Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

What? My offer did NOT include the care of your skeletons. I have my very own storage building full to take care of all on my own. OK, actually Greg does a good job for me. See, I take out all my skeletons and flaunt them around and party with them & stuff--- that way no one can tell a story on me that I haven't told on my very own self! It keeps life kinda simple, like my little cobwebbed mind! Rebelgate....I think you're on to something! I'm thinking....I smell smoke....must sleep on it....could be brilliant and always financially beneficial or I don't do it....hum, you just might have found a way to pay off all those rings, houses, manicures, and hairdos you bought but didn't get to use....I'll get back to you...

Love, Mom

Hey now, the smoke was a long time ago! And, I didn't inhale! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know BJ, you ain't as bad as I first thought. I do understand some of your "beef" with A too. But, I think you are being a little too hard on him. I mean, I get it. He ain't no Coach Z, but he ain't no DG either!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> We've been blessed with some good baseball coaches at South over the 30 years. Wow, has it been that long? Averaging over 20 wins a year ain't nothing to sneeze at right? And, don't sell this South club short. I think they are just one pitcher and one stick away from being a very good club. We have two sophs that can swing the sticks with the best of 'em. Got some good youngins coming up too. Next year's freshman team will be loaded.

VMS,

Have mercy son! I just picked myself up off the floor after mama had dialed 911 so we had to cancel the ambulance real quick! You understand me, we are on the same page, we have bonded!!! I guess BTMom is baking celebratory cookies and fixin Kool Aid for us as we speak! She must be a lovely lady since you "caved" on the first attack from her and it did take you a few pages to come around where my point of view is concerned.

From the sound of your diatribe, you must be a, what was it you called me BTMom? A sage??? Yeah that's it VMS, you're a sage just like me! 30 years is a long time in my scorebook no way how you score it! And 20 wins a year is good and there have been some good athletes come outta there....Carter being one of them and hey, the Nelson boys one of who up here with us. I've known Z for a long time and I liked the way he coached. He too was from the old school of coaching. These young whipper snappers are sometimes too self-centered and just arrogant jerks. A ain't been the only one. That Fitzpatrick guy about ruined the program! I'm of the opinion that you ought not cuss the kids, threaten and not follow through, pick favorites, completely ignore your community and parents unless you want money or be totally unfair to a number of players. You ought to be getting colleges to look at your young men and try to help them get to college not telling them it ain't your job. If you care about the kids, it IS your job. You shouldn't just dismiss left-handed pitchers like BTMom's son, and invite other kids to play and then set them on the bench like my neighbor's friend's kid was. That's cruel to a high school athlete. What's the purpose in that crap? Education oughta rank right up there next to God and baseball!

You're a pretty nice old codger yourself and perhaps we can chat right on thru this rainy tourney. If it rained every 4 days, guess Archer could move you guys right along. So could Dez!

Got them cookies done yet, BTMom?

And you all quit inhalin that smoke. It just ain't good fer your lungs and such.

You're a pretty nice old codger yourself and perhaps we can chat right on thru this rainy tourney. If it rained every 4 days, guess Archer could move you guys right along. So could Dez!

There'll be no games again today. Wonder when they'll decide to move it to D-B? I'd say we'll see Tristan vs. Dez tomorrow huh?

There'll be no games again today. Wonder when they'll decide to move it to D-B? I'd say we'll see Tristan vs. Dez tomorrow huh?

Ritz told them at the coach's meeting that they could move it there before play began but once play began he would not allow them to move it. I sure don't see it happening now that he has been put out. I would make everyone else play it out on that field. I would not allow them the luxury of coming to my field.

what happens if they are not able to play the games before the next level is planned to begin? Do you go back or just take the top teams left or the two in the winner's bracket?

Big thunder storms and heavy rain for this afternoon. I give credit to the coaches at Central. They've held a good tournamet as best they could but I think it's time to move to the store-bought grass surface. The DB facility is outstanding and would be a more sensible place to work this out. I imagine Archer will be their man as Dez will be ours. This postponing is cutting into the momentum I believe. It doesn't make for a good climate and mother nature ain't helping any.

