Wes Elrod not coaching at Wilson Central anymore?

2priceless

To whom it may concern

My name is Jim Wright. I am a head coach in a AA school in Pine Bush NY. AA in NY is the same as a 5A in Tenn. Coach Elrod's coaching has not only touched Tenn, but it has reached out too a many coaches across this country including NY. Coach Elrod and I met four years ago on his website jetsweep.com. It was there that my coaching career would change forever. I took over a program that had not had a winning season in 12 YEARS!! The previous coach before me won three games in five years. He was losing games to teams by the score of 75-14, 60-0, and 48-0. Out of the goodness of his heart Coach Elrod and his terrific wife Dona flew to NY and spent an entire weekend teaching us his Hybrid Wing T offense. It was non-stop instruction from the moment he got here to the moment he left. My coaches were very impressed with not only his knowledge, but the class he demonstrated. Wes spent over 20 hours with us teaching offense and overall football information. The funny thing is he would not take any money for his time. When given money for his time he simply said give it back to your program.

FIRST YEAR (After Wes)

We won 3 games. That was more than the previous coach won in five years. However, we have the #1, #8, and #9 team in the state for league games. As I previously stated the old coach was losing those games by a ton of points. We play the #1 team to a 21-7, #8 team 13-0, #9 team 20-14. IN less than a year we went from the laughing stock to now a team that was to be taken seriously.

SECOND and THIRD YEAR

More of the same we won 4 games and now loss margin was less than 3 points a game. Over 2500yds of total offense with no real stars or offensive line. I was amazed by how well we moved the ball despite my line not blocking very well.

THIS YEAR

We went 7-2. The first winning season in 12 YEARS!!! We beat the #9 team 38-14. We lost to the #1 team 10-7 (they went on to lose the state championship in the final). We beat the #10 team 30-7. We had over 3000 total yds of offense for the year. It was the first time in my career that I got reprimanded by my AD for running up the score in a game verse a team who was suppose to kick my rear. We won 56-6. This was unheard of in Pine Bush and people did not know how to react to that kind of success. In addition to the success on the field, I now have three players who are being courted by Div I schools and I received:

2008 Section 9 Coach of the Year award.This was the first time in Pine Bush History for this to happen. He will never admit this because that is the kind of guy he is, but NONE OF THIS WOULD OF HAPPENED IF IT WERE NOT FOR COACH ELROD. We accomplished all of this with the HYBRID WING OFFENSE HE RUNS!!. I owe everything to him and I for one would hire him in a second. I would not care what others think and I would give him full power over the offense to run it as he wants.

I have been in the coaching business for 15 years. 5 as a head coach. When your in this business as long as I have been you recognize the good ones the moment you meet them. Wes Elrod is one of those coaches. I think it is terrible what is happening and I for one will not keep quiet. Coach E is class and therefore will walk away without any mal contempt. I for one do not take my relationship with him for granted and I can only hope that we will remain friends forever. It is sad that a coach from NY appreciates what he has done more than one that got the pleasure to spend a lot of time with him. I could only pray and wish to have that experience.

Thanks for everything Wes,

Jim Wright

HEAD COACH PINE BUSH FOOTBALL

Pine Bush NY

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whom it may concern

My name is Jim Wright. I am a head coach in a AA school in Pine Bush NY. AA in NY is the same as a 5A in Tenn. Coach Elrod's coaching has not only touched Tenn, but it has reached out too a many coaches across this country including NY. Coach Elrod and I met four years ago on his website jetsweep.com. It was there that my coaching career would change forever. I took over a program that had not had a winning season in 12 YEARS!! The previous coach before me won three games in five years. He was losing games to teams by the score of 75-14, 60-0, and 48-0. Out of the goodness of his heart Coach Elrod and his terrific wife Dona flew to NY and spent an entire weekend teaching us his Hybrid Wing T offense. It was non-stop instruction from the moment he got here to the moment he left. My coaches were very impressed with not only his knowledge, but the class he demonstrated. Wes spent over 20 hours with us teaching offense and overall football information. The funny thing is he would not take any money for his time. When given money for his time he simply said give it back to your program.

