Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

traditionally they do not announce them until everyone has lost.

I thought I saw the all-conference team in the Johnson City Press within the past week. The only name I remember was that Daniel Norris was the conference MVP. I will check if there are no other responses.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I saw the all-conference team in the Johnson City Press within the past week. The only name I remember was that Daniel Norris was the conference MVP. I will check if there are no other responses.

I may be wrong but I believe that was all-tournament. They do a separate all-conference that has first and second team and honorable mention. I have not seen the all-conference.

That was the all-tournament team that was listed in the press. Norris was the MVP

I can't remember all the selections but I know McKinney, Patterson and Reed from Science Hill made it, along with Shipley, Freeman, and Deloach from Crockett and Archer from South.

• 2 weeks later...

SH loses to Bearden 3 - 11. Not one of D-No's better games. Good season to SH. All that is left is Crockett.

Now that the 2009 season is over, what are the predictions for 2010? What are the preliminary scouting reports for 2010?

SH is losing 11 seniors. Starters returning are:

McPhearson--ss Rising senior

Thompson--2b Rising junior

Norris--of/p Rising junior

A few rising seniors will be stepping in:

DelGeico--First base

Ashburn--DH

The SH JV was not overpowering. The freshman team had a good defensive outfield and good pitching. Freshman hitting was suspect. Nevertheless, SH will be competitive any time Norris pitches.

What are the 2010 predictions for all of the Big 9? Who's returning, etc?? Hear there is a strong upcoming junior class at most schools.

Crockett will have the team to beat. Almost everything coming back and some good upcomers to fill the voids.

SH will reload and be competitive at the top.

THS will not be the same. Good pitching coming back but no Krebbs and they have road him the past two years.

South will not have an Archer or anyone like him. They will be middle of pack.

DB will not have the pitching but will have good defense.

Boone will have Connell. Have two other lefties that may help. Only three players that have ever played varsity.

Volunteer will be the same.

Central will have Harmon and that is it.

East will be out of conference.

The lefties will dominate when they are on the mound and then everyone except Crockett will struggle after their lefty starters Norris, Freeman, Connell, and Des.

BTW it should be Big 8 next year.

You can not evaluate what a team did in Freshman or JV and say what they will do at varsity. It is not even comparable in baseball.

Now that the 2009 season is over, what are the predictions for 2010? What are the preliminary scouting reports for 2010?

SH is losing 11 seniors. Starters returning are:

McPhearson--ss Rising senior

Thompson--2b Rising junior

Norris--of/p Rising junior

A few rising seniors will be stepping in:

DelGeico--First base

Ashburn--DH

The SH JV was not overpowering. The freshman team had a good defensive outfield and good pitching. Freshman hitting was suspect. Nevertheless, SH will be competitive any time Norris pitches.

Coach Edwards did a good job this year at mixing in some younger guys throughout the year, and I think that will pay dividends in '10. Arradondo saw time at 3b and could start there. Will Carter would have played more if not for injury, but looked good in the short times we saw him and looks to be a very promising player on the mound and at the plate. Tyler Wilson finished the season as a solid reliable pitcher for the Toppers and will likely be counted as the # 2 starter behind D-NO. Nick Fair even got a little time this year behind the plate. It'll be a rebuilding year for sure, but I think McPhearson will emerge as the leader of this team and the Toppers will take on his gritty hard nosed style of play and surprise a lot people in 2010.

Crockett will have the team to beat. Almost everything coming back and some good upcomers to fill the voids.

SH will reload and be competitive at the top.

THS will not be the same. Good pitching coming back but no Krebbs and they have road him the past two years.

South will not have an Archer or anyone like him. They will be middle of pack.

DB will not have the pitching but will have good defense.

Boone will have Connell. Have two other lefties that may help. Only three players that have ever played varsity.

Volunteer will be the same.

Central will have Harmon and that is it.

East will be out of conference.

The lefties will dominate when they are on the mound and then everyone except Crockett will struggle after their lefty starters Norris, Freeman, Connell, and Des.

BTW it should be Big 8 next year.

You can not evaluate what a team did in Freshman or JV and say what they will do at varsity. It is not even comparable in baseball.

I agree that Crockett looks good for next year. The question is how much will they miss Massey? SH looked great in 2008. They returned most of their players in 2009 with the exception of Lucas Anderson. But SH didn't look as good in 2009. Perhaps, the other teams got better, but I believe SH really missed Anderson. Crockett has a bevy of good players matriculating through their JV and Freshman teams.

I agree that TH has a couple of good pitchers coming up, but I don't think that they overpowering yet. I was impressed with the DB Freshman/JV shortstop.

The first "Big 9" & Upper East summer session started today at DB. Games pretty much from 9:30 to 8:00 Thurs Fri and Saturday at DB . At DB and North Sunday afternoon.

DB, Boone, Crockett, Volunteer, Central, THS, North, Unicoi, Betsy and I think East.

I noticed in the JC Press that the Edge is having a 17U tournament this weekend at Cardinal Park in Johnson City, Milligan in Elizabethton, and Boone in Grey.