TSWA "The Real All State"

compusatman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5A list has just hit www.tricitiessports.com Ryan Church and Ashlon Adams for DB. Zack Fleming did not make the list.

So ET what does this say about the two polls? And your view of the 4 Southers on the 4A list?

Congrats to all who made either team. Obviously there are a lot of politics involved: exposure in the media, positioning for attention due to a previous years success, playing in a successful program known as such by media and opposing coaches, etc. Most great receivers have great quarterbacks, great running backs have great linemen and so on.It is somewhat different on defense but still great D-linemen help make great D-backs and vice versa. All who are appointed are outstanding players deserving of the honor regardless the circumstances involved in each selection. Many more deserving players are left out as well. Based on the plays Ryan Fillers made against South you would think he would have made it. Our 4 young men from South are to be congratulated for their hard work and dedication. It is the culmination of 4 years of dedication to a process that led to the most prolific offense in the school's history.To the coaches and parents, but especially to Bradley, Taylor, Hunter, and Kaleb, I'm sending out a heartfelt "thank you" for your efforts and the enjoyment you've brought to me and this community. Here's hoping for a New Year full of scholarships for those hoping to play at the next level! Merry Christmas to all!

Congrats to all who made either team. Obviously there are a lot of politics involved: exposure in the media, positioning for attention due to a previous years success, playing in a successful program known as such by media and opposing coaches, etc. Most great receivers have great quarterbacks, great running backs have great linemen and so on.It is somewhat different on defense but still great D-linemen help make great D-backs and vice versa. All who are appointed are outstanding players deserving of the honor regardless the circumstances involved in each selection. Many more deserving players are left out as well. Based on the plays Ryan Fillers made against South you would think he would have made it. Our 4 young men from South are to be congratulated for their hard work and dedication. It is the culmination of 4 years of dedication to a process that led to the most prolific offense in the school's history.To the coaches and parents, but especially to Bradley, Taylor, Hunter, and Kaleb, I'm sending out a heartfelt "thank you" for your efforts and the enjoyment you've brought to me and this community. Here's hoping for a New Year full of scholarships for those hoping to play at the next level! Merry Christmas to all!

No one will say it better! The first part of your post needs nothing more said. The last part of your post rolls a tear down the cheek. Congratulations to the athletes who were concensus. congratulations to all.

The 5A list has just hit www.tricitiessports.com Ryan Church and Ashlon Adams for DB. Zack Fleming did not make the list.

So ET what does this say about the two polls? And your view of the 4 Southers on the 4A list?

The 4 Southers all deserved the honors that they got.Ashlon Adams also deserved the honors.But he made it by the passes that he caught from DBS quarterback,if i am not mistaken was player of the year in the Big East.Yes there is

a lot of politics in these polls,but it starts with the coaches.W. Bateman should have been lineman of the year in my opinion.

The 4 Southers all deserved the honors that they got.Ashlon Adams also deserved the honors.But he made it by the passes that he caught from DBS quarterback,if i am not mistaken was player of the year in the Big East.

Yes i say there is a lot of politics involved in these polls.W. Bateman should have been on that list also.Lineman

of the year in my opinion.

It's good to rely on someone who always calls it straight up.

It is hard to explain how Jamie did not make the team after being named OPOTY in the Big East. Likewise Will was very deserving from what I read and saw on TV. Both were very deserving had they been named. Aside from politics ,I believe another factor relates to the way you see basketball all -tourney teams named. The higher the finish, the more players rewarded. In this regard ,I believe South's windfall was partially result of playing in the limelight against Maryville in the 07 semi and this year in the quarters,whereas DB's disappointing early exit may have cost

