Teague Commits

chaos001

Heck no, that ain't me. I don't think he is a piece of crap, I wanted him to go to my beloved Vols for crying out loud! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hey, even Eric and Zach tried to persuade him, but alas he was already pretty well decided on Florida.

No hard feelings, I just hope he witnesses Eric and Zach celebrating across the field over the next few years after UTK beats Florida. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, don't even let me get started on that stuff. Those kind of folks deserve much more than just a firm reprimanding. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

i can think of a few things that could be done so that they pay some penitence /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

crap like that makes me like people less every day.

Heck no, that ain't me. I don't think he is a piece of crap, I wanted him to go to my beloved Vols for crying out loud! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

good, i thought you guys from Hendersonvegas were classier than that. as much as i hate Florida, i'll still cheer for Teague. heck, i might even go to a game wearing my Patriots t-shirt in support...lol, well maybe not just yet. this is probably the best fit for him from his choice of universities...and definitely a great academic choice as well.

I havnt really got to see him play except for the east west game but if is going to play cb then i think he is making a mistake. You have a chance to go play for the probably the best d-cordinator in the game college or nfl at utk. That cant hurt your chances of playing on sundays. I woulnt count tn out till he signs the papers.

I havnt really got to see him play except for the east west game but if is going to play cb then i think he is making a mistake. You have a chance to go play for the probably the best d-cordinator in the game college or nfl at utk. That cant hurt your chances of playing on sundays. I woulnt count tn out till he signs the papers.

I surely do hope you're right.

I did not get the chance to see Teague play live but I have seen clips and he is very impressive. Being a gator fan I am thrill that he will be playing at the swamp. He made a great decision. Tennessee is an unknown...who knows how the new staff will work out at UT and the Gators are playing in the National Championship.

I did not get the chance to see Teague play live but I have seen clips and he is very impressive. Being a gator fan I am thrill that he will be playing at the swamp. He made a great decision. Tennessee is an unknown...who knows how the new staff will work out at UT and the Gators are playing in the National Championship.

The Gators may be in the NC this year, but I truly believe Urban Meyer will be at Notre Dame after next season. Tebow will be gone as well, probably after the NC game. Kiffin is assembling the best staff in college football. His father, Monte, is the BEST Def. Coordinator in ALL of football, college or NFL. Any player that wants to play in the NFL should be looking hard at UT as Kiffin is assembling an NFL staff.

The Gators may be in the NC this year, but I truly believe Urban Meyer will be at Notre Dame after next season. Tebow will be gone as well, probably after the NC game. Kiffin is assembling the best staff in college football. His father, Monte, is the BEST Def. Coordinator in ALL of football, college or NFL. Any player that wants to play in the NFL should be looking hard at UT as Kiffin is assembling an NFL staff.

1) If Urban Meyer leaves Florida for Notre Dame, I will be EXTREMELY surprised.

2) Tebow will not be leaving after this year. He isn't even projected as a 2nd round draft pick in the NFL at this point. I'm not saying that isn't wrong with as good as he is, but he doesn't really gain enough by going to the NFL to warrant leaving Florida early.

3) I agree that UTK should definitely be considered by anyone wanting to play in the NFL, but I can't blame Teague for picking the certainty of Florida over the uncertainty at UTK. I think he'll be a fine CB at either place.

1) If Urban Meyer leaves Florida for Notre Dame, I will be EXTREMELY surprised.

2) Tebow will not be leaving after this year. He isn't even projected as a 2nd round draft pick in the NFL at this point. I'm not saying that isn't wrong with as good as he is, but he doesn't really gain enough by going to the NFL to warrant leaving Florida early.

3) I agree that UTK should definitely be considered by anyone wanting to play in the NFL, but I can't blame Teague for picking the certainty of Florida over the uncertainty at UTK. I think he'll be a fine CB at either place.

Meyer came out this past week and said "Notre Dame is his dream job.." I would not be surprised for a coach to leave any school for his "dream job".

I agree, Teague will suceed at either school,however, at FL he will just be another player. At UT, he could be a "homestate hero". If local, in-state players come to UT and keep their heads on straight, they are guaranteed to be successfull because the local community (businessmen) typically will hire them for jobs. I see it all the time, Pharmaceutical Reps, Sales professionals, etc.. I wish Mr. Teague well whrever he goes to college though.

Meyer came out this past week and said "Notre Dame is his dream job.." I would not be surprised for a coach to leave any school for his "dream job".

Well, he would certainly be staying ahead of the curve by leaving Florida before they fire him because they have become disgruntled over not having 10 win seasons every year ala Spurrier. However, dream job or not....leaving Florida for Notre Dame isn't likely going to lead to future success for Urban Meyer. At least nothing like what he has been experiencing in Gainesville.

Notre Dame football is still managing to largely live off the success of Knute Rockne. Meanwhile, how long has it been since they have won a bowl game? Notre Dame just isn't the most glamorous football coaching job in NCAA Division 1-A anymore. I would surprised to see a current head coach leave a great/lucrative job to try to restore Notre Dame football to its past glory.

I agree, Teague will suceed at either school,however, at FL he will just be another player. At UT, he could be a "homestate hero". If local, in-state players come to UT and keep their heads on straight, they are guaranteed to be successfull because the local community (businessmen) typically will hire them for jobs. I see it all the time, Pharmaceutical Reps, Sales professionals, etc.. I wish Mr. Teague well whrever he goes to college though.

You people who think you know college football and what goes on within the program sare hilarious! "Just another player" at Florida .............why? or what's the difference in Florida, Alabama, Ga Tech, or Tennessee? Is Florida a place that there are so many athletes on the team that the coach forgets the player's names? Do they get lost on the sideline when a particular formation or coverage is called?

Many of us are glad that UT has a little momentum on the recruiting highway, BUT if Meyer does leave and go to Notre Dame ....wait.........breaking news........Tebow will leave either this year or next! Will Florida discontinue their program without these two?? If so, perhaps Florida's AD will grant Marsalis his unconditional release! Until then, Marsalis will be a major contributor to the Gator's success!! You people...........! What if the NFL drafted high school kids and the Raiders drafted Teague and not the local favorites like the Titans, Cowboys, or Steelers? Would you people still act this stupid??? Just because a person doesn't pick your favorite team or mine, doesn't mean he didn't make a wise choice!! Good Luck Marsalis! You will do well.............as will Henry County next year!!

• 2 weeks later...

What one reason would you give for him to go to Tennessee? They haven't beaten a top 10 team in 9 years, constant problems with the law (even the punter!), new head coach is untested and unproven at best (being a great recruiter at USC is like being a good BBall recruiter at Duke ). He is going to the right place for him and he'll excel academically and athletically. Hopefully playing for a perennial national champion won't be too much of a crippling effect on his career in the NFL. There isn't a spark of interest in Tennessee from any talent in the state of his caliber, much less the nation. The best recruiting class in the nation just finished their senior year at UT, get my point?