FIRST YEAR (After Wes)

We won 3 games. That was more than the previous coach won in five years. However, we have the #1, #8, and #9 team in the state for league games. As I previously stated the old coach was losing those games by a ton of points. We play the #1 team to a 21-7, #8 team 13-0, #9 team 20-14. IN less than a year we went from the laughing stock to now a team that was to be taken seriously.

SECOND and THIRD YEAR

More of the same we won 4 games and now loss margin was less than 3 points a game. Over 2500yds of total offense with no real stars or offensive line. I was amazed by how well we moved the ball despite my line not blocking very well.

THIS YEAR

We went 7-2. The first winning season in 12 YEARS!!! We beat the #9 team 38-14. We lost to the #1 team 10-7 (they went on to lose the state championship in the final). We beat the #10 team 30-7. We had over 3000 total yds of offense for the year. It was the first time in my career that I got reprimanded by my AD for running up the score in a game verse a team who was suppose to kick my rear. We won 56-6. This was unheard of in Pine Bush and people did not know how to react to that kind of success. In addition to the success on the field, I now have three players who are being courted by Div I schools and I received:

2008 Section 9 Coach of the Year award.This was the first time in Pine Bush History for this to happen. He will never admit this because that is the kind of guy he is, but NONE OF THIS WOULD OF HAPPENED IF IT WERE NOT FOR COACH ELROD. We accomplished all of this with the HYBRID WING OFFENSE HE RUNS!!. I owe everything to him and I for one would hire him in a second. I would not care what others think and I would give him full power over the offense to run it as he wants.

I have been in the coaching business for 15 years. 5 as a head coach. When your in this business as long as I have been you recognize the good ones the moment you meet them. Wes Elrod is one of those coaches. I think it is terrible what is happening and I for one will not keep quiet. Coach E is class and therefore will walk away without any mal contempt. I for one do not take my relationship with him for granted and I can only hope that we will remain friends forever. It is sad that a coach from NY appreciates what he has done more than one that got the pleasure to spend a lot of time with him. I could only pray and wish to have that experience.

Thanks for everything Wes,

Jim Wright

HEAD COACH PINE BUSH FOOTBALL

Pine Bush NY

Very nice post. Thank You for confirming what some of us already know and that is Coach Elrod is both a gentleman and a class act as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I STILL think we NEED him at RIVERDALE!

BTW Coach Wright 56-6 is not running up the score. We used to win against teams by 70-0! Now THAT is running up the score! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Very nice post. Thank You for confirming what some of us already know and that is Coach Elrod is both a gentleman and a class act as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I STILL think we NEED him at RIVERDALE!

BTW Coach Wright 56-6 is not running up the score. We used to win against teams by 70-0! Now THAT is running up the score! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have sat in on some of Elrod's clinics. I would love to again sometime. That man really knows his stuff!!!

Yes it is true that Coach Elrod is leaving. The real shame of it is the fact he runs a WingT that CAN win! If R'dale is going to contine to run it he IS NEEDED at R'dale!

Wes Elrod is a VERY good man and even BETTER Coach! Man runs a WingT that is like what Ga Tech is running and WINNING with!

If he does decide to stay retired, all I can say is good luck Coach because you WILL be missed.

LOD,

Ga. Tech does not run the wingT. They run the triple option and mid-line out of double slot. You have to have the right QB to run that system. LOD, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Riverdale run a lot of mid-line a couple of years ago with the "running" QB they had? If so, then Coach Adeylott MUST be running what you want? What else do you want? Riverdale is not as loaded as they were at one time. With the addition of the new schools within the last 10 years (Blackman & Siegal), the talent in Rutherford County is moving around now. When Rankin was at Riverdale, everyone knew that the football players went to Riverdale and the basketball players played for King @ Oakland. It is a little more watered down now. I can remember a time when Riverdale was horrible! It is the Ebb and Flow of TRUE public schools. Some years you have 'em, and some years you do not have 'em. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE, heard your next gig might be in Mexico at a worm farm or at a tequila factory. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Remember they will always praise you until someone new comes along. Hope you were able to get the new printer for christmas. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I know you will coach next year, because that's what you love. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

WE, heard your next gig might be in Mexico at a worm farm or at a tequila factory. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Remember they will always praise you until someone new comes along. Hope you were able to get the new printer for christmas. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I know you will coach next year, because that's what you love. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If he's even intrested where is Coach Elrod gona end up this year?