McMinn Central- Why no props?

jimbo44

MC seems to be able to perform at a high level without needing constant press and attention in the paper and sources such as this board, and the players seem unselfish. Lambert could probably be putting in 30 a night especially against the lesser teams but there's no need for it usually. The coach can be brash and brutally honest when it's needed-such as last year when he said in the paper his team was afraid of Cleveland-but the players appear to respond well to it.

You are a moderator on this board, are you trying to discourage discussions? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a moderator on this board, are you trying to discourage discussions? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Not at all. Just that they win without the coverage or attention a team in an always strong area like the UC might get, and without a lot of talk on here. It does surprise me a little too, there are fans from that area on the board, just look at the McMinn Central football posts. They get coverage in the Chattanooga paper but being in no man's land between Chattanooga and Knoxville probably makes it hard for writers to get over there consistently for in-person game stories. They will be even tougher now, arguably their second-best player just got off the injury list.

Not at all. Just that they win without the coverage or attention a team in an always strong area like the UC might get, and without a lot of talk on here. It does surprise me a little too, there are fans from that area on the board, just look at the McMinn Central football posts. They get coverage in the Chattanooga paper but being in no man's land between Chattanooga and Knoxville probably makes it hard for writers to get over there consistently for in-person game stories. They will be even tougher now, arguably their second-best player just got off the injury list.

I understand about the "no man's land" situation, but we on this board are another media outlet for kids playing the sport.

Any positive notes on here about players, gets read state wide or further.

I've been following Madison Lee's AAU and school play since she was about 10.

• 2 weeks later...

13-0 appears to be doing well at this point. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I really hope that the easy schedule and easy district doesn't hurt the team.. They haven't been playing their level of play yet but I am sure all the seniors are hungry to go all the way.. JUST REMEMBER,,,, GREAT PLAYERS MAKE GREAT PROGRESS DURING TIMES THE TEAM NEEDS THEM TOO!!!! I do believe that all the seniors will provide great progress during some tuff games ahead. After these great seniors are gone Central will have a great team still because of the very weak district that will be next year. They will be sorely missed next year and we are hoping they will bring it all home this year because they wont get another chance like this next year!!!!!!!! GO CHARGERETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any idea why this team didn't go to a high level holiday tournament? I know they played in the Best of Preps tourney in Chatt. and that can hardly be considered high level. That would seem to be the best route to go to toughen up the schedule and prepare a team for tournament action. Just curious why the coach didn't see fit to enter into one.

Any idea why this team didn't go to a high level holiday tournament? I know they played in the Best of Preps tourney in Chatt. and that can hardly be considered high level. That would seem to be the best route to go to toughen up the schedule and prepare a team for tournament action. Just curious why the coach didn't see fit to enter into one.

because they didn't wanna have to face a tougher team and have a chance of loosing and ruining their perfect record!!!!