2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

For those of you that have asked Jake has agreed to go play at UTC. He had other opportunities but UTC is close to home(but not to close for mom to just drop in!) and it is a great school. He is glad it is over. He is really excited about getting a good education and getting to play football. They have a excellent engineering program and Jake wants to be an electrical engineer. He is working out like crazy and is now up to 200lbs. He hopes to be at 210 by the time camp starts. Jacob realizes the opportunity he has and he wants to represent Sequoyah High school in the correct way. There were some initial communication issues with UTC with the coaching change and all but Marcus Satterfield was his recruiter at UTC and really lit a fire in Jacob on his visit to UTC. Thanks to Bill Satterfield for taking Jacob to a practice after his official visit when I could not cancel patients on such short notice. To all of you that I have gotten to know and respect over the last several years, Jeff Roberts, Bob Starcher, David Gregory,Mike Black, Doug Justice,Pete and Scarlet Mosier,Jason Saunders,Adam Kefauver,Mike Peels,Don Workman,CH Thomas,Jeff Bell,and many others, thanks for your commitment,unselfish motives and dedication to the kids at Sequoyah high school. I am honored to have been abel to call you my friends. To the very very special kids I had the opportunity to coach and love I will never ever for get you and will "always" be there for you 24-7. I will still be around to help in anyway I can. Thanks to you all for a lifetime of memories, and Jake if you read this thanks for being the young man you have turned out to be (Hink would be very proud of you!) and I love you Bud.

Congratulations Jake!! I know you will make Sequoyah Proud! Thanks again Dave for all of your support for this athletic program. It is truly GREAT to hear when a young man's dreams come true!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that have asked Jake has agreed to go play at UTC. He had other opportunities but UTC is close to home(but not to close for mom to just drop in!) and it is a great school. He is glad it is over. He is really excited about getting a good education and getting to play football. They have a excellent engineering program and Jake wants to be an electrical engineer. He is working out like crazy and is now up to 200lbs. He hopes to be at 210 by the time camp starts. Jacob realizes the opportunity he has and he wants to represent Sequoyah High school in the correct way. There were some initial communication issues with UTC with the coaching change and all but Marcus Satterfield was his recruiter at UTC and really lit a fire in Jacob on his visit to UTC. Thanks to Bill Satterfield for taking Jacob to a practice after his official visit when I could not cancel patients on such short notice. To all of you that I have gotten to know and respect over the last several years, Jeff Roberts, Bob Starcher, David Gregory,Mike Black, Doug Justice,Pete and Scarlet Mosier,Jason Saunders,Adam Kefauver,Mike Peels,Don Workman,CH Thomas,Jeff Bell,and many others, thanks for your commitment,unselfish motives and dedication to the kids at Sequoyah high school. I am honored to have been abel to call you my friends. To the very very special kids I had the opportunity to coach and love I will never ever for get you and will "always" be there for you 24-7. I will still be around to help in anyway I can. Thanks to you all for a lifetime of memories, and Jake if you read this thanks for being the young man you have turned out to be (Hink would be very proud of you!) and I love you Bud.

Congratulations,Jake! I'm glad to hear you have decided to play and at UT-C is so much the better! Good luck and go wear them out! Dave, Hink would really be proud, as I know you are. Congratulations on making the hard work pay off in such a good way for a great kid! We're pulling for you,Jake.

I'm proud to know that i have been part of his life.I wish him all the sucess in the world.And i know he will do well because of the work he puts in.You know people have bashed us on here for the past few years,but this kinda of thing is what its all about.Meeting those kids in the weight room at 6 30 am 3 times a week.I wish those people who ran their mouths could have shared the tears the blood and the hard work.They will never know what it truely meant to us to be a part of these kids lifes.All they had to worry about was personal issus that they had no clue about.I wish all the kids great success in all that they do.And i to respect the poeple above.I feel like they really supported us and really supported those kids.If everyone worked as hard as they did,and supported like they did,we would be as one.And i would like to thank you DOC for what you have done for me,you help me thur some tuff times.I have made some great freinds through this.Coach Gregory,Coach Black ,and Coach J. and Coach Sanders.You guys will always be welcome at my place.

What is the spring practice schedule?

Saturday, May 9th as a two-a-day. Spring Practice is May 11 through May 22. Scrimages are May 14th at Wartburg and May 22nd at home vs Greenback. (This information from Coach's comments made at the last few Booster Club meetings and I assume are subject to change.)

