing season for the Lady Cats. I thought this was the best team they have had in some time now, but they are not playing very well at all. They will hopefully get it together and be ready come tourney time...need the #2 seed in the District Tournament so we avoid getting C'Range in the 2nd round of Region, assuming of course that we make the regional tournament, which at this point is not guaranteed!!!

CC and PC and JC are not that much different. I think JC has to RELY ALOT on Leonard, whereas PC and CC has multiple scorers. I honestly thought that PC has more big play players than CC does, especially with Gibson, Garret, and now Garner, but they sure did not play like it. I agree with the earlier post if these girls do not wake up it will just be another dissappointing season for the Lady Cats. I thought this was the best team they have had in some time now, but they are not playing very well at all. They will hopefully get it together and be ready come tourney time...need the #2 seed in the District Tournament so we avoid getting C'Range in the 2nd round of Region, assuming of course that we make the regional tournament, which at this point is not guaranteed!!!

I think PC has the talent to be the #2 team in this district. But like a famous line from Bull Durham goes, "they got a world full of talent, but head's full of crap." These girls just aren't playing up to their abilities. I know its not the coaching, they have one of the better coaches in 7a. Its like they either think they should just be handed the district and don't have to go out and get it. Against the teams that where picked ahead of us in the Preseason (C'range and JC) we have started out good and played pretty well, but the teams we have played that ranked lower than them in the preseason (RBS, CC, and Monterey) they have came out flat, not putting it to these teams early on in the games and letting them hang around. This team is definately disappointing. We need to either be the #2 seed or the #4 seed going into region.