Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

The Big 9 looks to be Science Hill's to lose. How do the rest stack up? Will Dobyns Bennett rebound? Who looks to be major contributors for their respective teams? Will District 1 dominate District 2 and take Region 1? Does the conference hold more than one sectional contender? The new season is just around the corner, let's talk about it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does look like The Toppers will be back in force again this year. D-No and McKinney are about as good as it gets on the mound. Solid lineup again this year.

DB should rebound very well this spring with an improved pitching staff and a great field to work with this year. Overcast, Harvey , Doran and Brandon should start the season in pretty good shape on the mound. Need a couple more arms to really get there, hopefully there are a couple more that will step up. The Tribe should be much improved over last year. Couple of holes to fill out this spring but should be pretty good all the way around.

Crockett looks to be a formitable foe as well this year. Massie and Freeman should lead the team with some solid hitting and pitching.

Coach Payne has a solid core of players for THS Vikes.

South could be down this year compared to last. But they still have some good baseball players. Archer should have a great season.

It's in the air and only a month away from the 1st scrimmages.

• 3 weeks later...

Plowboy, do you know who the Indians will be playing out of conference this year? Tournaments?

Unicoi County Home and away. Betsy Home. Both of those home games will be Saturday games at The Fred.

Oak Ridge, Morristown East, Seymour, Pigeon Forge all @ home.

A very good home schedule this year, maybe some help for the woes we had with the field last year.

Is it confirmed the Districts will be played @ Central this year?

Science Hill has that site listed on their schedule.

Not 100% 0n Tourneys. The Tribe will host the Coca Cola Tournament again this year. April 1st thru 3rd. Have not seen the entry list yet.

Unicoi County Home and away. Betsy Home. Both of those home games will be Saturday games at The Fred.

Oak Ridge, Morristown East, Seymour, Pigeon Forge all @ home.

A very good home schedule this year, maybe some help for the woes we had with the field last year.

Is it confirmed the Districts will be played @ Central this year?

Science Hill has that site listed on their schedule.

Not 100% 0n Tourneys. The Tribe will host the Coca Cola Tournament again this year. April 1st thru 3rd. Have not seen the entry list yet.

I'm not sure if the District Tournament will be held at Sullivan Central. It would not surprise me, it has been held at Sullivan East and Sullivan South in years past. I guess its part of the rotation the Big 9 seems to use in baseball. Unfortunately there will be no where to sit.

I did the math and DB will have 14 home games, and 9 away games, for a total of 23 games, not counting tournaments. Our farthest away game is @ Unicoi County. Your right, not a bad schedule at all.

Should we expect a second or third place finish?

Should we expect a second or third place finish?

Well TCSF it all comes down to pitching. I feel like the Tribe has a solid starting 4. It is the next level that they need to pick it up. Soph's Seabolt, Bellamy and Cross are the future arms and we will need them this spring. Osborne and Big Dave must be able to fill the gaps and close out some games.

I feel like the Indians will have a solid hitting line up .

The defense looks pretty good. Should have a tight infield. Soild up the middle at Short and 2nd ,good speed and arms in the outfiled, pretty good behind the plate.

We will see.

Well TCSF it all comes down to pitching. I feel like the Tribe has a solid starting 4. It is the next level that they need to pick it up. Soph's Seabolt, Bellamy and Cross are the future arms and we will need them this spring. Osborne and Big Dave must be able to fill the gaps and close out some games.

I feel like the Indians will have a solid hitting line up .

The defense looks pretty good. Should have a tight infield. Soild up the middle at Short and 2nd ,good speed and arms in the outfiled, pretty good behind the plate.

We will see.

Sounds good PD.This could be a good team all around. Roll Tribe Roll

Puttin on The Ritz in 09

Science Hill is without question the team to beat in 09. The 2 seed will be a battle. I like Crockett as my dark horse to be runner-up this year. They return a solid team from last year and have 3 quality starters on the mound. Should be a competitive year in the Big 9 2 thru 9.

SH is def. the team to beat. Returnin the best pitcher in the area ( McKinney ) and should be very solid defensively, I think half the team has already signed somewhere. But with Mckinney and Norris the rest of the conference will be playin for 2nd place. I like Dobyns Bennett for 2nd place, they were young and inexperienced last year only returnin one starter from the year before ( Crawford ), but really seemed to gel later in the year, especially playin together in the summer i think will def. pay off. DB will have 4 quality pitchers that got alot of experience last year. 3rd place i like Crockett with Clint Freeman and Massey, and they also had a good team in the summer. Then Tn High, South, Central and so on.