Also, the Lift-a-thon is scheduled for Saturday May 23rd in the gym. Sponsors and football fans will be invited to attend.

Congratulations from your friend down in Charger Country!! Always good to hear anyone from our Region that gets an opportunity to play after high school. UTC, I hope with this new staff, is on the comeback. I am an ex Moc and have a niece going there to play basketball next year!! Keep working to get better!!

Thanks, The new staff(at UTC) have a lot of holes to fill but with time will make them better. I have several of the Charger football players as patients and everyone of them are very exceptional young men. With 22 returning Seniors you guys should have another great season. You guys have to be playing one of the hardest schedules in the state! Good luck to the Chiefs and the Chargers.

Nice to hear some football talk, drove by the lockerroom the other day and saw alot of freshmen workingout, word is Huffman is coming back, and if the cook kids come back that would be awesome for the line. We been doing the whole track thing, its different, lol, Steinhardt and Big Bell are monsters throwing the the Shot and Discuss, another kid I will like to see on the field is Matt Williams, this kid is fast, him and Lil Bell can fly (even though both got beat by Rayl in the 100 meter dash, QB from Central, he is a athlete). Big question on if the track athletes will be able to participate in spring practice, they go to Chattanooga Tuesday and Thursday for sub regionals, if they place in the top 4 spots (i think), then they go on to regionals (which means they would miss out on some spring ball). I'm so torn, I want all of them to do well, but I am ready for some football. Youth league sign ups started today, 12 so far, alot to go, help me get the word out, May 9 and May 16, for Madisonville, at the football field 9am - 1. Steinhardt says he will do whatever is best for the team, even going to fullback is a possibility, can u imagine the hole he would open up. With Huffman, Forrest McKane, Cody Steele and Brian Tilley (just to name a few) this freshman class is going to be a good one, some could step in this year, IMO. Does anybody know if baseball players will be involved with spring practice?

Nice to hear some football talk, drove by the lockerroom the other day and saw alot of freshmen workingout, word is Huffman is coming back, and if the cook kids come back that would be awesome for the line. We been doing the whole track thing, its different, lol, Steinhardt and Big Bell are monsters throwing the the Shot and Discuss, another kid I will like to see on the field is Matt Williams, this kid is fast, him and Lil Bell can fly (even though both got beat by Rayl in the 100 meter dash, QB from Central, he is a athlete). Big question on if the track athletes will be able to participate in spring practice, they go to Chattanooga Tuesday and Thursday for sub regionals, if they place in the top 4 spots (i think), then they go on to regionals (which means they would miss out on some spring ball). I'm so torn, I want all of them to do well, but I am ready for some football. Youth league sign ups started today, 12 so far, alot to go, help me get the word out, May 9 and May 16, for Madisonville, at the football field 9am - 1. Steinhardt says he will do whatever is best for the team, even going to fullback is a possibility, can u imagine the hole he would open up. With Huffman, Forrest McKane, Cody Steele and Brian Tilley (just to name a few) this freshman class is going to be a good one, some could step in this year, IMO. Does anybody know if baseball players will be involved with spring practice?

Sterling tells me that the field events and the 2 mile run are on Tuesday. The other track events are on Thursday. If they make it through subs, the regionals are on Tuesday of the first week of practice. We will have to wait and see what happens from there. I also am ready for football, but I am also surprised at how well our little known T & F team is doing. I am in the process of putting together an article for the Ad/Dem on the results of each meet. I think SQHS fans will be impressed with some of the results. Good Luck to Christian and Brandon next week.

Saturday, May 9th as a two-a-day. Spring Practice is May 11 through May 22. Scrimages are May 14th at Wartburg and May 22nd at home vs Greenback. (This information from Coach's comments made at the last few Booster Club meetings and I assume are subject to change.)

Also, the Lift-a-thon is scheduled for Saturday May 23rd in the gym. Sponsors and football fans will be invited to attend.

Lift-a-Thon Date has changed. Will be held on Sat. the 16th @ 1:00 pm. The public is invited to attend.

Congratulations and good luck to Jake! He is one of many in that senior class that demonstrate what hard work, determination, and perseverance can do. It is a great example set for the classes that follow them. Dave I would like to say thank you for the advice and tutalige that you have given me coaching. From when we coached juniors at Vonore through when you coached at the high school you have never failed to point me in the right direction. The days that you and coach sauders let me hang out at practices and pick your brains for offensive line drills and skills were a great value to me and hopefully to the kids that I have been coaching the last couple of years. I really appreciate all of the help.