INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

Well tell us. Are the doubters now believers? How did it go?

I have always been a believer but yesterday I was a little disappointed. We handled Page upfront offensively but defensive we couldn't seem to get a consistant pass rush. LB'ers played pretty good and the secondary did a good job minus a couple of lapses. As for Offensive we moved the ball very well and the run game looked great. I worry about whether or not our QB can hold up with guys weighing 230 hitting him consistently verses guys weighing 175 hitting him. Over all it is what it is a Spring Game that has lots of room for improvement. I do recant my statements about Dyson and Hammonds. From what I could tell they did a very good job yesterday. The DB's and WR looked pretty good for what they were asked to do. I still don't like that they were forced on Eubanks, but that is not their fault. Did anyone else notice that other than a couple players we didn't seem to have much team speed.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been a believer but yesterday I was a little disappointed. We handled Page upfront offensively but defensive we couldn't seem to get a consistant pass rush. LB'ers played pretty good and the secondary did a good job minus a couple of lapses. As for Offensive we moved the ball very well and the run game looked great. I worry about whether or not our QB can hold up with guys weighing 230 hitting him consistently verses guys weighing 175 hitting him. Over all it is what it is a Spring Game that has lots of room for improvement. I do recant my statements about Dyson and Hammonds. From what I could tell they did a very good job yesterday. The DB's and WR looked pretty good for what they were asked to do. I still don't like that they were forced on Eubanks, but that is not their fault. Did anyone else notice that other than a couple players we didn't seem to have much team speed.

Page's passing scheme had a lot to do with the pass rush. Page was in a pistol (shotgun) look and they were throwing the quick passes. There isn't a lot of time to rush. I didn't see many blitzes so Page was blockig 4 with 5. Heckman is pretty tough and they will be able to spread the ball around more than last year. After the first series the defense settled down and did a good job. I thought for the first spring game they played well. Everyone shouldn't make more of this than what it was...a Spring scrimmage.

Page's passing scheme had a lot to do with the pass rush. Page was in a pistol (shotgun) look and they were throwing the quick passes. There isn't a lot of time to rush. I didn't see many blitzes so Page was blockig 4 with 5. Heckman is pretty tough and they will be able to spread the ball around more than last year. After the first series the defense settled down and did a good job. I thought for the first spring game they played well. Everyone shouldn't make more of this than what it was...a Spring scrimmage.

Sounds like deja vu all over again. Let's hope not.

Sounds like deja vu all over again. Let's hope not.

Are you ever happy? If you are a friend of the Indy program then they sure as heck don't need any ememies! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />