Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This shouldn't be Ritz's decision anyway should it? I'll call Cary and get this done! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Today??™s game has been cancelled

New Tournament schedule:

Thursday

4:00 Crockett vs Science Hill

6:00 East Vs South

8:00 Loser 4:00 vs Winner 6:00

Friday

5:30 Championship

8:00 If Necessary

Ain't no way they are going to play tonight unless they have rubber rafts in the outfield, life jackets on the pitchers, the infield wearing waders, and the catchers sportin fog horns atop their helmets. We'd have to install lightening rods on top of the concession stand and me and VolmanScott just ain't got the time or the energy to do that today!! Matter of fact, I just passed by Central on the way to take mama shoppin over at Hamrick's so she can save me some money and I seen Krantz and Haun laying out the foundation for an ark on the football field. We may just have to roll the dice, draw sticks, take a number. Time may end before this tournament gets back on track. I'm startin to feel like a prune.

So what is the system for not getting the games in?

Highest seeds still left?

Two left in winner's bracket?

Someone said there was an absurd line that says it goes back to the top seeds at the start.

What is the plan?

So what is the system for not getting the games in?

Highest seeds still left?

Two left in winner's bracket?

Someone said there was an absurd line that says it goes back to the top seeds at the start.

What is the plan?

I was wondering why I saw Hoover doing a rain dance earlier today!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My understanding it would be the 2 teams left in the winners bracket, once you are elimanated your out Boone is done! The "Hill" and Crockett would move on and rep the Big 9.

Kinda funny how nobody is saying anything about moving the tourney to Cardinal Park heard it was also offered, That was right before Ritz agreed to go ahead and play at Central! LOL!

And to say they should hold the districts at a location every year (unless it is a neutral site) is just plain crazy! You would be giving the host team an unfair advantage year in year out, regaurdless of whose field it was played on!

Why are we acting like this is the first time rain has ever interupted district play? Hey BJ what did they do back in the day?

One last thing you guys are giving some of these coaches way too much credit, you really think these coaches have groomed these kids to where the are now? LOL?

I got two words for you "PRIVATE LESSONS"! Atleast 60% of the kids playing have taken them! Nothing wrong with that if you wanna play bad enough and truely want to get better you have to go the extra mile!

In those famous words "Let's play two"!

REBEL NATION!

My understanding it would be the 2 teams left in the winners bracket, once you are elimanated your out Boone is done! The "Hill" and Crockett would move on and rep the Big 9.

Kinda funny how nobody is saying anything about moving the tourney to Cardinal Park heard it was also offered, That was right before Ritz agreed to go ahead and play at Central! LOL!

And to say they should hold the districts at a location every year (unless it is a neutral site) is just plain crazy! You would be giving the host team an unfair advantage year in year out, regaurdless of whose field it was played on!

Why are we acting like this is the first time rain has ever interupted district play? Hey BJ what did they do back in the day?

One last thing you guys are giving some of these coaches way too much credit, you really think these coaches have groomed these kids to where the are now? LOL?

I got two words for you "PRIVATE LESSONS"! Atleast 60% of the kids playing have taken them! Nothing wrong with that if you wanna play bad enough and truely want to get better you have to go the extra mile!

REBEL NATION!

So your boys are out then. What happens after they play tomorrow?

I have tried to find out and no one knows for sure. The only thing for sure is that SH is in. Who gets the second spot if anyone's guess if they do not finish it.

Anyone know other than guessing.

REBEL NATION!

You are correct Cardinal park was mentioned, few more tools to use there to protect the field I guess. But still would have been tough to get it in there. It is what it is and whats done is done. I understand why not many would want to go to DB or SH to play if it could be helped.

Advantage under normal playing conditions maybe , but IMO these weather conditions are hurting the Big 9 as a whole.

Gives us all a chance to be Armchair Managers, like we need more chances.

As a fan of all of these baseball players I want them to rep us in the best possible situation down the road. Lets hope the weather breaks tonight and they can get it in tomorrow and Friday. They will need the rest Saturday and Sunday instead of the Tuesday and Wednesday break they got.

Whom ever the top 2 may end up being I hope we keep the thread rolling supporting them.

As far as the gate goes I hope they make enough to cover the mule mix used this week. We may need to pass the hat for Krantz tomorrow night. How much is a bag anyway $25? We quit buying it over here in the city! LOL! Just kidding!

You are correct Cardinal park was mentioned, few more tools to use there to protect the field I guess. But still would have been tough to get it in there. It is what it is and whats done is done. I understand why not many would want to go to DB or SH to play if it could be helped.

Advantage under normal playing conditions maybe , but IMO these weather conditions are hurting the Big 9 as a whole.

Gives us all a chance to be Armchair Managers, like we need more chances.

As a fan of all of these baseball players I want them to rep us in the best possible situation down the road. Lets hope the weather breaks tonight and they can get it in tomorrow and Friday. They will need the rest Saturday and Sunday instead of the Tuesday and Wednesday break they got.

Whom ever the top 2 may end up being I hope we keep the thread rolling supporting them.

As far as the gate goes I hope they make enough to cover the mule mix used this week. We may need to pass the hat for Krantz tomorrow night. How much is a bag anyway $25? We quit buying it over here in the city! LOL! Just kidding!

Who in the world wants to play at cardinal park? That place is terr---ble.With that bank.

Maybe they sold enough hot dogs to pay for the wet/dry mix.I heard all the fans were under

the tents eating Mr.Roberts home made chili and dogs.Home cooking advantage.Go Patriots

!

I got two words for you "PRIVATE LESSONS"! Atleast 60% of the kids playing have taken them!

REBEL NATION!

I've tried to recall if this ever happened before and we have had delays but nothing that I remember like this. You gotta remember old timer's is right around the corner so don't quote me on that. I talked to a buddy of mine who says it could come down to overall record and even total runs scored! Now that's a job for a sharp-minded individual which would eliminate a few of these young coaches! I agree with Mr. RebelsBaseball (nice picture by the way) {VolmanScott now understands my point of view} your rebel baseball coach in particular does no "grooming" and many today don't. They want talent right here right now and they don't teach a blasted thing. Over in our area, Coach Payne has a baseball facility that is really used by a lot of our players for individual work and private lessons. I understand you also have one in Kingsport but it is "OFF LIMITS" to some of your high school players. I already mentioned a friend, Coach Dave Rutherford, who was probably one of the best teaching coaches around. I ran into an old friend today and when I mentioned the cussing situation, he brought up another old Coach Johnny McKamey, over here in the East area who never and I mean NEVER used foul language to riducule, correct, or demean a player. I'd forgotten about that. I think we'll get the games in and if not, it's anybody's ball game.

Dang BJ, we're even starting to log on at the same time! This is scary! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> So, I assume it'll be ace vs. ace don't you? You still think the Pats pull it off? You know I'm picking my Rebs. I would have given you a shot until the rains came. But, with TA on the hill, it'll be awfully tough for your boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So your boys are out then. What happens after they play tomorrow?

I have tried to find out and no one knows for sure. The only thing for sure is that SH is in. Who gets the second spot if anyone's guess if they do not finish it.

Anyone know other than guessing.

What? Where did I say WE were out YET? Only if they can't get the games in, will it refer back to the two teams left in the winners bracket. The reason for the double header tomorrow is so they can eliminate two teams in one day, so if they are unable to finish this out after tomorrow, they still have thier two teams to move on. How hard is that to figure out? And the is nobody in for sure yet! The "Hill" could lose to Crockett then turn around and fall to the winner of the South/East game. Anything goes this has been one crazy year!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BOYS PLAYING THIS GAME WE LOVE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REBEL NATION!

I've tried to recall if this ever happened before and we have had delays but nothing that I remember like this. You gotta remember old timer's is right around the corner so don't quote me on that. I talked to a buddy of mine who says it could come down to overall record and even total runs scored! Now that's a job for a sharp-minded individual which would eliminate a few of these young coaches! I agree with Mr. RebelsBaseball (nice picture by the way) {VolmanScott now understands my point of view} your rebel baseball coach in particular does no "grooming" and many today don't. They want talent right here right now and they don't teach a blasted thing. Over in our area, Coach Payne has a baseball facility that is really used by a lot of our players for individual work and private lessons. I understand you also have one in Kingsport but it is "OFF LIMITS" to some of your high school players. I already mentioned a friend, Coach Dave Rutherford, who was probably one of the best teaching coaches around. I ran into an old friend today and when I mentioned the cussing situation, he brought up another old Coach Johnny McKamey, over here in the East area who never and I mean NEVER used foul language to riducule, correct, or demean a player. I'd forgotten about that. I think we'll get the games in and if not, it's anybody's ball game.

BJ, Not sure why the hard feelings toward our coach, but I assure you he has brought out strengths in players I didn't think possible. Do I agree with the way some coaches use thier tactics no, but do I agree with everything my wife says either, every coach has his way of trying to motivate his players. We don't have to agree on everything but just because we deem it to be different than what we would do does that truely make it wrong? We can form your own opinions about people, but until we have walked a mile in thier shoes we have no right to judge them!

I notice you keep metioning Coach Rutherford, any relation? Dave is a fine coach and even a more outstanding individual! My dad has known Coach Rutherford for 50+ years, and has always spoke highly of him!

Rain, Rain Go Away! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Nice avitar also!

REBEL NATION!