NETFan, I just read your post and I had sure not thought of that at all. Once Ritz makes up his mind that's all she wrote and I can't say as I blame him on that one. So VMS, looks like we're stuck out in the county. I imagine they'll try for Sat and Sunday if the weather remains bad right on until the weekend. I been reading some threads of boys on down the road and they're having the same trouble as us. This gets more interesting by the hour!

Ritz told them at the coach's meeting that they could move it there before play began but once play began he would not allow them to move it. I sure don't see it happening now that he has been put out. I would make everyone else play it out on that field. I would not allow them the luxury of coming to my field.

what happens if they are not able to play the games before the next level is planned to begin? Do you go back or just take the top teams left or the two in the winner's bracket?

I think the tourney should always be played at D-B like I said before. But, if this is Ritz's attitude, that is a poor attitude to take. Ritz being put out?? Give me a break! The only "put out" he got was on Saturday! You can't blame Central for not wanting to move it to start with. It was their time to host and host they should if at all possible.

I think the tourney should always be played at D-B like I said before. But, if this is Ritz's attitude, that is a poor attitude to take. Ritz being put out?? Give me a break! The only "put out" he got was on Saturday! You can't blame Central for not wanting to move it to start with. It was their time to host and host they should if at all possible.

It should never be their time to host. There is nowhere to sit, and no way to cover the field. At least some of the schools have field tarps. The coaches have done a good job with what they have had to deal with. They need to understand that it is about sending our best representatives to the sub state and beyond. As it stands now the two advancing teams are going to be tired and pitching rotations will be screwed.

The coaches could look at the weather forecast and see that it was likely going to rain. They were given an opportunity to move the location. As usual it was county vs. city schools. THS, SH, and DB wanted to move it to DB. I don't see what advantage it gives the city schools other than DB gets to play on its home field. Next year the tournament is to be played at Boone. Same thing. Less than 100 seats and no tarp. They split the gate receipts so there is very little money to be made. THey need to wisen up.

It should never be their time to host. There is nowhere to sit, and no way to cover the field. At least some of the schools have field tarps. The coaches have done a good job with what they have had to deal with. They need to understand that it is about sending our best representatives to the sub state and beyond. As it stands now the two advancing teams are going to be tired and pitching rotations will be screwed.

The coaches could look at the weather forecast and see that it was likely going to rain. They were given an opportunity to move the location. As usual it was county vs. city schools. THS, SH, and DB wanted to move it to DB. I don't see what advantage it gives the city schools other than DB gets to play on its home field. Next year the tournament is to be played at Boone. Same thing. Less than 100 seats and no tarp. They split the gate receipts so there is very little money to be made. THey need to wisen up.

I agree 100%. But, if I were Krantz and the Central people, I would not have wanted to move it either. Maybe, after this year, they will all agree that it's best to play it at D-B.

This is painful. I think we all want the Big 9 to represent at the Boro. Nothing against the IMAC but if we don't get these games in the IMAC games could become as big a challenege as a Knoxville Sub State game.

Just another day of rain or so this tourney goes to single elimination and Crockett and Science Hill are playing for 1 and 2 who travels who plays at home.

Pull the tarp at the Fred and you can play in 15 minutes.

The Confereence needs an AD limit the term for 2 years. No city for more than 2 term no county for more than 2. Wait.. thats to easy. Would have to make it more complicated than that.

Good luck to all I hope they can play tonight.

Good luck to all I hope they can play tonight.

Ain't no way they are going to play tonight unless they have rubber rafts in the outfield, life jackets on the pitchers, the infield wearing waders, and the catchers sportin fog horns atop their helmets. We'd have to install lightening rods on top of the concession stand and me and VolmanScott just ain't got the time or the energy to do that today!! Matter of fact, I just passed by Central on the way to take mama shoppin over at Hamrick's so she can save me some money and I seen Krantz and Haun laying out the foundation for an ark on the football field. We may just have to roll the dice, draw sticks, take a number. Time may end before this tournament gets back on track. I'm startin to feel like a prune.