2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

What SLOBBER is trying to say he is

He will miss the double wing stlye of offence.

And he is sweet on Coach Berrong.

It did not take the Slobber long to throw the first jab again.

DID YOU MISS ME SLOBBER?

What SLOBBER is trying to say here is.

Hw wishess the Doc would rest up and let the Slobber in his fan club.

SK has a man crush. M--I---C---K---E---Y M--O--U--S--E SK and his fan club /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What SLOBBER is trying to say he is

He will miss the double wing stlye of offence.

And he is sweet on Coach Berrong.

It did not take the Slobber long to throw the first jab again.

DID YOU MISS ME SLOBBER?

What SLOBBER is trying to say here is.

Hw wishess the Doc would rest up and let the Slobber in his fan club.

I think ole D.W. and M.L. will find a spot for me in the club.

Its going to be interesting.I think you will see the I and the spread,not unless a off.cord.is hired.Don't think you will see the double wing.

Alot of seniors are gone,15 teen if i counted right.Alot of holes to fill.I think the skilled positions are wide open.Could be alot of surprizes there.Don't think no one has those spots wrapped up.Do think b.bell will be at one of the wide outs spots,he proved that at the end of the year when he got his chance to play.Think the qb spot will be interresting to see who wins that battle.You have 8 spots to fill on offense.The way i hear it,their not even going to start working out until after the new year,except on vol.basis.So the kids who put in the extra work will probably have the upper hand.There line will be their strength,with 3 returning lineman,just have to fill 2 spots there.

Def.will also be wide open.Have about 8 spots there to fill also.Be interresting to see if Berrong comes back or not.Hopefully TOPA will transfer back before next year.He would be one of their best returing def.players.You have returning STEINHARLT,HELMS,and then WORKMAN and PEELS rotated on the line.

Be interesting to see how spring goes,and if any new kids come out.

Replacing the entire backfield, skill positions and 40% of the OL will be tuff. There are some great kids coming up just inexperienced. Satterfield has almost 30 years experience I am sure he will have them ready and competing at the same level from almost the get go. The kids have not lifted in almost 5 months. If they want to see gains in the weight room there will need to be a lot more emphasis placed on the in season lift program. The in season lifting program is essential to getting stronger over the kids 4 years in high school. If you don't, the kids lose and go backwards from what they gained in the winter to summer lifting program. Your main objective for in season is to maintain your mass and strength where it was at the beginning of the season, some kids will actually gain mass and strength during this time but that is the exception not the rule. In essence if you don't do that it will take most kids till the end of March to just get back to where they were. Then you have spring ball where all they can do for the bigger part of may is maintain mass and strength( If you don't have the in season lifting going on during the spring ball period. Then during that 3 week period they will lose half of any gains that may have been made since the winter lifting program began). Then school is out and summer conditioning starts and that makes it harder to put on mass. Then there is the two week dead period the week before the July 4 and the week after. Then conditioning "really" cranks up for the season. So you can see if you are not VERY committed to your in season lift program the kids don't have much of a chance to be ANYWHERE as strong and as big as they would have been otherwise. You "must" get in there with them, put them on a whistle and stay after them, other wise you and I both know it will not be productive for most of them. Some will do there lifts regardless, bust most of them need structure, guidance, encouragement and direction for safety's sake if for nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Doc, Big Bell (and myself) wanted me to let you know that when he, Eli, and Storm went to the football combine at Tusculum this past week, that he knew exactly what he was doing because of what you had taught him in past years with the drills that they were puting him through. So a big thanks from both of us!

jeff bell

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Doc, Big Bell (and myself) wanted me to let you know that when he, Eli, and Storm went to the football combine at Tusculum this past week, that he knew exactly what he was doing because of what you had taught him in past years with the drills that they were puting him through. So a big thanks from both of us!

jeff bell

Thanks Jeff, You and Momma have done a great job with those boys. Big Bell will do well at Tusculum he is just a natural road grader that will only get better. I expect big things out of little Bell the next two years. With his work ethic the kids are going to look to him for leadership, It is not always comfortable for all your teammates eyes to be on you, but he can handle it and lead by example. Tell BB if he wants to work on anything between now and camp to let me know, and again thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked with Blake Huffman the other night and his plans are to move back to Madisonville and play at Sequoyah. He is a great kid and will have an immediate impact for Sequoyah. He could have started for the Chiefs last year as an eighth grader. Great news for the Chiefs /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I talked with Blake Huffman the other night and his plans are to move back to Madisonville and play at Sequoyah. He is a great kid and will have an immediate impact for Sequoyah. He could have started for the Chiefs last year as an eighth grader. Great news for the Chiefs /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This is GREAT news for the Chiefs!!

• 2 weeks later...