2008 3A All-State Team!

Boy

What a joke from Region 3! Two from Polk and Notre Dame! AND not a single one from Howard or McMinn Central plus left out Gunner Miller from East Ridge?!! I am sorry but Polk only had 1 and I am not sure if any N D players could have started for Howard!!

Good point OSC. How can a player be all-state when he did'nt make first team all-region? One of the Polk players did'nt make first team in our weak region yet is all-state. What a joke! If the coaches voted for the all-region team how did this happen on the state level? My guess would be the coach needs to be active within the organization.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts are the joke. Everyone should know, the coaches' all-state team "is what it is." There are fewer nominees so naturally good players will be left out. If it's so troubling wait a little while longer and the writers' 3A selections should be out. Please stop with the negatives about the coaches' selections.

These posts are the joke. Everyone should know, the coaches' all-state team "is what it is." There are fewer nominees so naturally good players will be left out. If it's so troubling wait a little while longer and the writers' 3A selections should be out. Please stop with the negatives about the coaches' selections.

Sorry for our negatives almighty Indian, but why is the team chosen if the best players are not nominated? If you go to the trouble of having an all-state team do it right or don't do it at all. Players work to hard to be "left out". The joke is not our posts , the joke is the association that votes based on which coach participates, not what a player does on the field. What exactly do you mean by "is what it is"? Sounds as if you don't agree with the process.

Sorry for our negatives almighty Indian, but why is the team chosen if the best players are not nominated? If you go to the trouble of having an all-state team do it right or don't do it at all. Players work to hard to be "left out". The joke is not our posts , the joke is the association that votes based on which coach participates, not what a player does on the field. What exactly do you mean by "is what it is"? Sounds as if you don't agree with the process.

The problem isn't the griping about the process, it's pointing out players that "shouldn't have made it." One of the players mentioned as not being worthy has been getting 1-AA attention if I remember right. 3A should be out tonight or first thing Tuesday morning, it will likely be much more comprehensive. "It is what it is" meant that's they way they do it, going by nominations from association coaches as I understand it. If anyone is truly upset by this they should encourage their coach to join and participate. If not, then it's not worth worrying about.

I completly agree broc lovless on the 3a all state team ... wow wat a joke nobody from giles and page 2 from lipscomb... and spring hill has 2 and their qb was average at best.. no where near all state caliber.. this is a disgrace to all state teams

Rather than "dbitching about" him (Loveless) you should be "dbitching about" the coaches who didn't participate in the process.

Loveless' Coach participated and presented what he felt was his best player on the team.

Passed for 1100 yds with 11 Tds. Rushed for 600 yds with 8 Tds. 44 Tackles rotating at F/S in 7 games.

That might not be All State numbers in your eyes, (although it's not bad) but it was in his Coach's and his Coach chose to participate in the selection process.

I don't think a player who accomplished the numbers listed above is a joke.

The joke is on the Coaches who didn't support their players.

Merry Christmas To All Coach T Posters And Readers!!

It's high time everyone came to terms with the fact that the coaches association is the good ole' boys club. If you ain't in the club, you ain't gettin' all state. Here's the link to the real "All State" in 3A and 4A. 1A and 2A is on that site also. Just click home and it should be nearby. This is a regional sports news facility so scroll to the bottom to see the list. The link is: 3A/4A All State Congratulations to you if you are on the list!

The problem isn't the griping about the process, it's pointing out players that "shouldn't have made it." One of the players mentioned as not being worthy has been getting 1-AA attention if I remember right. 3A should be out tonight or first thing Tuesday morning, it will likely be much more comprehensive. "It is what it is" meant that's they way they do it, going by nominations from association coaches as I understand it. If anyone is truly upset by this they should encourage their coach to join and participate. If not, then it's not worth worrying about.

It's not just the Country Club (TACA) All State, it's the Country Club (TACA) All Stars Game. How many TSWA All Staters did not make that game? How many on the TACA rosters did not make All State period? Shouldn't All State be a requirement to play in the All Star game? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Rather than "dbitching about" him (Loveless) you should be "dbitching about" the coaches who didn't participate in the process.

Loveless' Coach participated and presented what he felt was his best player on the team.

Passed for 1100 yds with 11 Tds. Rushed for 600 yds with 8 Tds. 44 Tackles rotating at F/S in 7 games.

That might not be All State numbers in your eyes, (although it's not bad) but it was in his Coach's and his Coach chose to participate in the selection process.

I don't think a player who accomplished the numbers listed above is a joke.

The joke is on the Coaches who didn't support their players.

Merry Christmas To All Coach T Posters And Readers!!

No it's a joke and Loveless would be 4th string all region if there was one at best. In no particular order, the QB at Page, Lipscomb, and Giles Co. are all better and there should be no argument there. But I also agree it is a joke that some coaches decided not to participate and support their own players. However there is also some biases shown by the Spring Hill coach by not voting for some of the other QBs in his region that he knew deserved it.

What bothers me is that none of the Region 3 MVP's made this All State team! And one of these so called All Staters didn't even make all region! And as said before no one from Howard or McMinn Central or Polk for that matter was picked for the All Star game either!? Talk about a "Good Ole Boys" club!! BTW, I was in TACA at one time, I KNOW how the system works!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="