Nashville Area pre season bids

Guest TNHoopsFan17

Guest TNHoopsFan17

Nashville has changed a lot since last year. Maplewood will be very good. Stratford won't be as good as last year. Franklin won't be near as good. Brentwood will be about the same. Hillsboro will make it farther in the post season this year. Centennial will be good. If they mature fast they will make it far in the tournament this year. My picks for the two district champs will be Maplewood and either Hillsboro or Centennial.

What do you guys think?

Posted by TNHoopsFan17:

Nashville has changed a lot since last year. Maplewood will be very good. Stratford won't be as good as last year. Franklin won't be near as good. Brentwood will be about the same. Hillsboro will make it farther in the post season this year. Centennial will be good. If they mature fast they will make it far in the tournament this year. My picks for the two district champs will be Maplewood and either Hillsboro or Centennial.

As I have said before, McGavock will be the best in 12AAA and I believe Hillsboro will be very strong this year. Both of these teams got most if not all of their players returning this year. After these two, it will be a dogfight!!

What do you guys think?

;);)

Panthergam, you are too modest. Maplewood leads district 12AAA. McGavock is second. ALthough talented, they are still undercoached. Antioch will have a better TEAM.(I think we all know why) and yet I don't see their placing changing any. Glencliff is the real question mark. Poor academics and coaching are holding back what could be a VERY strong group. Hunter's Lane will have no go to scorer. Whites Creek will have to find some new leadership. Pearl Cohn will continue to struggle. Look for Henry Harris to have a breakout season at Stratford.

In 11-AAA, Hillsboro looks to be in front, although the football team will probably go deep into the playoffs again and give them a slow start. Franklin will be down. Centennial will be much improved. Hillwood will continue to struggle. Hickman Co. is just bad. The Overton coaching situation is still up in the air. Spring Hill is decent. Brentwood's talent is down, but Coach King does a great job. I have no idea how Ravenwood will be. I guess my top two in each district are...........................

12-AAA #1 Maplewood #2 McGavock

11-AAA #1 Hillsboro #2 Centennial

good analysis,

Stratford by january stratford will be clicking. their freshmen (now sophomores) will have began to understand varsity bball by then.

glencliff- a total enigma, if they begin to lose they will fuss with one another and the season will be a disaster. on the other hand they have talent and may find a way to win(if they play unselfishly)

maplewood, the team to beat in the midstate(hopefully ricardo doesn't sustain any injuries playing football Panthergam, HA) seriously though this team will be even better than last yr. gardner gets the minutes he deserves. taylor will flourish at the two. this team is going to be good.

hillsboro began improving by the end of last yr. unfortunately the bulk of their team is on the football team. by january look for them to be good, definitely tops in 11-aaa.

centennial(???) definitely well coached.

antioch, i am not sold on them. some one will have to step up and be the leader. richardson is ok but not a leader. rest of the crop good in the rec center but how will they do in regulated hoops.

mcgavock, they will be good aj price will have a breakout yr.

whites creek, hmmmm u summed it up good who will be the leader on this team. for three yrs it has been collins. they have some talent but will it mesh..............lack of size will hurt them again.

hunters lane is rebuilding they will be very good in 03-04.

12-aaa

maplewood

mcgavock

glencliff

whites creek

stratford

antioch

hunters lane

pearl-cohn

Posted by PantherGam:
Posted by TNHoopsFan17:

As I have said before, McGavock will be the best in 12AAA and I believe Hillsboro will be very strong this year. Both of these teams got most if not all of their players returning this year. After these two, it will be a dogfight!!

What do you guys think?

:D:D

12AAA McGavock or Maplewood

11AAA Brentwood or Hillsboro

Region 6 Hillsboro or Maplewood/ McGavock

Hillsboro's first three games should be the toughest games for them for the whole season. They have 1st Antioch, 2nd McGavock, 3rd Maplewood, these first three games should show how prepared they are to face talent.

2003-2004

for 12-aaa will be a WAR just like 2001-2002.

Maplewood will still have gardner, taylor, richardson and a few others

Hunters Lane Will be good with a great FR and SO class this yr.

Whites Creek will still have bluing, hobson, and menzie twins

McGavock will still have price and a good class

Stratford will be a beast with the good soph class now juniors.

glencliff will have gordon, crockett, and a few other bangers.

wow can't wait for 03-04

I am from West TN, and I saw Centennial at UTMs camp. Where did this school come from? They hung with and beat much more talented teams than they were by far. No one over 6'4, and an athlete inside as good as Ive seen in this area. Everyone of their outside guys can shoot the three. I saw them hit about 12 against Cairo Ill. They played harder than anyone I have seen in a long time. Im saying that they are going to win their district.

Posted by cobrafan90:

2003-2004

for 12-aaa will be a WAR just like 2001-2002.

Maplewood will still have gardner, taylor, richardson and a few others

Hunters Lane Will be good with a great FR and SO class this yr.

Whites Creek will still have bluing, hobson, and menzie twins

McGavock will still have price and a good class

Stratford will be a beast with the good soph class now juniors.

glencliff will have gordon, crockett, and a few other bangers.

wow can't wait for 03-04

Hey, Cobra, let's deal with 2002-2003 first, ha. It should be a good one! :rolleyes: