Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quoted what you wrote. Read what you write.

Read what I wrote, I did not state make the team.

Above you say beat out a player where previously you wrote..

"They have guys that will not play that could start anywhere on other teams"

moooving on.

You got me. But if I don't know them you tell us something we don't know. You stated the obvious. The best pitcher on each team. Great. Everyone already knew that.

I was trying to tell the facts about the players and teams. But I will do it your way.

Science Hill will win more than they will lose.

DB will win a few games and lose some.

Crockett will lose some they should win.

Boone will lose more than they should.

There breaking news.

Science Hill still has players that could "start for other teams that will not play for them because of their tremendous talent."

The big story will be that everyone except DB, East, Central, and Volunteer have an ace that can beat anyone on any given day. The catch is who the coaches will throw those aces against. I know you are a homer, so if you think DB has an ace I would like to know who it is.

You got me. But if I don't know them you tell us something we don't know. You stated the obvious. The best pitcher on each team. Great. Everyone already knew that.

I was trying to tell the facts about the players and teams. But I will do it your way.

There breaking news.

Science Hill still has players that could "start for other teams that will not play for them because of their tremendous talent."

The big story will be that everyone except DB, East, Central, and Volunteer have an ace that can beat anyone on any given day. The catch is who the coaches will throw those aces against. I know you are a homer, so if you think DB has an ace I would like to know who it is.

I talked to some Kingsport parents last year that said DB would be weak this year. I heard they did not field a 9th grade team last year. At the end of school last spring, the baseball coach had potential prospects from Ross Robinson and John Sevier working out to see if there was any talent he could use this year. Ross Robinson has a good team last year, but their pitching was suspect. I also heard that T Porter (one of Robinson's good players) moved to North Carolina.

There breaking news.

I like it......please keep this up. All this and that about SH and their "special" talent.......news flash SH better watch their heels as Crockett and DB are right behind. You obviously don't have a clue about the talent on these two teams. Thanks again for adding to the motivation for other teams. Being an underdog is a good spot to be as the almightly can tumble. I'll be in the stands to watch.

I talked to some Kingsport parents last year that said DB would be weak this year. I heard they did not field a 9th grade team last year. At the end of school last spring, the baseball coach had potential prospects from Ross Robinson and John Sevier working out to see if there was any talent he could use this year. Ross Robinson has a good team last year, but their pitching was suspect. I also heard that T Porter (one of Robinson's good players) moved to North Carolina.

Did U hear anything else? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Honky Tonk Man sez...

You have heard from the rest now hear from the best.

The One and Only Big 9 pre season baseball poll .

1. Science Hill

Chances are they will repeat in '09 but haw haw haw don't spect a perfect run in the Big 9 this year. The bigger you are the harder you fall. Just ask me & I'll tell ya.

2. Dobyns Bennett

The numbers don't lie folks. They have more numbers than anyone in the state. Shake rattle and Roll Tribe Roll.

The boys of summer had one heck of a rootin tootin summer going 17-2 including the 1 run beat down of an all big 9 allstar team. like the Litt'l girl said..."they're back"

3. Tennessee High

J-Rod in tha house. That boy is a real crowd pleaser at short. This team is aweful. Aweful full of athletes that is.

4. Davy Crockett

King of the Wild Frontier. And they will be baseball fans. King of the Wild Frontier but not the asphalt jungle baaaaaby! Poised to be the conference sleeper. Welcome to the Jungle Baby , we got fun and games.

5. South

With all do respect the South aint gonna do it again in 09. The pride of pactolus had a hard time getting to 9 so they will be bringing up some boys from the grid iron. They do have a few that might have Robby The Robot warning Will Robinson, but I doubt there will be many suprises.

6. Volunteer

The Hony Tonk Man has been tough on The Falcons in the past, but he is here to tell you these boys will have a few of their own shining moments on the diamond.

7. Boone

Good fellers , nice field but The Honky Tonk Man don't see em winning as many as needed. Blondie should get the Trail Blazers 4 or so in the W W W column.

8. Central

Anything can happen in the District Tourney. And Central has that on their side this year by hosting.

9. East

Out 358 not quite to Hickory Tree but if ya hit the gravels you gone too far. ? Somebody had to finish last. Them some good ole boys out that way. Gaby is one heck of a player but I don't think he can carry the whole deal all season.

The Honky Tonk Man One and Only pre-season poll.

Get on down with ya bad self. It don't matter baby it's all good and it's all right! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> 0

???I??™m cool, I??™m cocky and I??™m bad.???

We??™ll have ya singing a sad song!

Thats the future indians, We're talking about this year, and this year the Indians will really surprise some people and carry over from a very good summer. Last year was a down year but everyone knew it was coming because the 08' class had very few athletes period. Your not going to win 30 games every year, and thats what DB fans had come accustomed 2 the past 5 or 6 years. Now that this team has had a full season of playing together, and only losing one starter, returns their best pitcher Gabe Overcast who was 1st team all conf. for some of u that say DB doesnt have an ace, and returning senior SS Crawford ( who ETSU is recruiting ), this team will def. make some noise this year and have something to prove.

Thats the future indians, We're talking about this year, and this year the Indians will really surprise some people and carry over from a very good summer. Last year was a down year but everyone knew it was coming because the 08' class had very few athletes period. Your not going to win 30 games every year, and thats what DB fans had come accustomed 2 the past 5 or 6 years. Now that this team has had a full season of playing together, and only losing one starter, returns their best pitcher Gabe Overcast who was 1st team all conf. for some of u that say DB doesnt have an ace, and returning senior SS Crawford ( who ETSU is recruiting ), this team will def. make some noise this year and have something to prove.

Not to mention they have a field to practice on all year. Jumping around from field to field trying to practice and not having a "home field" most of last year really effected the Tribe last season. I know it sounds like an excuse but that takes a toll on a team. They have their field ready and their practice facility is top notch. This will provide the stability and consistancy they missed last year.

I believe it will be

SH - got players running out their dugout. They have guys that will not play that could start anywhere on other teams.

South - will ride the arm of Archer. It will drop off after him, if his arm doesn't drop off first.

THS or Boone - Krebbs is the man for THS. If he stays on, you can count those games. If he does like he can, they could be in trouble.

Boone - have a lot of throwers. It will be interesting to see how they can come together. A lot of them only played sparingly last year. The younger Connell did not throw much last year due to basketball injury so it will be interesting to see how he does in high school.

DB - They also do not have a pitcher that is dominant. They have several throwers.

Crockett - Massey and Freeman are pitchers. Massey did not have a good summer and Freeman is sporadic. They can't win the big games.

East - They had a great JV last year and have some good players coming.

Central - Has the players just can't seem to play together.

Volunteer - Got killed last summer in many games.

It will be interesting to see how coaches play SH. Will they throw their aces and try to win or throw someone and try to get lucky and not get beat bad.

Most teams have a dominant pitcher, but most don't have two that are consistent.

I'm pretty sure Volunteer lost only 2 games this summer to the edge and Boone and both times all there basketball players wasn't there.

One takes a sabbatical, and you guys run off and get this thread moving. Love it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

plowboy, this will be my first year back watching a Ritz coached team. You understand my displeasure in years past. I'm mostly coming back to see your boy play, best of luck to him. I'm also hoping to see Gabe Overcast have a great year. I worked with his father at Northeast State and currently work with his mother at Andrew Johnson Elementary, nice people. Hope to see you around.

By the way, plowboy, do you have the rest of the Indians schedule by chance?

I'm pretty sure Volunteer lost only 2 games this summer to the edge and Boone and both times all there basketball players wasn't there.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> That would be correct Yankeefan44....Volunteer had a great summer they were 9-2 even with alot of the varsity players in basketball.