Halls Red Devils

littlemn88

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if any of those rumors are true but if everyone sticks around I think Halls might have a good shot at making the playoffs next year. Clinton could walk away with the district title, and everyone else in 5A may be playing for the other 2 playoff spots. I was told that Anderson Co. and Campbell Co. both lost a ton of senior tallent and might be down next season. Someone from those schools correct me if I am wrong.

If that's the case, then Halls, Powell, and Central might be battling it out for the final 2 spots........but then, what do I know? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That is pretty much what i was thinking too phatcat. I was thinking that A.C. and C.C. were losing several senior players and that might make it tough for them early on in the season.

Clinton will have to stay healthy to have a shot at winning the district in my opinion.

As long as Halls dont lose kids by going to other schools, i think Halls could be a very good team next year.

Central should be alot better next season as well. Powell lost a great QB, but they are usually a strong team. Right now, i think it is too early to really seed the teams. There might be some kids move into the area that might help some of these teams out and some kids might transfer to other schools hurting their team's overall numbers.

The kids at Halls need to stick it out and stay. The worst thing they could do is transfer to another school. That would really hurt the program in my opinion. That is what happened at Clinton the last several years. Clinton had players going to other schools and quiting the team just because the team had lost some games. Then the program really went down hill from there. We are just now getting our program built back up to where it should be.

• 2 weeks later...

well, we are back in school and i don't see anyone missing. that is good news. some may still choose to leave but they have not yet. i know the seniors for next year, (gibby, G, jake l., fitzy and all) but i am not sure about the juniors-to-be (except #6) and the sophs-to-be. are any of them any good. are we going to be thin again this coming year or can some of the underclassman help out.

• 2 months later...

Losing Caleb Leonard hurts the running game. With no passing game to speak of last year I really wonder were the offense will come from. A team emphasis will have to be brought back and we can't rely on a few individuals it will take a big task to get back to the playoffs but it can be done. Good luck Devils.

We will be just fine. KJ will have the boys back into the playoffs. If he will listen to those that are in the know, and change his coaches around a little bit, we can go far into the playoffs. But if we keep the midget running the offense, he will run it into the ground (since hes so short he doesnt have far to go, HEHEHE).

We will be just fine. KJ will have the boys back into the playoffs. If he will listen to those that are in the know, and change his coaches around a little bit, we can go far into the playoffs. But if we keep the midget running the offense, he will run it into the ground (since hes so short he doesnt have far to go, HEHEHE).

If Williams continues to drop the passing game like last year we will be in serious do do. Don't tell me about Kitts the year before mentality either because we had a balanced attack that actually scared teams because we could strike in the air and Ward used it to perfection. Last year the passing game was a joke but running game was ok due to manchild Leonard with all those pancake blocks. With Leonard gone we better learn to mix it up or expect some lean times at the crossroads.

Halls needs a QB that can pass at least 5-10 times a game with success.

It isn't going to be any easier this year if we can't change up the offense and keep defenses off balance. I'm sure other schools have lost to graduation but Halls has to get that winning mentality back and find players that can move us in that direction.

I look forward to the May 15 scrimmage with DB at Halls.From the talent I seen last year,I think Halls will have a good team team in 2009.There are a lot of good teams in the knoxville area,and Halls has as good a chance as any going in.Our team at DB is young and the game with Clinton next year will be a tough one for us as well.

We got us a couple of potentially good QB's. We need somebody to coach them on what to do and how to do it. We need to throw the ball at least 15-20 times per game this season. That will open up the run game and make it easily to block on running plays. Get ride of the midget and let KJ call all of the plays on both sides of the ball. If not, then maybe we need a...? I will save that for another post on down the road.

We got us a couple of potentially good QB's. We need somebody to coach them on what to do and how to do it. We need to throw the ball at least 15-20 times per game this season. That will open up the run game and make it easily to block on running plays. Get ride of the midget and let KJ call all of the plays on both sides of the ball. If not, then maybe we need a...? I will save that for another post on down the road.

Throwing alot of incomplete passes only puts your offense in the hole. Just ask Coach Fulmer how that went last season. If TN had used the play selection they used against KY and Vandy the whole season, then I bet they would have beaten UCLA, Auburn, and Wyoming and probably another opponent somewhere.

Now, if those were 15-20 COMPLETE passes then that may be different story, but there hasn't been a Halls team in the last 10yrs. that has done that. Anyway, I've been told that Coach Hassel has been promoted to the official role of "passing-game coordinator." So, I look for things to be much improved.