Teague Commits

chaos001

I think Teague ends up on offense to go along with his new teammate Nu'Keese Richards who will be a Percy Harvin type guy. Who just happened to also be a Florida commit since October but signed with the Vols today! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

These guys will give Tennessee some much needed explosiveness on the offensive side of the ball.

Couldn't get Brown. Had he signed, this class would have been all you could have asked for given the circumstand.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Teague ends up on offense to go along with his new teammate Nu'Keese Richards who will be a Percy Harvin type guy. Who just happened to also be a Florida commit since October but signed with the Vols today! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

These guys will give Tennessee some much needed explosiveness on the offensive side of the ball.

If Teague ends up offense he likely will be redshirted this fall....Gerald Jones, Austin Rogers, Tyler Maples, and Zach Rogers are all solid WR's. Personally, I think Teague's potential will be realized much quicker alongside Gordon and Berry in the defensive secondary.

Couldn't get Brown. Had he signed, this class would have been all you could have asked for given the circumstand.

I didn't think they would get Brown anyway but it would have been nice. I think getting Teague & Richardson who were both commited to Florida to switch on signing day is big plus they pick up the first commitment for the 2010 class in Smith who is said to be the #1 player in the state next season according the services is a big step in the right direction now to see what Tennessee can do this fall.

well, he came around it seems! i think someone's momma had alot to do with it. i know the flash and glamour of Florida is intoxicating, but to come to a fresh start and have the potential to create a new chapter and make some history with UT sounds even better (and definitely a challenge!). i think Neyland just sold out a section to Henry County ('cause you know how we travel!) if only Allen would've stayed there too, you'd hear a loud "Roll RED Roll!" i know i'll see him at the Bama game at least, now that it's become a family tradition to go to.

on another note, i hope he creams the heck out of Florida when he plays against them. according to their fans (who have turned on him already calling him a 3rd of 4th pick) they already think he may not have even had a shot at playing. i'm glad he's not playing for that bunch of crazies anymore.

i expect him to play DB/CB/S with UT as Burro has suggested. i'd like to see him nail Tebow... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

signing isn't quite over yet...still may land a few more big names...possibly Oku?!?

on another note, i hope he creams the heck out of Florida when he plays against them. according to their fans (who have turned on him already calling him a 3rd of 4th pick) they already think he may not have even had a shot at playing. i'm glad he's not playing for that bunch of crazies anymore.

Don't worry about it. College sports fans all the sudden revert back to adolescence when their girlfriend dumped them when a player transfers or considers the school they support and then chooses another instead.

Alabama fans did it when Eric Gordon who was apparently leaning toward Alabama flipped to UTK after talking with Lane Kiffin. Florida does it when Teague changes his mind. Heck, I've even heard some UTK fans today talk about Marlon Brown because he decided to go to UGA. Not to mention when Fulmer's UTK commits decommitted.

Some fans just really don't get it. They seriously become the "jealous boyfriend" and immediately decide "their girlfriend" wasn't anything special to begin with. It's sickening to me to hear people say really.

Don't worry about it. College sports fans all the sudden revert back to adolescence when their girlfriend dumped them when a player transfers or considers the school they support and then chooses another instead.

Alabama fans did it when Eric Gordon who was apparently leaning toward Alabama flipped to UTK after talking with Lane Kiffin. Florida does it when Teague changes his mind. Heck, I've even heard some UTK fans today talk about Marlon Brown because he decided to go to UGA. Not to mention when Fulmer's UTK commits decommitted.

Some fans just really don't get it. They seriously become the "jealous boyfriend" and immediately decide "their girlfriend" wasn't anything special to begin with. It's sickening to me to hear people say really.

Good post! It's supposed to be about what is best for the kid not some ingrate on a college message board! I can't stand those people that bad mouth kids for making a decision based on what is best for them and their family. If Urban wouldn't have been telling three to four kids he would use them like Percy Harvin they may have signed.

Good post! It's supposed to be about what is best for the kid not some ingrate on a college message board! I can't stand those people that bad mouth kids for making a decision based on what is best for them and their family. If Urban wouldn't have been telling three to four kids he would use them like Percy Harvin they may have signed.

I believe part of the problem is the huge publicity and money that has now become involved in College football and Men's basketball recruiting (none of which these athletes see mind you, but that's for another discussion). Fans are now able to access rating systems that are as accurate as a Vegas game line really. Thereby, fans are upset or happy based on a perception of something. That's what coaches get paid the big bucks for: to evaluate talent and project how good they potentially could be based on signees they get. Fans shouldn't be giving opinions on that stuff.