more individual honors. JMHO

Congrats to Kier and to Devin from Powell on making the list. I really thought the panthers might get one more on defense, either Cardio, Phillips, or Barnes. All had outstanding years and led the Panthers to their best season in recent memory. I got the chance to see Kitzmiller and Fletcher at the South Maryville game their JR years. Both those kids can play some ball. I was especially impressed with Fletcher, hard nosed tailback who really stuck it up in there well. I thought Coach Carter kinda got away from what got them there against Maryville that year and just tried to rely on Curt too much. I'm a firm believer that Knoxville football is a cut above NET football, but for sure, Fletcher could start for the majority of the teams in this area from what I saw that night. And from everything that I heard out of that area the Beadle kid and the Davenport kid had great great years so congrats to those guys as well. As for Barnes, according to Prepxtra.com he recorded 92 total hits (54 solo and 38 assists) as well as 7 sacks and 2 interceptions...for a defensive end that is an incredible year. Further, not that voters could have considered this, but Barnes plays in Powell's 3-3-5 stack defense which makes it a little bit tougher to make plays for a defensive lineman, but I'm sure that all the kids that made it were well deserving. I'm just trying to get Barnes a little pub. Watch out for the Stone kid from Clinton next year he's going to be special next year and that team will have plenty of success to get them the press coverage too. Oh and lastly, the Revis kid from Rhea County can really play as well, I'm a little surprised that his teammate (don't know his name but i believe he committed to MTSU) is a physical freak. Huge kid who moves really well for a big man. I think he'll be an impressive college lineman and has a chance to get paid to play if he works hard enough. Thanks to all the high school heroes who made this year a whole lot of fun. Let the countdown begin.

Congrats to Kier and to Devin from Powell on making the list. I really thought the panthers might get one more on defense, either Cardio, Phillips, or Barnes. All had outstanding years and led the Panthers to their best season in recent memory. I got the chance to see Kitzmiller and Fletcher at the South Maryville game their JR years. Both those kids can play some ball. I was especially impressed with Fletcher, hard nosed tailback who really stuck it up in there well. I thought Coach Carter kinda got away from what got them there against Maryville that year and just tried to rely on Curt too much. I'm a firm believer that Knoxville football is a cut above NET football, but for sure, Fletcher could start for the majority of the teams in this area from what I saw that night. And from everything that I heard out of that area the Beadle kid and the Davenport kid had great great years so congrats to those guys as well. As for Barnes, according to Prepxtra.com he recorded 92 total hits (54 solo and 38 assists) as well as 7 sacks and 2 interceptions...for a defensive end that is an incredible year. Further, not that voters could have considered this, but Barnes plays in Powell's 3-3-5 stack defense which makes it a little bit tougher to make plays for a defensive lineman, but I'm sure that all the kids that made it were well deserving. I'm just trying to get Barnes a little pub. Watch out for the Stone kid from Clinton next year he's going to be special next year and that team will have plenty of success to get them the press coverage too. Oh and lastly, the Revis kid from Rhea County can really play as well, I'm a little surprised that his teammate (don't know his name but i believe he committed to MTSU) is a physical freak. Huge kid who moves really well for a big man. I think he'll be an impressive college lineman and has a chance to get paid to play if he works hard enough. Thanks to all the high school heroes who made this year a whole lot of fun. Let the countdown begin.

I agree completely that Barnes deserved to be on the TSWA All-State team. He had a great year. It would have been nice to see Central's Wolfenbarger (166 total hits, 8 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries) on the team. But he did make the Coach's All-State team and will play in the KY/TN Border Bowl. We need to congratulate all who made either team.

Chad Coleman LB from Anderson County. He had a great senior year, very deserving.

I AGREE WITH YOU. AFTER WATCHING ALL THE HIGH SCHOOLS IN EAST TN FOR 25 YEARS, I HAVE NOT SEEN A FB PLAYER MEAN SO MUCH TO HIS FB TEAM. ALL OF US IN ANDERSON COUNTY WILL MISS WATCHING ON FRIDAY NITES-COACHES/TEACHERS/THE BOARD OF EDU & ALL FB FANS NO MATTER THE TEAM YOU LIKE & PULL FOR, HE WAS THE ONLY FB PLAYER IN MAVERICK HISTORY TO START AS FR. EVEN KERR NEVER STARTED HIS OWN SON AS FR.HE WAS HEART & SOUL FOR THE MAVS FOUR YEARS. THE FULTON COACH & AE COACH TOLD ME THAT TO BEAT AC YOU HAD TO DOUBLE TEAM HIM OR HOLD & TACKLE HIM TO HAVE A CHANCE AND CLINTONS COACH WAS HIGH ON HIM, TOO. I HOPE AC WILL HAVE SOMEONE STEP UP & PLAY LIKE HE DOES. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Dont set there and tell us LL Kerr didnt start his son as a freshmen. He started ever game for 4 years. He even had a kid from Halls using his address so he could play for AC. Can't remember his name but he was a big fat red head that was kin to one of the Halls players.

You don't have anything positive to say at all do you? I bet you're just a barrel of laughs to be around. Take your haterade some place else and get a life. Maybe if you spent as much time on trying to be positive as you did being negative, a lot more people including myself might take you a little more seriously when you post a comment. Have a good life...if you possibly can, despite yourself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />