INDY- How does 2009 Look Like

sarahpalin

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> TSSAA limits all workouts to weights and coniditioning from the end of school to the dead period which starts June 22. July 6 the teams can start using a football and helmet 7 on 7, linemen can start doing sled work with a coach, full pads on July 27 with the first scrimmage July 30 or after. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the info. Just have to wait and see then. Should be interesting.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw where 3 of last years players signed commitments to continue playing football in college.

C. Williams signed with Campbellsville Univ; C. Johnson and J. Norman signed with Lane College.

Congrats to these young men. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What positions did they play?

Saw where 3 of last years players signed commitments to continue playing football in college.

C. Williams signed with Campbellsville Univ; C. Johnson and J. Norman signed with Lane College.

Congrats to these young men. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If memory serves me right the 07 graduating class had 5 young men go on to play college ball, the 08 class had 7, and the 09 class had 5. Not too bad for a new school, when after 3 graduating classes have had 17 players go on to the next level to play.

C.Williams and J.Norman both played WR/DB, and probably will play WR in college too. Carter Johnson played RB and was going to be the new starter halfway through last season but had surgery so he only got to play the last game againist Coulmbia Central. Carter told me he has a good chance of taking some snaps from time to time as a freshman.

C.Williams and J.Norman both played WR/DB, and probably will play WR in college too. Carter Johnson played RB and was going to be the new starter halfway through last season but had surgery so he only got to play the last game againist Coulmbia Central. Carter told me he has a good chance of taking some snaps from time to time as a freshman.

And I have no doubt that they all will do well. They are all great young men who have been through the ringer with the program. It would have been normal and nice to recognize these kids, along with other team members who were granted scholarships in academic areas as well and the schools they would be attending, at their senior banquet don't you think? It's my understanding that the team members were introduced, a little speech was made, and not one of them, or the schools they were planning on attending, was recognized by the head coach. I heard the other coaches did recoginize their team members and the schools they would be attending either on an athletic or academic scholarship(i.e. vollyball, baseball wrestling, etc.). Was the football coach just ashamed of this group or, like helping these boys with scholarships, couldn't he be bothered? I heard some parents asked these same questions. Any answers?

And I have no doubt that they all will do well. They are all great young men who have been through the ringer with the program. It would have been normal and nice to recognize these kids, along with other team members who were granted scholarships in academic areas as well and the schools they would be attending, at their senior banquet don't you think? It's my understanding that the team members were introduced, a little speech was made, and not one of them, or the schools they were planning on attending, was recognized by the head coach. I heard the other coaches did recoginize their team members and the schools they would be attending either on an athletic or academic scholarship(i.e. vollyball, baseball wrestling, etc.). Was the football coach just ashamed of this group or, like helping these boys with scholarships, couldn't he be bothered? I heard some parents asked these same questions. Any answers?

oh brother...does the whiny badmouthing of Indy's coach ever stop with you?

Get ready to be disappointed with college too. They dont give out awards or speeches for intramural qb's either...kind of like second string hs qb's.

The 08 season is long over. Who really cares how many words the coach spent on a banquet that is months after a poor season. Move on and look forward to the 09 season and all the opportunities for grippinng you will have.

It could have been they hadn't been offered? or signed? when the banquet was held.

I don't know.

oh brother...does the whiny badmouthing of Indy's coach ever stop with you?

Get ready to be disappointed with college too. They dont give out awards or speeches for intramural qb's either...kind of like second string hs qb's.

The 08 season is long over. Who really cares how many words the coach spent on a banquet that is months after a poor season. Move on and look forward to the 09 season and all the opportunities for grippinng you will have.

OMG they had a bad season? Great hindsight! You are awesome! And who cares? Maybe the parents of these kids who worked to get those scholarships that were never mentioned. You seem to be obsessed with the qb aspect of the team. Interesting. Were you a wanna be maybe? Just a thought. And do you think the 09 season is going to have so many 'opportunities' to gripe? Such confidence in coach and team. What suport! Keep up the good work and observations!

It could have been they hadn't been offered? or signed? when the banquet was held.

I don't know.

It's my understanding they were all signed sealed and delivered long before the banquet without any help from the coaches.

OMG they had a bad season? Great hindsight! You are awesome! And who cares? Maybe the parents of these kids who worked to get those scholarships that were never mentioned. You seem to be obsessed with the qb aspect of the team. Interesting. Were you a wanna be maybe? Just a thought. And do you think the 09 season is going to have so many 'opportunities' to gripe? Such confidence in coach and team. What suport! Keep up the good work and observations!

It's my understanding they were all signed sealed and delivered long before the banquet without any help from the coaches.

ummm...its your boy who lost the qb spot. I'm not obsessed with the qb spot, you were and the fact that the person you thought should be the qb at IHS lost his spot to a better athlete. I get worked up with negative posters who snipe at coaches who have more knowledge and ability than armchair daddies.

I'm older than dirt, my qb days ended before you were born. And read my posts. I support the entire team, players and coach. Your support is only for a few individuals, and never for a coach that you dont agree with. I do have confidence in coach and team. And I do have confidence that you will still gripe. Thats about all you have done here. And I have confidence that a great year of intramural football awaits.

Keep hiding behind your newer screen name. Its still known who you are, little one. Shameful.

ummm...its your boy who lost the qb spot. I'm not obsessed with the qb spot, you were and the fact that the person you thought should be the qb at IHS lost his spot to a better athlete. I get worked up with negative posters who snipe at coaches who have more knowledge and ability than armchair daddies.

I'm older than dirt, my qb days ended before you were born. And read my posts. I support the entire team, players and coach. Your support is only for a few individuals, and never for a coach that you dont agree with. I do have confidence in coach and team. And I do have confidence that you will still gripe. Thats about all you have done here. And I have confidence that a great year of intramural football awaits.

Keep hiding behind your newer screen name. Its still known who you are, little one. Shameful.

I've had this screen name since I started unlike many others who post here. And just who are you little big man? Are you signed up for intramurals? I hope you do well because you're the only one I know who keeps obsessing about it. I don't know anyone else who even mentions or plays intramurals except you and some other poster who finally moved. Or maybe just changed his screen name, eh? Call 'em as I see'em and always will; even if the bandwaggoners and great 'Swamis'(name denotes ego issues I suspect) don't like it. Deal with it.

I've had this screen name since I started unlike many others who post here. And just who are you little big man? Are you signed up for intramurals? I hope you do well because you're the only one I know who keeps obsessing about it. I don't know anyone else who even mentions or plays intramurals except you and some other poster who finally moved. Or maybe just changed his screen name, eh? Call 'em as I see'em and always will; even if the bandwaggoners and great 'Swamis'(name denotes ego issues I suspect) don't like it. Deal with it.

I will say this: In my opinion running a spread offense N. Smith should have been the starter. If the coach had taken a different approach to the offense and made it a more run based offense, then A. Heckman should have been the starter. I don't think it's wrong to talk about the past, but there is a future ahead that happens to be very unpredictable if you ask a lot of people over there at Indy. And that unpredictability starts with the head chief T. Campbell.

Congrats to all of the young men who played last season that just graduated.