For instance, consider a player like Joe Montana coming out of high school, does anyone really believe the recruiting services we have nowadays would have rated him very high? However, the coaches at Notre Dame recognized he just flat out had what it took to play the game and awarded him a scholarship. Now, he's largely considered the best QB to have ever played football.

Basically, what I'm saying is the coaches tend to know what they are doing evaluating talent. It's the same animal as fans watching the NFL Draft with great anticipation. It's just perception until they strap it up. You know if our goal is just to make American Football a year round sport then we really should PLAY the game year round. I perceive the extra fluff as a waste of time to me as a fan. That's not my "jurisdiction".

Personally, now that I know where our boys at HHS have signed, I will sit back and enjoy Men's and Women's College Basketball (High school too of course, HHS is pretty good) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> for the next couple months and then baseball and come July I'm ready for football all over again. It's a wonderful cycle really.

I believe part of the problem is the huge publicity and money that has now become involved in College football and Men's basketball recruiting (none of which these athletes see mind you, but that's for another discussion). Fans are now able to access rating systems that are as accurate as a Vegas game line really. Thereby, fans are upset or happy based on a perception of something. That's what coaches get paid the big bucks for: to evaluate talent and project how good they potentially could be based on signees they get. Fans shouldn't be giving opinions on that stuff.

For instance, consider a player like Joe Montana coming out of high school, does anyone really believe the recruiting services we have nowadays would have rated him very high? However, the coaches at Notre Dame recognized he just flat out had what it took to play the game and awarded him a scholarship. Now, he's largely considered the best QB to have ever played football.

Basically, what I'm saying is the coaches tend to know what they are doing evaluating talent. It's the same animal as fans watching the NFL Draft with great anticipation. It's just perception until they strap it up. You know if our goal is just to make American Football a year round sport then we really should PLAY the game year round. I perceive the extra fluff as a waste of time to me as a fan. That's not my "jurisdiction".

Personally, now that I know where our boys at HHS have signed, I will sit back and enjoy Men's and Women's College Basketball (High school too of course, HHS is pretty good) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> for the next couple months and then baseball and come July I'm ready for football all over again. It's a wonderful cycle really.

What about Crutcher? I see he hasn't signed anywhere or was he a junior? He had some college potential from what I saw.

What about Crutcher? I see he hasn't signed anywhere or was he a junior? He had some college potential from what I saw.

I haven't heard, but I imagine he might not have been able to get academically eligible. You are absolutely right, with his talent, he could have played college ball somewhere. I believe UTK and Texas Tech were among the schools interested in him too.

My understanding is that former HHS RB Jacques Seward had to attend Community College this past fall due to academics. Hopefully, he'll be able to do as another former Burro Walter Fisher Jr. (just finished his eligibility after 3 years at UTK this past fall) did and shine in Community College before transferring because Seward was also very talented. If that's the case with Crutcher also, I wish him all the best. I hate to see such gifted athletes miss out on such tremendous opportunities.

I haven't heard, but I imagine he might not have been able to get academically eligible. You are absolutely right, with his talent, he could have played college ball somewhere. I believe UTK and Texas Tech were among the schools interested in him too.

My understanding is that former HHS RB Jacques Seward had to attend Community College this past fall due to academics. Hopefully, he'll be able to do as another former Burro Walter Fisher Jr. (just finished his eligibility after 3 years at UTK this past fall) did and shine in Community College before transferring because Seward was also very talented. If that's the case with Crutcher also, I wish him all the best. I hate to see such gifted athletes miss out on such tremendous opportunities.

Seward was a really good ball player. I remember watching him his junior year against Henry Co. and being impressed. I had wondered about him but hadn't remembered to ask.

I'm a gator fan from Henry County, and I agree that I don't believe Marsalis would have started for the Gators for the next two years, at least. Our defense is incredibly young, we're returning every 2-deep player on defense (the starters and their backups, for those of you keeping score) and while I agree that he's a great talent (I enjoyed watching him play in the backfield during the playoffs) I don't think that's his natural athletic ability and inexperience on defense would be enough to surpass players who are just as athletic as him, have played DB most of their careers, and have 2-3 years in Charlie Strongs scheme--that's just not very realistic. Do I think he would have eventually started? Yes. I feel we lost a great player, and feel that Kiffin and Orgeron have done an amazing job recruiting in just the short amount of time they have been there, but with the way Kiffin is running his mouth, I'd be afraid to commit to UTK while he's there because it obviously seems like he has no clue what he's talking about (Yes, i'm referring to the Urban Meyer "cheating" ordeal) If I were Nu'Keese and I heard Kiffin say that Urban had to cheat and still couldn't win I would be second guessing my decision to play for him. Let's just hope he can coach, right?