INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

so what is the pre-preseason outlook for INDY- we all know they are set for QB with Heckman, but can they find a runningback and will the defense be able to stop the run this year - how many returing starters are back next year. . . .

i know they have a killer schedule and the likes of playing MBA and Oakland will be fun...

did any of you catch S. Pettigrew in the MAC championship game, caught last quarter looks like he was starting at LB not bad for a true frosh

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what is the pre-preseason outlook for INDY- we all know they are set for QB with Heckman, but can they find a runningback and will the defense be able to stop the run this year - how many returing starters are back next year. . . .

i know they have a killer schedule and the likes of playing MBA and Oakland will be fun...

did any of you catch S. Pettigrew in the MAC championship game, caught last quarter looks like he was starting at LB not bad for a true frosh

The Line on Pettigrew from his Freshmen season:

|--------Tackles--------| |-Sacks-| |---Pass Def---| |-Fumbles-| Blkd

DEFENSIVE LEADERS GP Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BrUp QBH Rcv-Yds FF Kick Saf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

33 PETTIGREW, Scot 13 19 22 41 2.0-17 . . . 1 . . . .

That is 13 games played, 19 Solos, 22 Assists, 41 total, 2 TFL for 17 yards, and 1 QB Hurry

As for Indy in '09, still a little early to get a feel for this team. QB -set with Heckman. His Backup will probably be the Freshman QB from this year's Freshman team. RB - Unknowns and unproven. Big question mark going into the off season and spring time. WR - Brandon Boatman, Ty Stannard, Bryce Steyer are all top candidates. Ty could line up in the backfield as well, especially if the upcoming Freshman running backs are just too young to play varsity. OL - two seniors on next year's team. The rest will be juniors. They look to be big on size. See if they can mold together and become a solid unit.

Defense overall is a total unknown. Loss of a Thomas Berry may be difficult to replace. Some of the OL will have to start on DL as well. LBs - position that were weak in this year still has ? marks. Secondary should be strong.

There seems to be a lot of guys having to go both ways and some never come off the field because they play on all the Special teams too. That could be a stumbling block or it could make this team strong. Not 100% sure. I know that I will be cheering them on no matter what. To Coach Eubanks and staff and players, this fan wishes you all the best this coming '09 season. Indy will be fine in '09!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe 2009 could be a good one for the eagles. They return a lot of guys that got some significant playing time in 2008. The Heckman kid will finally become a senior. Yes, he is still around! I am not sure what the rest of the new region will look like at the QB position, but I would think that Heckman is the best the region will have to offer. I will agree with Indy Nation on most of what he has stated. I am not sure where Coach Eubanks will go as far as the RB position. Maybe other posters can fill us in more on that situation.

Both sides of the line should be pretty solid. Many of those guys are back, and they are not small. The name up front that many teams will get to know will be Drew Kelly. That kid is big and plays hard.

The defense can only get better!

I was also informed just this week that several coaches have had to step down. I was told the defensive coordinator and two others would not be back. I do not know enough about them to share much more than that, but it appears Coach Eubanks will be looking to find a few coaches.

I do think that 2009 has the makings of a really good season. Good luck eagles!

I believe 2009 could be a good one for the eagles. They return a lot of guys that got some significant playing time in 2008. The Heckman kid will finally become a senior. Yes, he is still around! I am not sure what the rest of the new region will look like at the QB position, but I would think that Heckman is the best the region will have to offer. I will agree with Indy Nation on most of what he has stated. I am not sure where Coach Eubanks will go as far as the RB position. Maybe other posters can fill us in more on that situation.

Both sides of the line should be pretty solid. Many of those guys are back, and they are not small. The name up front that many teams will get to know will be Drew Kelly. That kid is big and plays hard.

The defense can only get better! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was also informed just this week that several coaches have had to step down. I was told the defensive coordinator and two others would not be back. I do not know enough about them to share much more than that, but it appears Coach Eubanks will be looking to find a few coaches.

I do think that 2009 has the makings of a really good season. Good luck eagles!

Can anyone elaborate on this or have more information to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone elaborate on this or have more information to offer.

Sorry, I don't own the same set of rose colored glasses that whoever has been posting owns. I'm afraid they are in for a loooooong, loooong, and rough year(s) ahead. Hope I'm wrong but don't think I am. Do you know how much talent they lost this year? Maybe not, as most of it was rarely mentioned aside from the chosen few. And we saw how that worked last year. Does anyone seriously think it will get better? If so, I'd love to hear the reasoning.

Sorry, I don't own the same set of rose colored glasses that whoever has been posting owns. I'm afraid they are in for a loooooong, loooong, and rough year(s) ahead. Hope I'm wrong but don't think I am. Do you know how much talent they lost this year? Maybe not, as most of it was rarely mentioned aside from the chosen few. And we saw how that worked last year. Does anyone seriously think it will get better? If so, I'd love to hear the reasoning.

I do think there are a lot of question marks coming into this season. However the O line should be as good as it was a few years back in 06 with Kelley and Burge leading the way. If anyone has any updates as to who the new defensive coordinator will be please post. I wonder if Eubanks might put his name in the hat?

I do think there are a lot of question marks coming into this season. However the O line should be as good as it was a few years back in 06 with Kelley and Burge leading the way. If anyone has any updates as to who the new defensive coordinator will be please post. I wonder if Eubanks might put his name in the hat?

Why would Eubanks want to be the def coord? I thought he was the head coach. Did I miss something regarding Eubanks' current status with IHS?

Why would Eubanks want to be the def coord? I thought he was the head coach. Did I miss something regarding Eubanks' current status with IHS?

Not to my knowledge. He's still the head coach. I was referring to him taking on the responsibility of being defensive coord. while being the head coach. This is very common at the high school level for a head coach to also be either the o or d coord. as well.

I agree with the common assesment on Kelly-the kid is awesome and will continue to get better. However, even he can't play both ways all the time. And Burge is good when he is healthy, or not gassed, which is not to often that I've seen. Aside from that, what kind of help can they expect in the trenches where it is needed?

And why on earth would Eubanks consider the DC position? It seems to me he has had enough trouble making decisions as the head coach. You want him to do more?

Someone correct me if I am wrong (which I am sure someone will) but I believe that Coach Eubanks was the defensive coordinator at IHS when Smith was the head coach. I am fairly confident that Coach Eubanks served as the offensive coordinator the last two seasons.

Is there any word out of IHS as to who might be on staff this year? I know that some of the coaches had to leave the program. Any new additions so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Someone correct me if I am wrong (which I am sure someone will) but I believe that Coach Eubanks was the defensive coordinator at IHS when Smith was the head coach. I am fairly confident that Coach Eubanks served as the offensive coordinator the last two seasons.

Is there any word out of IHS as to who might be on staff this year? I know that some of the coaches had to leave the program. Any new additions so far?

bump