Preds in a Phunk

Since between Detroit, Nashville has looked just about pathetic. No offense, no fire, no nothing. We all knew that they'd be offensively challenged after losing Radulov, but this effort is pitiful.

The big 4 money players are not producing. Key on my you-know-what list are Mr. David (17 points so far) Legwand, and Casper the Ghost Martin Erat. They are playing like empty sweaters. The last two losses to Calgary and Vancouver were unexplainable.

Here's the point: Is it time for either they, or Barry Trotz, to go?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(dandy, you can chime in any time. . . /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> )

how the heck do you beat the Wings, overcome a three goal deficit to the Pens, but can't score more than one goal against everyone else?

Wish for Saturday- that Sully has a successful outing and doesn't get hurt.

Congratulations on your first experience. I promise you, you don't have to know a lot about the particulars of the rules to grasp what is going on. A lot of penalties translate from sports you know, like holding, tripping, offsides (puck has to be past the blue line first before a player on the same team), etc.

Offense and defense remind you a lot of sports like basketball or soccer. Finally, the scoring concept is so simple, a caveman can do it- your team puts more in the net than the other guy, you win.

Don't worry about shift changes,or why they fight in the NHL. Someone who knows will tell you if you ask. Finally, the fan experience is hard to top.

Unfortuanately, the Preds are stuck in the mud right now. Saturday's fiasco should require management to refund all of the ticket prices.

Personally, I am glad to hear they got booed off of the ice.

To me, it means a couple of things: 1) The hockey paying public knows now bad hockey when they see it and are fed up to here with the effort being put forth by some of the players. It's a good sign. 2) The Preds rarely if ever get booed (they must live in some kind of Vince-Land). Hopefully, it got to the players enough that they'll straighten up and turn things around. 3) The booing will give management and the coaches a point of emphasis when they chew out some behinds- or changes will be made.

Keep coming back. If we are fortunate enough to land back in the playoffs again, you'll never regret buying a ticket for that experience.

It was amazing how bad the Pred looked Last night. It looked like a Youth team against a pro team. It seemed that they were skating in sand and they could not pass the puck. What difference from last week when they played the Blackhawks. They acted like they they did not want to be there. TOOTOO was the only one to seem to skate hard.

Welcome to the hockey family, Buc. There is no other sport as exciting in person as hockey. Hopefully, you'll get to see more of the team that beat Detroit, Pittsburgh and chicago than the loss to Atlanta.

On this team, when our big 4 struggle (see fromthetop list), we are gonna struggle. We are not talented enough to overcome offensive shortcomings from our established, top line players. But the game is entertaining, preds do a good job between periods and normally we are good at home.

Fromthetop, I believe part of the problem is Trotz, not his style per se, but the fact that most of the players in the room have heard it for years now..... the same ole stuff and you know (at least i do) from our own experience that the same words, same motivation soon falls on deaf ears.....I believe he has lost the room.

Of course, hiring a new coach requires money, unless they can get someone to work for Trotz money.

Trotz is about 213 in hockey-coaching years at this point.

Unfortunately, I fear you may be right that the players who need to listen have zoned him out. And of course, it is far easier to fire one guy and shake the ship up than it is to fire 10 who might need to be shown the door.

Trotzie is a good coach, but the blame will have to fall somewhere if things don't change.

Trotz is about 213 in hockey-coaching years at this point.

Unfortunately, I fear you may be right that the players who need to listen have zoned him out. And of course, it is far easier to fire one guy and shake the ship up than it is to fire 10 who might need to be shown the door.

Trotzie is a good coach, but the blame will have to fall somewhere if things don't change.

The calm demeanor he exhibits during after game press needs to become a chair throwing, butt chewing exhibition.

I'd as soon trade Arnott and Dumont if we struggle the rest of the year, take my lumps and be ready to explode the next..... We have enough defensive talent as trade bait and could free up enough money this year to field a good team next.

• 2 weeks later...

with Sulzer going down with the shoulder injury, I think things shake up a bit now..

Hammer becomes a UFA in 2010. I think he stays until the contract's done. I'd love to spend his 2.5m elsewhere.. but we still have to hit the cap floor.

This chart will help ya understand/frustrate you.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=NAS